It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 France All Stars 

Team created by a collaborative effort of 27DONI72, Milos, StuartBannigan and gurkenjoe93

FRANCE ALL STARS

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Winners (2): 1998, 2018
Runners-up (2): 2006, 2022
Third place (2): 1958, 1986
Fourth place (1): 1982

UEFA European Championship

Winners (2): 1984, 2000
Runners-up (1): 2016
Fourth place (1): 1960
Semi-Final (1): 1996

UEFA Nations League

Winners(1): 2021

FIFA Confederations Cup

Winners (2): 2001, 2003

COACH: Michel HIDALGO

The best ever French players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

Joël BATS
Fabien BARTHEZ

DEFENDERS:

Robert JONQUET
Marius TRÉSOR
Maxime BOSSIS
Manuel AMOROS
Laurent BLANC
Marcel DESAILLY
Bixente LIZARAZU
Lilian THURAM

MIDFIELDERS:

Alain GIRESSE
Michel PLATINI
Jean TIGANA
Luis FERNÁNDEZ
Didier DESCHAMPS
Zinédine ZIDANE
Patrick VIEIRA

FORWARDS:

Raymond KOPA
Just FONTAINE
Dominique ROCHETEAU
Thierry HENRY
Antoine GRIEZMANN
Kylian MBAPPÉ

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

Julien DARUI
George CARNUS
● Hugo LLORIS

DEFENDERS:

Étienne MATTLER
Roger MARCHE
Raymond KAELBEL
André LEROND
Jean DJORKAEFF
Bernard BOSQUIER
Christian LOPEZ
Gérard JANVION
Patrick BATTISTON
Raphaël VARANE

MIDFIELDERS:

Edmond DELFOUR
Oscar HEISSERER
Armand PENVERNE
Jean-Jacques MARCEL
Henri MICHEL
Emmanuel PETIT
Youri DJORKAEFF
Claude MAKÉLÉLÉ
Robert PIRÈS
Paul POGBA

FORWARDS:

Émile VEINANTE
Jean NICOLAS
Alfred ASTON
Jean BARATTE
Roger PIANTONI
Jean VINCENT
Didier SIX
Jean-Pierre PAPIN
David TRÉZÉGUET
Olivier GIROUD

THE BEST EVER XI

GK BATS
SWP BLANC
CB DESAILLY
RB THURAM
LB AMOROS
DMF DESCHAMPS
CMF TIGANA
AMF KOPA
AMF PLATINI ©
AMF ZIDANE
CF MBAPPÉ

Captain: Michel Platini | Didier Deschamps | Zinédine Zidane
Short Free Kick: Michel Platini | Zinédine Zidane | Manuel Amoros
Long Free Kick: Michel Platini | Zinédine Zidane | Raymond Kopa
Left Corner: Zinédine Zidane | Raymond Kopa
Right Corner: Zinédine Zidane | Raymond Kopa
Penalty: Kylian Mbappé | Michel Platini | Zinédine Zidane

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:29 pm

27DONI72 wrote:
I'm not sure Lloris is better than Bats or Barthez. IMHO he is just an average GK.

I agree with this.

Neuer is 1000000 better and he is not in Germany AS NT.
(I know Germany had far better Gks in his history than France)

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 pm

And about the new generation?

Sat May 02, 2020 10:45 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
And about the new generation?

I think it's too soon to include someone other than Lloris since he has completed more than 100 caps.. I'm pretty sure in the future they will be included but for the moment I think the team it's ok..

Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 am

Completely updated this team:

Marche > Jonquet
Djorkaeff > Vincent
Piantoni > Griezmann
Cleaned up the reserves

Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Completely updated this team:

Marche > Jonquet
Djorkaeff > Vincent
Piantoni > Griezmann
Cleaned up the reserves

isn't Griezmann a bit overrated choice?

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:57 pm

FanisJK7 wrote:

He was arguably the best player of one of only 2 French teams to win the World Cup. I don't think modern players should be held to higher standards than older players; I doubt you'd ask that question about Djorkaeff and Piantoni who were previously in the team, and Griezmann has been more important in France's success than they were.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:06 pm

No, he isn't, Griezmann have reached a perfomance peak that perhaps only 6-7 offensive players of France have reached (Zizou, Titi, Platoche, Justo, Napoleon, Canto, JPP and maybe Cobra and Franck Ribéry, this last player unfortunately had a debatible mediocre career in Lé Équipe outside the 2006 WC)

I personally think he shouldn't be here just because he's still on his (late) 20's and he's still playing, but look what all the relevant offensive players did with the NT of France had through its history, he has undoubtedly earned his place.

