It is currently Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Suggestions for forum improvement 

Here you can post your suggestions, thoughts and anything else what can help for forum improvement.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 am

It'd be nice, to have a thread of legendary manager tactics and how to do them in PES. because I always read about tactics of legendary managers online, but it's hard to replicate them in PES imo.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:45 pm

I suggest reviewing squads of nations that were result of the dissolution of Eastern bloque by selecting only post-dissolution players. AS teams have fairly been a matter of contribution. It doesn't seem reasonable to me blending players before and after the dissolution, especially when USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia AS teams do exist here. Pre-dissolution players might have contributed to the legacy of the new country's football at some point, but the newly formed teams don't share much common ground. And of course that descent/origin criterion confuses me, concerning the principle of contribution. With the current criteria, if Yashin is considered a Russia NT member and enters the Russia AS team, then why Arshavin (e.g.) couldn't do the same for the USSR AS team as well?

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:01 am

FanisJK7 wrote:
I suggest reviewing squads of nations that were result of the dissolution of Yugoslavia and USSR by selecting only post-dissolution players. AS teams have fairly been a matter of contribution. It doesn't seem reasonable to me blending players before and after the dissolution, especially when USSR and Yugoslavia AS teams do exist. Pre-dissolution players might have contributed to the legacy of the new country's football at some point, but the newly formed teams don't share much common ground. And of course the descent/origin criterion confuses me, concerning the principle of contribution.

You have a good point that I also used to have in the past. However, NT all star teams include the best players from a specific country, either they were born or grew up and played there. We can't know what country a player would have chosen in the past if those "super-countries" didn't exist back then. Some African, Asian and North American national teams have a similar situation because they were part of a bigger state. Still, I don't think it's wrong to include players who are considered legends of a country even though they didn't play internationally for it.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 am

Interista93 wrote:
You have a good point that I also used to have in the past. However, NT all star teams include the best players from a specific country, either they were born or grew up and played there. We can't know what country a player would have chosen in the past if those "super-countries" didn't exist back then. Some African, Asian and North American national teams have a similar situation because they were part of a bigger state. Still, I don't think it's wrong to include players who are considered legends of a country even though they didn't play internationally for it.

At the end of the day everyone gets their mention. Repeating the same players doesn't help anywhere. Not to mention the high amount of reserves or the fact that some contemporary successful players don't get the credit they deserve. This blending might be more fun to watch/play but it looks strange at the same time imo. Anyways..

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5