Long Free Kick: -
Free Kick 2: -
Right Corner: -
Left Corner: -
Penalty: -

INFO:
https://www.iffhs.com/posts/1433
http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/hk-recintlp.html
http://kingoffottballl.blogspot.com/201 ... am-23.html (includes Taiwanese players)

Last edited by Interista93 on Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 22, 2020 8:22 pm

So yeah, dunno if you guys will find it interesting, but while seeking for JLeague matches a while back, I found two channels with lots of full footage for the HK NT, the HK League XI and some league games. There are also some matches of HK teams vs european clubs.

I met a guy who's trying to upload some of those matches to Footballia, but he's struggling to identify all players (Hanzi can be a pain in the ass to translate sometimes, lol).

Fai Li: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4Q2g ... QyLgmTmjLg
eddie yu: https://www.youtube.com/user/eddieyu2005/videos

It could be useful for getting info on Bredbury, Tempest, L. Santos and some others that aren't featured on this page, such as Anto Grabo, Werner Kooistra and Ross Greer. Most of the footage seem to be from mid to late 90s matches.

Spoiler: show
I have watched a bit of those matches, and I took some notes for Bredbury and Tempest.

Bredbury - (SS, CF, AMF, CMF - could be seen roaming freely and playing in midfield). Left footed, but with a very precise right foot. Could use the outside of both feet, probably a 7 WFA and 6 WFF.

He was a regular PK taker, and usually went for mid-close range free kicks to drill the ball low with a blast (FK style 8, FKA and CUR in low greens maybe). TS, ACC on low yellows, SP and LP combo all on high greens, also.

I didn't see much of his shooting, but as much as he seemed to get himself into scoring positions, he wasted lots of chances. He had decent leap and heading. (SA on low greens, ST on high greens. HEA and JUM on high greens too).

Not sure on TW. TEC on high greens and MEN on whites, not really putting on much of a fight on the 2nd half.

Tempest - (CF) Right footed. Not sure on WFA/WFF.

Not very big on dead balls. Solid short passing, probably with the combo on low greens. No idea about his LPA/LPS.

His heading and leap was good, probably on low yellows. SA on high greens, ST on low greens. Curling on low whites (60s).

At least while playing for HK, he was keen on seeking his teammates for passes, but he wasn't always aware of their positioning, sometimes struggling on timing his attempts to reach them. Overall, I'm not sure on his TEC, TW and MEN.

PS: The team in the pic is actually South China AA, probably taken b4 they faced São Paulo in 94. You can see Anto Grabo (n°20) and Werner Huistra (GK with the pink/yellow shirt in the centre) before they played for the HK NT (I think). Most brazilian newspapers ended up mistaking them for the HK NT.

Last edited by Trivelocco on Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

Hey Trivelocco, thanks a lot for this reply! I must say that I found quite a good amount of info regarding the players I chose for this team, although all of them by looking for players one by one. Of course most pages were in Chinese and the translation via Google wasn't always perfect. Anyway, you mentioned that the picture I used for the squad, which is from the 1990s, isn't Hong Kong. Now I notice that there's a likely African guy and I don't recall Hong Kong national team having any black players back then. I'll update the squad picture.

Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]