Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Growth Type: Early Lasting

CARDS:
S12: 1-on-1 Keeper

SPECIAL ABILITIES: 1on1 Stopper

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Jürgen Croy is former goalkeeper from East Germany and one of the greatest keepers the game has ever seen, as well as the most underrated one alongside Ronnie Hellstrom of Sweden. Croy started to play as a midfielder in his youth, than moved to goal. That's why he was good in not-keeping duties, safe with the ball with solid passing skills and good pace. He was excellent in positioning on line, very fast in reflexes, althletic built and strong, good when leaving the goal line and very calm under pressure as well as good comanding in the box. Jürgen Croy is something of an unsung hero in the world of goalkeepers. Chances are that you've probably never heard of him, but had he born on the other side of the Wall he could have very well been playing in the 1974 World Cup Final instead of Sepp Maier - he was that good. Born in the city of Zwickau, Croy spent his entire career with his hometown club, BSG Sachsenring Zwickau (now known as FSV Zwickau), playing nearly 400 top flight matches. He earned his first international cap at the tender age of twenty and kept a clean sheet as East Germany beat Sweden 1-0 and would go on to play 94 times for his country in an international career spanning fourteen years, keeping another clean sheet in his last appearance at the age of 34 against Cuba. But it was during the 1974 World Cup Finals that Croy came to the attention of the football world.

Drawn in the same group as their neighbours, the East Germans - with their outdated blue shirts with GDR emblazoned on the front - upset the form book by beating their counterparts from the West 1-0 in the final game to top the group. And although they were eventually undone by Brazil and Holland in the next round, they went home with their heads held high. None more so than Croy, who, with his excellent saves and reflex reactions, had captured the admiring glances of many. It was during this period that Croy was at his best and experienced the most success. The 1974 team had built upon the foundations laid by the Olympic squad of 1972, who had walked away with the Bronze medal in Munich, and in 1976 they went all the way and won Gold at Montreal. On the domestic front, Croy won his second East German Cup Final with BSG in 1975, enjoying a run to the Semi-Final of the Cup Winners' Cup the following season. And it was during this period that the outstanding shot stopper was elected East German Football of the Year three times, in 1972, '76 and '78, not to mention being awarded the title of Honorary Citizen of the city of Zwickau in 1976. Despite winning the East German Cup in 1967 and 1975, the dominance of teams like Dynamo Dresden and FC Carl Zeiss Jena restricted Croy's opportunities to shine in European competitions, which partly goes someway to explaining his partial anonymity in the West. However, his ability to stay at the top of his game earned him rave reviews in both the East and West German media and he deservedly made the Top Fifty of the International Federation of Football History and Statistics' Goalkeepers of the Century, many experts put him among 5-6 greatest keepers in history.

Spoiler: show
MORE INFO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%BCrgen_Croy

www.11freunde.de/geschichtsstunde/105664

www.superillu.de/leute/Juergen_Croy__150806.html

www.11freunde.de/geschichtsstunde/1...en_aussenseiter

Few quotes from previous forum:

Quote:
I think his AGG should be higher, around 68

I don't want him to rush from the line too often, cause he didn't do it in real life. That's why I gave him smaller AGG. He went from line just when
needed it and he was good in those moves, that's why I gave him good values in AGI, TS, ACC. I'll put it on 63 and increase MEN to 87.

Meow, meow, copy, copy... Image The copy cat conquers again...

It's interesting how he changed their original gorgeous stats:

http://img858.imageshack.us/i/screenshot004z.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/screenshot003jt.jpg/

We're here something like doctors, we help poor jerks to realize their poorness. The difference is we don't get any money for that though :lol: But money can't buy
everything, and they must be enjoying when they look themselves in mirror, in their own poor world :lol:

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:29 am

Interesting part on 1:07:

He could have Penalty Stopper among SA ;)
Btw I have to repeat it again, the most underrated GK of all time..

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]