It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 World Cup 2014 

Hi guys, since the WC will begin in just a few weeks I started this thread to talk about anything concerning this WC. So what are your expectations? Personaly I think that Holland won't have a good WC. I also think that Brazil won't meet the expectations and perhaps Germany will be World Champion

Mon May 19, 2014 6:37 am

beiderbecke wrote:
I think the worst is over now since Europeans are pushovers.

:D

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Really, if Argentina beat Germany, then God has left football's world to feed by itself. There's nothing worse than that atrocity in history aside from Spain became the champions with the fewest goals made ever...

Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 pm

So, for the common sense Germany is the ambassador of the beautiful game now ? Just like Barça some time before ?

I'm neither for Germany nor Argentina but what I read here and there in the press/from the people since that 7-1 kinda makes me sick, did people forgot how was Germany-Algeria or Ghana-Germany ?
The press is poising people's mind to sell more and create the buzz with a "pensée unique", but there's no such thing in sports.

The one that will win it will make a great winner, so be it. In 50 years no one will give a fuck if it was a beautiful winner or an ugly winner, just the win will matter, that's how things are.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Well, i also think that Germany's also played some of very ugly games in this tournament, but they won the tournament is still better than Argentina instead since they showed good teamwork in most of the game, unlike Argentina where they're by far the luckiest World Cup finalist i've ever know.
But it doesn't matter, anyway. What i know is that this World Cup became an ugly sport post the group stage, and i'm glad that this tournament showed my father that football didn't became better than 20 years ago, but became worse and worse instead...

Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Quote:
this World Cup became an ugly sport post the group stage

It has always been like that, if you ask me.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:15 pm
Profile WWW

MagicDip wrote:
Quote:
this World Cup became an ugly sport post the group stage

It's always been like that, if you ask me.

Not in 1998 World Cup (for Brazil's route till semi, at least) and plenty of other examples that i can't call right now.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:21 pm

World Trophy, HAS COME BACK, TO GERMANY!

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 pm

This is Ridicolous!
Spoiler: show

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm
Amministratore

JeanMarc wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He just needs to come on the pitch and he immediately gets all the awards..

He was the main reason why Argentina lost WC, invisible in knockout phase...

We can already put him on the list of 5 most overrated players in history...

He is the king of overrated players with CR7 :lol:

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:09 am

Weltmeister! After this tournament no other team would have deserved to win the cup instead of Germany, with no doubt..

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 am

I know there's a current fashion to overcriticize Messi these days but everything is not all black or all white.

Like Oswaldo Piazza said in a recent interview, without Messi Argentina wouldn't have passed the first round, end of the story. And it's not Messi who waisted all these oportunities when he made some good actions (as with Di Maria and Lavezzi, he was the ONLY one who could accelerate and make de difference from time to time), the likes of Higuain, Aguero, Palacio etc did absolutely nothing, leaving Messi being the only threat, most of the time surrounded by 3 or 4 guys, so now everyone expected him to create the opportunities, to assist and score?? Be realistic, even a hybrid of Di Stefano, Cruijff, Maradona and Pelé can't win by himself, he was absolutely ALONE after Di Maria's injury.

We all agree that Messi isn't Maradona, and that's not the point, we all agree he walks and doesn't do anything without the ball, and I bet there's things we don't know yet about his health with that weird tendency to disappear after one half and vomit on the pitch in almost every game. The guy (and that's for all the big club players) have played like a machine in the past 5 years without almost any rest, FIFA/UEFA and all National Federation are greedy bastards who are physically killing the players because there are too many games and competitions in a year. When people are complaining that there's no show and beautiful games in the last WCs, they have to think about how many games the players have played in a season before these international competitions. They are only humans not machines.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm
Profile WWW

I'd add:

In 86 Maradona had Valdano and Burru + an iron defence.
In 2014 Messi had Di Maria for the half of the competition + an unexpected iron defence, that's not enough in modern football to win, had another offensive player stepped up in that team, the story might have been different. Maybe it's Sabella's responsibility to have chosen too much similar players for his team and left some others that could have been useful at home but it's done.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

Modern football in NTs isn't different than 1986's football... In teams yes, but NTs no.

Even, I think before, the defenders were much more hard and best (something that could make Maradone still being the best of Argentina)
Messi didn't play like in 2009, when he played like Maradona, destroying all defenses when he touched the ball, right now he doesn't run, defenders don't touch him because he is protected by the referees... Thats why I don't like Messi (in 2009 he was one of my favourtite modern players, even when my teams are AC Milan and Real Madrid), that year is the only one Ballon D'or what should be win by Messi, the others were stolen to another players (2010 should be won by Sneijder or Xavi, 2011 by Drogba, Robben or Ribery, 2012 anyone dudes here about Iniesta? and 2013 which isn't win by Messi, but Robben should won it, and he wasn't in the 3 finalist... And if football is fair, this year it should be between Sergio Ramos, Müller and Ronaldo or Robben)

Of course, he won Golden ball of the WC... Why? Müller, James Rodrígues, Kroos, Mascherano... They should be the main candidates to won it, more than anyone Müller or James Rodriguez. But no... People still overrate Messi and that making young people think Messi is better than Maradona, Di Stéfano, Pelé, Garrincha and too many legends, when in my opinion (and I'm not the only one) he isn't the left foot of Van Basten

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:46 pm

:D

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 am

One of the most important reasons why Messi won the golden ball according to FIFA itself: he was captain of a finalist..

Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next