P10 - Incisive Run
P11 - Long Ranger
S06 - Outside Curve
S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills
S21 - Step On Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Middle Shooting - Side - Outside

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFOS:

Georges Bereta was a winger who had cult status at AS Saint-Étienne. Primarily, he was a left winger but also could play as attacking midfielder or second striker. Not so tall but pretty strong on his feet, he was a pacey winger with great footwork and close control, he was known for his dribbling skills and his hard shots. He helped his defense and was combative during the whole game. He liked to try long range shots which were hard for keepers to handle. He often run down the left flank, dribble out one or two defenders and then cut inside ore sometimes he delivered a decent cross. If his crossing ability had improved, he could have become a world class winger. From time to time he had problems trapping the ball, but overall he was technically gifted player. He scored some great goals from freekicks.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm

General update

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:14 pm

IMO TMW could be in yellow here considering his playstyle: Against Hajduk he was left winger on the paper but on the pitch he also appeared on the right side or collected the balls in midfield and organized the game from there. I also noticed the ball trapping problems but those may have been a result of the muddy pitch during that game. IMO even the best Saint-Etienne forward in the first half of the 70s, too bad that he had to be sold (with him "Les Verts" would have had a bigger chance to win an EC in 1975 and 1976).

Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Quote:
IMO TMW could be in yellow here considering his playstyle: Against Hajduk he was left winger on the paper but on the pitch he also appeared on the right side or collected the balls in midfield and organized the game from there.

I noticed that, not only against Hajduk. But when around opposition penalty box, from what I've seen, he mostly try to score not even looking to assist. That's my reason for lower TMW. But I guess with some boost of 2 points that what you say can be represented well.

Quote:
I also noticed the ball trapping problems but those may have been a result of the muddy pitch during that game.

He did have problems with that from time to time, not only on muddy pitch, but he mostly trapped the ball well, so I think he's ok with TEC 84.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:51 pm

R.I.P La légende stéphanoise

Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]