Captain: Zico | Domingos da Guia | Zizinho
Short free kick: Zico | Júnior
Long free kick: Júnior
Free kick 2: Zizinho
Right corner: Zico | Júnior
Left corner: Zico | Júnior
Penalty: Zico | Romário | Júnior

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:36 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
No! It is not that he could take adilio's place. Simply, Adilio took his place because unfortunately he past away. He was the number 8 of Flamengo, not Adilio. Adilio was originally a left winger. Geraldo was way better than Adilio, they are not even comparable that time.

And there arent so many irreplacable players like you say. Charles Guerreiro for example can easily be substituted by Geraldo.

Oh yeah, yeah. Well, then maybe I shouldn't comment further due to my ignorance on the subject, but for the little I researched, I think he doesn't really have space there. Even being better than Adilio, it was Adilio who stayed in the end and won everything, while Geraldo only won one Carioca and didn't leave a consistent legacy. Could I have left? Yes, but then we would be going with "what if..." assumptions rather than "what was." I would like to know the Interista's opinion on the matter.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Is the Gerson that is linked in the reserves the correct one? Because have "Gérson de Oliveira Nunes" (the linked one) and "Gerson Santos da Silva" (Libertadores da América 2019 Champion)

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:14 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Is the Gerson that is linked in the reserves the correct one? Because have "Gérson de Oliveira Nunes" (the linked one) and "Gerson Santos da Silva" (Libertadores da América 2019 Champion)

It is right. It is Gérson "Canhotinha de Ouro". He began his career in Flamengo and actually was pretty good there, eventough he is more related with Botafogo (his prime) and Fluminense (end of his career but the club he supported since he was a child).

I suppose Gérson, that is now at Olimpique Marseille, doesnt fit according to the forum's criterias, he played just a few games for the club, much less than the others in the reserves.

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

It is right. It is Gérson "Canhotinha de Ouro". He began his career in Flamengo and actually was pretty good there, eventough he is more related with Botafogo (his prime) and Fluminense (end of his career but the club he supported since he was a child).

I suppose Gérson, that is now at Olimpique Marseille, doesnt fit according to the forum's criterias, he played just a few games for the club, much less than the others in the reserves.

Oh, ok. Thanks!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Suggestion: Lico or Junqueira out. De Arrascaeta in.

I would change Zinho who was left winger during his Flamengo's time to the attackers, so the number of 12 players for each position would be kept.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:16 am
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

I agree, and I say more: if Flamengo be the champion of the Copa Libertadores da América, we should have changes in the 23 starters (I would particularly change Gabigol for Bebeto and Bruno Henrique for Zagallo, other names like Filipe Luís can be discussed.) this is - no discussions - the second biggest era of players from Flamengo, is only behind Era Zico.

I also think Diego Alves can replace Gilmar Rinaldi.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

I agree, and I say more: if Flamengo be the champion of the Copa Libertadores da América, we should have changes in the 23 starters (I would particularly change Gabigol for Bebeto and Bruno Henrique for Zagallo, other names like Filipe Luís can be discussed.) this is - no discussions - the second biggest era of players from Flamengo, is only behind Era Zico.

I also think Diego Alves can replace Gilmar Rinaldi.

This is the second biggest era of Flamengo indeed.

Rodrigo Caio is a name to be discussed too.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

Just realize that Moacir is not here. I would rather put him on the reserves than most that are here.

Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:43 am
Profile WWW

Any chance to put Juan (the defender) here? He definitively deserves a place.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:10 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

If you're talking about the one who had his peak at Bayer Leverkusen, not really. Only by looking at his appearances, he was never an ever-present for Flamengo especially in Série A.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:16 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

If you're talking about the one who had his peak at Bayer Leverkusen, not really. Only by looking at his appearances, he was never an ever-present for Flamengo especially in Série A.

He may have his peak at Bayer but he was a great defender in Flamengo too. He even reach the National team for the first time during his Flamengo's time. Actually he achieved 10 games for Brazil during his Flamengo's period.

Also, he won important titles (in that time) for Flamengo, as Copa Mercosul (something like the South America's Europa League that time, prior to Copa Sul-Americana exists) and Copa dos Campeões (a tough tournament in his period too).

I particulary remember a great defense he formed alongside Gamarra. Juan was one of the main players of Flamengo's team from 1999 until 2001.

I am not sure where you see the amount of games of each player in Seria A per year, but I believe it is not a good criteria. Have in mind that the Brazilian Championship were shorter or longer depending on the year. The BR tournament only started to be regular, with 20 team, all teams playing each other home and away, from 2006 until now, before that it used to be a mess.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:06 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
He may have his peak at Bayer but he was a great defender in Flamengo too. He even reach the National team for the first time during his Flamengo's time. Actually he achieved 10 games for Brazil during his Flamengo's period.

Also, he won important titles (in that time) for Flamengo, as Copa Mercosul (something like the South America's Europa League that time, prior to Copa Sul-Americana exists) and Copa dos Campeões (a tough tournament in his period too).

Andrea Ranocchia capped 19 times for Italy while playing for Inter and won a Coppa Italia. Would you ever consider him for Inter for these reasons?
Of course I'm not comparing Juan to Ranocchia, who has always been an average player at most.

Bola Clássica wrote:
I am not sure where you see the amount of games of each player in Seria A per year, but I believe it is not a good criteria. Have in mind that the Brazilian Championship were shorter or longer depending on the year. The BR tournament only started to be regular, with 20 team, all teams playing each other home and away, from 2006 until now, before that it used to be a mess.

He played half Série A matches in 1996, less than half in 1997 and 1998, 1/3 in 1999, 2/3 in 2000 and 2001 ─ the only season where he played at least 30 games in all competitions. He then left for Bayer Leverkusen at the start of the following season. The number of matches isn't the most important factor but it's still important and what I want to point out with these stats is that it doesn't seem he was among the most regular players in the team.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:49 pm

Juan played more than 60 games at both seasons, 2000 and 2001.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:10 am
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:

I guess if we include the Campeonato Carioca, where only three-four teams out of ten were featured in Série A.
You know how I feel about those leagues especially in the last decades of the 1900s and now.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:56 am

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

I guess if we include the Campeonato Carioca, where only three-four teams out of ten were featured in Série A.
You know how I feel about those leagues especially in the last decades of the 1900s and now.

Ok. I understand your point.

So, what about Francisco Reyes replacing Charles Guerreiro?

Reyes was in his peak while playing for Flamengo and I particulary watched the whole Charles' carrer and he was not more than a hardworking player. I even prefer Athirson than him in terms of performance.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next