In the next couple of years, it should be debatable whether N'Golo Kanté must be named here either as a reserve or as a full member here.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:18 pm

El Capo wrote:
No, he isn't, Griezmann have reached a perfomance peak that perhaps only 6-7 offensive players of France have reached (Zizou, Titi, Platoche, Justo, Napoleon, Canto, JPP and maybe Cobra and Franck Ribéry, this last player unfortunately had a debatible mediocre career in Lé Équipe outside the 2006 WC)

I personally think he shouldn't be here just because he's still on his (late) 20's and he's still playing, but look what all the relevant offensive players did with the NT of France had through its history, he has undoubtedly earned his place.

In the next couple of years, it should be debatable whether N'Golo Kanté must be named here either as a reserve or as a full member here.

That's why I objected to his 23-man squad entrance. In general Griezmann has been having a pretty good national stint but I believe it's too early to include him. I won't doubt his achievements and he might be already better than some of his predecessors as Stuart said but I think for the moment he can't beat classic likes of Cantona, Trezeguet or Papin.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
FanisJK7 wrote:

He was arguably the best player of one of only 2 French teams to win the World Cup. I don't think modern players should be held to higher standards than older players; I doubt you'd ask that question about Djorkaeff and Piantoni who were previously in the team, and Griezmann has been more important in France's success than they were.

If we had to declare a leader that would be him probably but France operated perfectly at both offence and defence. Mbappe and Kante had a major impact as well. Another factor was that France had the most physical team. I don't believe they won it prior to a technical or tactical masterclass nor the leadership of Griezmann. And by no means I would include to an all-star team a player whose national career began 5 years ago. We should evaluate his entrance in the future.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 pm

Cantona and Papin didn't do anything relevant for France, all they did was bottled the 1992 Euro when they floored their way in during the qualifiers and failed to appear in 2 World Cups in their prime + France contained a nice pool of players considering that Ligue 1 was having one of their best eras which is even more tragic if you ask me (Needless to say that Cantona couldn't shut his mouth up which led him to avoidable suspensions, but I guess that's part of his legacy lol)

Treze, besides scoring the winner against Italy in the 2000 EC, was largely the bench of Henry, that's like adding Lebœuf in the main squad I guess.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:32 am

El Capo wrote:
Cantona and Papin didn't do anything relevant for France, all they did was bottled the 1992 Euro when they floored their way in during the qualifiers and failed to appear in 2 World Cups in their prime + France contained a nice pool of players considering that Ligue 1 was having one of their best eras which is even more tragic if you ask me (Needless to say that Cantona couldn't shut his mouth up which led him to avoidable suspensions, but I guess that's part of his legacy lol)

Treze, besides scoring the winner against Italy in the 2000 EC, was largely the bench of Henry, that's like adding Lebœuf in the main squad I guess.

Yep all the facts are totally understood. I just wasn't sure that only national performance counts. Also I'm kinda prejudiced with Antoine because of the hype sometimes media attach to him, not to forget the fact Antoine himself released a documentary declaring him as a legend(totally unnecessary). Imo he is a great all-arounder in terms of abilities and a great tool for any coach but does not possess something world class to say. And I was kinda disappointed watching him recently at Barca. Eventually I can do nothing but compromise, since not only you but other sites as well select him to the final squad.

Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:53 pm

Doesn't Mbappe already deserve to be among the 23? He played very well in the 2018 cup, although he was not the main player, and in 2022 he had an epic cup, being top scorer and scoring three goals in the final. Maybe he can replace Vincent or Rocheteau

Fri May 05, 2023 10:18 am

Surely instead Henry who was a big flop in big WC games

Fri May 05, 2023 2:52 pm

GamingPass wrote:
Surely instead Henry who was a big flop in big WC games

Are you really suggesting to replace Henry, one of the greatest players in France history and the NT top scorer until November 2022?

Fri May 05, 2023 2:58 pm

Henry being a great french player ≠ Henry being a great France NT player. :mrgreen:

Otherwise Benzema should be up there in first 23 too, but he's isn't.

Fri May 05, 2023 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3