It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 European Championship 2024 

Hey guys, totally forgot it but at it's some kind of tradition of our forum, I think it's time to have a topic for the biggest tournament of this year ;)
Your thoughts on favorites, matches and players - everything can be posted here.
Regarding our match yesterday: Finally a good start in a tournement again and even more important -finally the team showed the efficiency that has made our NT a force for decades. Musiala and Wirtz proved again why they're arguably the most talented duo in this competition, if they continue to play like that we could really play a big role in the EC. Maybe I overestimated Scotland but from what I've seen yesterday, I was pretty disappointed since the team lacked both creativity and also mentality.
Regarding the current match of Spain vs Croatia: Another good example why it's so important to convert your chances. The result should be 3:2 but since both Gvardiol and Majer didn't convert their chances, Spain will rather end up trashing Croatia then having a tough game until the last minute..

Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:59 pm

My predictions:

Group A :GER: :SWI: :SCO: :HUN:
Group B :SPA: :ITA: :CRO: :ALB:
Group C :ENG: :DEN: :SER: :SLO:
Group D :FRA: :NET: :AUT: :POL:
Group E :BEL: :UKR: :ROM: :SVK:
Group F :POR: :CZE: :TUR: :GEO:

Round of 16
:SPA: :AUT:
:GER: :DEN:
:POR: :CRO:
:NET: :UKR:
:BEL: :SER:
:FRA: :CZE:
:ENG: :TUR:
:SWI: :ITA:

Quarter finals
:SPA: :GER:
:POR: :NET:
:BEL: :FRA:
:ENG: :ITA:

Semifinals
:GER: :POR:
:FRA: :ENG:

Final
:GER: :FRA:

Winner :GER:

Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:39 pm

as long as Germany, France and England don't win I'm happy

Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:58 pm

I think if Germany get to the Semi's they'll win it. If not I think France are hard to argue against, I dont see England doing well I think they'll struggle and Portugal on paper look great but they have for a few years now and disappointed.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

I think it's difficult to tell how good Germany are, of course they played well but Scotland didn't challenge them at all, we had no attacking threat and just let Germany do whatever they wanted with the ball, especially Kroos was unchallenged the whole game. IMO this tournament could be too early for them, they have a lot of younger players and newcomers to the team. It reminds me a bit of their 2006 team. Spain looked very good but maybe lack the absolute world class players of France and England. Hungary looked quite exploitable defensively but Switzerland looked strong enough that I don't think Scotland can get anything from that game. Italy seemed to lack in creativity and be more focused on pace and power, although they controlled the ball in the midfield well. But again, Albania isn't really a tough challenge.

I still think France or England will win, but Germany and Spain are probably feeling a lot more confident now.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:40 am

Yeah Germany reminds me their team in 2006. Theoritically, France-England-Germany are the most potential candidates, but nothing is assured on the field (that's why Euro is the most interesting tournament at the international level IMO - the class distance among teams are not so far as in the paper). Portugal & Spain squads sound great, but they seem lacking something about determination and commitment for the semifinal and final battle. Italy will need some miracles to defend their championship.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:13 am

Everyone in Poland right now :lol:

Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:40 pm

Srbi! Braćo! Stoko!

C'mon Serbs!

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:25 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
I think it's difficult to tell how good Germany are, of course they played well but Scotland didn't challenge them at all, we had no attacking threat and just let Germany do whatever they wanted with the ball, especially Kroos was unchallenged the whole game. IMO this tournament could be too early for them, they have a lot of younger players and newcomers to the team. It reminds me a bit of their 2006 team. Spain looked very good but maybe lack the absolute world class players of France and England. Hungary looked quite exploitable defensively but Switzerland looked strong enough that I don't think Scotland can get anything from that game. Italy seemed to lack in creativity and be more focused on pace and power, although they controlled the ball in the midfield well. But again, Albania isn't really a tough challenge.

I still think France or England will win, but Germany and Spain are probably feeling a lot more confident now.

I think the 2010 Germany team would be a better comparison. The only real similarity between 2006 and today I can see is that they are playing at home. The 2010 team on the other hand was, with a few exceptions, full of new inexperienced players like Neuer, Khedira, Müller, Özil, and Boateng. I know the current team has more experienced players than the 2010 team, but in terms of introducing new players I feel the 2010 team is a better comparison.

I like the mix Germany has tho. Some players that have seen it all like Neuer, Müller, Rüdiger, Kroos, Gündogan combined with exciting talent like Wirtz, Musiala and co. Think the lack of a real world class striker is hurting them the most. I like Füllkrug and he has done brillantly for Germany in his relatively short National Team career, but he should not be more than a squad player.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:16 pm

Good first half from England and a bad second half. I don't think Foden and Bellingham work together and Bellingham is such a dominant personality that he just took over and Foden disappeared. I think Southgate should try Gordon on the left instead of Foden. But the biggest thing to take away from that game, is that Serbia are definitely better than both Denmark and Slovenia. Both those teams are quite shit and Serbia showed great energy and fight in the second half.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:08 am

England have good players in this tournament and maybe it's time for them to get trophies. But the level at which it appeared is not good

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:19 am
Amministratore

Main England's problem is Southgate, without him they would have won easy at least Euro 2020-21

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:31 am

Did I underestimate Romania or overrate Ukraine? Romania doesn't have as many "big" names as Ukraine. What an upset.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:51 pm

Imagine having Vertonghen/Alderweireld/Kompany/Van Buyten/Vermaelen as CBs at one point and then going to Faes and Debast..

Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:48 pm

Good game from both Turkey and Georgia. The Eastern Europeans have by far been the most entertaining teams so far. All the Western teams play too safe.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next