Free Kick 2: Julinho
Right Corner: Ademir da Guia
Left Corner: Ademir da Guia
Penalty: Djalma Santos

INFO:
https://www.palmeiras.com.br/craques/
https://www.palmeiras.com.br/pt-br/historia/
http://anotandofutbol.blogspot.com/2017 ... rte-1.html

Last edited by Interista93 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 pm

This team and many of the other brazilian teams needs a update...

ImageImageImage

Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:26 am

Goalkeepers: the club itself considers Oberdan and Marcos as the most important in their history. However, we have Émerson Leão, who played almost twice as Oberdan (of course in a far period), and is still regarded as a legend. This is a tough decision for me.
Defenders: this may be a controversial thought but could Júnior replace Roberto Carlos? Roberto Carlos played 185 matches, 44 if we consider only Série A but he won the national title twice in 1993 and 1994; Júnior played 337 games, 98 if we consider only Série A and while he didn't win it, he was a key player for the 1999 Copa Libertadores win. Roberto Carlos naturally had his best time at Real Madrid while Júnior clearly wouldn't have a space in any other AS team if not this one. In alternative there's also Ferrari, 293 matches and winner of the two Campeonatos in 1967.
Midfielders: Jorge Mendonça and Rivaldo are considered both mainly attackers in their sets but I think they could stay in midfielders. I'd move though Leivinha to the attackers and Waldemar Fiume, who is considered by the club mainly a midfielder, in midfield, so the number stays the same. I'm doubting though the presence of Alex, who has 243 matches and 78 goals but if we consider only the official matches, the number is way lower. Moreover he played in three different spells, two of which on loan, and wasn't a key player during the 1999 Copa Libertadores run as much as, for example, Júnior. As replacement, Zequinha should be a must. He has 421 matches, 40 goals, won the Série A in 1960 and 1967, is a World Cup winner, what else to say? Also, can't we find a spot for Chinesinho, national winner in 1960? Honestly, I would take out Mazzola. He left the team before they started winning major titles, is way below the top 10 scorers, had his best time at Milan.
Attackers: Heitor, 358 matches, 315 goals, international player, arguably the greatest legend of Palmeiras under the name Palestra Itália. I have no idea who could give him the spot though.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:34 am

Interista93 wrote:
Goalkeepers: the club itself considers Oberdan and Marcos as the most important in their history. However, we have Émerson Leão, who played almost twice as Oberdan (of course in a far period), and is still regarded as a legend. This is a tough decision for me.
Defenders: this may be a controversial thought but could Júnior replace Roberto Carlos? Roberto Carlos played 185 matches, 44 if we consider only Série A but he won the national title twice in 1993 and 1994; Júnior played 337 games, 98 if we consider only Série A and while he didn't win it, he was a key player for the 1999 Copa Libertadores win. Roberto Carlos naturally had his best time at Real Madrid while Júnior clearly wouldn't have a space in any other AS team if not this one. In alternative there's also Ferrari, 293 matches and winner of the two Campeonatos in 1967.
Midfielders: Jorge Mendonça and Rivaldo are considered both mainly attackers in their sets but I think they could stay in midfielders. I'd move though Leivinha to the attackers and Waldemar Fiume, who is considered by the club mainly a midfielder, in midfield, so the number stays the same. I'm doubting though the presence of Alex, who has 243 matches and 78 goals but if we consider only the official matches, the number is way lower. Moreover he played in three different spells, two of which on loan, and wasn't a key player during the 1999 Copa Libertadores run as much as, for example, Júnior. As replacement, Zequinha should be a must. He has 421 matches, 40 goals, won the Série A in 1960 and 1967, is a World Cup winner, what else to say? Also, can't we find a spot for Chinesinho, national winner in 1960? Honestly, I would take out Mazzola. He left the team before they started winning major titles, is way below the top 10 scorers, had his best time at Milan.
Attackers: Heitor, 358 matches, 315 goals, international player, arguably the greatest legend of Palmeiras under the name Palestra Itália. I have no idea who could give him the spot though.

