:BRA: MINISTRINHO
:BRA: LIMINHA
:COL: Faustino ASPRILLA
:BRA: HUMBERTO TOZZI
:BRA: SERVÍLIO - Servílio de Jesus Filho
:ARG: Juan ECHEVARRIETA
:BRA: CAETANO IZZO

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 pm

This team and many of the other brazilian teams needs a update...

ImageImageImage

Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:26 am

Goalkeepers: the club itself considers Oberdan and Marcos as the most important in their history. However, we have Émerson Leão, who played almost twice as Oberdan (of course in a far period), and is still regarded as a legend. This is a tough decision for me.
Defenders: this may be a controversial thought but could Júnior replace Roberto Carlos? Roberto Carlos played 185 matches, 44 if we consider only Série A but he won the national title twice in 1993 and 1994; Júnior played 337 games, 98 if we consider only Série A and while he didn't win it, he was a key player for the 1999 Copa Libertadores win. Roberto Carlos naturally had his best time at Real Madrid while Júnior clearly wouldn't have a space in any other AS team if not this one. In alternative there's also Ferrari, 293 matches and winner of the two Campeonatos in 1967.
Midfielders: Jorge Mendonça and Rivaldo are considered both mainly attackers in their sets but I think they could stay in midfielders. I'd move though Leivinha to the attackers and Waldemar Fiume, who is considered by the club mainly a midfielder, in midfield, so the number stays the same. I'm doubting though the presence of Alex, who has 243 matches and 78 goals but if we consider only the official matches, the number is way lower. Moreover he played in three different spells, two of which on loan, and wasn't a key player during the 1999 Copa Libertadores run as much as, for example, Júnior. As replacement, Zequinha should be a must. He has 421 matches, 40 goals, won the Série A in 1960 and 1967, is a World Cup winner, what else to say? Also, can't we find a spot for Chinesinho, national winner in 1960? Honestly, I would take out Mazzola. He left the team before they started winning major titles, is way below the top 10 scorers, had his best time at Milan.
Attackers: Heitor, 358 matches, 315 goals, international player, arguably the greatest legend of Palmeiras under the name Palestra Itália. I have no idea who could give him the spot though.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:34 am

Interista93 wrote:
Goalkeepers: the club itself considers Oberdan and Marcos as the most important in their history. However, we have Émerson Leão, who played almost twice as Oberdan (of course in a far period), and is still regarded as a legend. This is a tough decision for me.
Defenders: this may be a controversial thought but could Júnior replace Roberto Carlos? Roberto Carlos played 185 matches, 44 if we consider only Série A but he won the national title twice in 1993 and 1994; Júnior played 337 games, 98 if we consider only Série A and while he didn't win it, he was a key player for the 1999 Copa Libertadores win. Roberto Carlos naturally had his best time at Real Madrid while Júnior clearly wouldn't have a space in any other AS team if not this one. In alternative there's also Ferrari, 293 matches and winner of the two Campeonatos in 1967.
Midfielders: Jorge Mendonça and Rivaldo are considered both mainly attackers in their sets but I think they could stay in midfielders. I'd move though Leivinha to the attackers and Waldemar Fiume, who is considered by the club mainly a midfielder, in midfield, so the number stays the same. I'm doubting though the presence of Alex, who has 243 matches and 78 goals but if we consider only the official matches, the number is way lower. Moreover he played in three different spells, two of which on loan, and wasn't a key player during the 1999 Copa Libertadores run as much as, for example, Júnior. As replacement, Zequinha should be a must. He has 421 matches, 40 goals, won the Série A in 1960 and 1967, is a World Cup winner, what else to say? Also, can't we find a spot for Chinesinho, national winner in 1960? Honestly, I would take out Mazzola. He left the team before they started winning major titles, is way below the top 10 scorers, had his best time at Milan.
Attackers: Heitor, 358 matches, 315 goals, international player, arguably the greatest legend of Palmeiras under the name Palestra Itália. I have no idea who could give him the spot though.

Is Chinesinho really needed here? Right now you have Ademir da Guia, Rivaldo, Jorge Mendonça as attacking midfielders + Leivinha, Romeu and even Edmundo could cover that position as well. On the other hand you only have two defensive midfielders (Zequinha + Dudu) and only two wingers (Julinho + Rodrigues) and IMO those positions should rather be covered than adding yet another central attacking player.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 pm

A part of Dudu and Zequinha, there would be also Waldemar Fiume who spent most of his career in the midfield as right-half. Regarding the winger, there's Edu Bala on the right or Canhotinho and Nei on the left. They are all possible options in my opinion. Another possibility is Lima, legend of the 1940s and 1950s who was a winger on both sides and played even as defensive midfielder.

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]