Is Chinesinho really needed here? Right now you have Ademir da Guia, Rivaldo, Jorge Mendonça as attacking midfielders + Leivinha, Romeu and even Edmundo could cover that position as well. On the other hand you only have two defensive midfielders (Zequinha + Dudu) and only two wingers (Julinho + Rodrigues) and IMO those positions should rather be covered than adding yet another central attacking player.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 pm

A part of Dudu and Zequinha, there would be also Waldemar Fiume who spent most of his career in the midfield as right-half. Regarding the winger, there's Edu Bala on the right or Canhotinho and Nei on the left. They are all possible options in my opinion. Another possibility is Lima, legend of the 1940s and 1950s who was a winger on both sides and played even as defensive midfielder.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:02 pm

I think you should update the brazilians teams after two weeks.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:41 pm

LucioRP wrote:
I think you should update the brazilians teams after two weeks.

For now, I update this one, following also the suggestions given by gurkenjoe93. I choose Émerson Leão over Oberdan. Chinesinho stays out and as third winger I choose Lima, who can play on both sides and is a good reserve for both Julinho and Rodrigues. As I already said, it's a shame that I can't find a place for Heitor but I really don't know what striker I could replace.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Interista93 wrote:
As I already said, it's a shame that I can't find a place for Heitor but I really don't know what striker I could replace.

What about Rivaldo? Three great years for the club but he certainly had his peak certainly in Europe, not at Palmeiras.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Yeah, I guess Rivaldo is the one who can be out.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:04 pm

One last suggestion: Dudu as captain, then Ademir and Djalma Santos. Both Dudu and Ademir wore the armband during their time at Palmeiras but Dudu was certainly the heart and soul of the team.

Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:06 pm

what is the justification for César being incumbent in Heitor's place? Ok, César is the second best scorer in the history of Palmeiras, played 327 and won reasonable titles. However, I believe that the comparison is impossible, Heitor has to be the starter in this team. he made 358 games (more than Cesar), 327 goals (MUCH more than Cesar) and won 4 regional titles at the time when this title was the most important in the entire country, apart from other titles. Here's the full list:

São Paulo Championship: 1920, 1926, 1926 (extra edition) and 1927
Rio-São Paulo State Champions Cup: 1926
Tournament Beginning of São Paulo: 1927
Competence Cup: 1920, 1926, 1927
Ballor Cup (champion 1 round of the São Paulo Championship): 1926, 1927

Heitor in, César out.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:43 pm

This team REALLY needs an update.

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 am

The "Era Crefisa" of Palmeiras is already the most winner in the club's history, in a matter of importance and relevance of the trophies: Copa do Brasil (2015 and 2020), Campeonato Brasileiro (2016 and 2018), Campeonato Paulista (2020) and Copa Libertadores (2020 and 2021). With that as a base, I find it impossible to ignore some current players among the team's reserves.

I would add Dudu, Weverton and Gustavo Gomez, and I would like to get an opinion on who could come out for them to join (or if they shouldn't join).

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:03 am

Mikerdead39 wrote:
I would add Dudu, Weverton and Gustavo Gomez, and I would like to get an opinion on who could come out for them to join (or if they shouldn't join).

Dudu surely deserves a spot and can easily replace Rivaldo, who spent three seasons, played most matches in the State League and had his peak at Barcelona.
Weverton is a valid choice. Jurandyr ─ the goalkeeper with less seasons and appearances ─ would the the replaceable one.
I'm not sure about Gustavo Gómez yet. I'd take in consideration also Luan Garcia, Marcos Rocha and Gustavo Scarpa.

Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:18 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

Dudu surely deserves a spot and can easily replace Rivaldo, who spent three seasons, played most matches in the State League and had his peak at Barcelona.
Weverton is a valid choice. Jurandyr ─ the goalkeeper with less seasons and appearances ─ would the the replaceable one.
I'm not sure about Gustavo Gómez yet. I'd take in consideration also Luan Garcia, Marcos Rocha and Gustavo Scarpa.

I agree, these are good changes.
Dudu in Rivaldo out
Weverton in Jurandyr out

I don't know if it's possible to remove someone to put Luan Garcia, Marcos Rocha and Scarpa, but it's possible to analyze.

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next