It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Graham LEGGAT 1955-1961 

Name: Graham Leggat

Club: Aberdeen F.C. (1953-1958), Fulham F.C. (1958-1966)
Position: *WF
Side: RF/BS (mainly right side)

Height: 170 cm
Weight: 64 kg

Attack: 83
Defence: 35
Balance: 75
Stamina: 83
Top Speed: 88
Acceleration: 89
Response: 80
Agility: 87
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 77
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 80
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 85
Free Kick Accuracy: 63
Curling: 70
Header: 73
Jump: 78
Technique: 83
Aggression: 87
Mentality: 83
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 78

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 5 (Aberdeen) - 6 (Fulham)
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
P05 - Mazing Run
P09 - Incisive Run
S04 - Speed Merchant
S05 - Shoulder Feint Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Scoring - Middle Shooting - Side

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Leggat was a winger, mostly on the right. Both Aberdeen's and Fulham's legend, he made 109 and 280 appearances respectively, scoring 64 goals for the Scottish team from 1953 and 1958 and 134 for the English team from 1958 to 1966. He played also for Birmingham City, Rotherham United and Toronto Metros, retiring in 1971. He capped for Scotland 18 times, scoring 8 goals.
Considered the best Scottish right-winger at the end of the 1950s, Leggat wasn't a typical winger who played only on the flank as he often moved to a central position, shooting from outside the box or making a late run inside of it, proving himself equally dangerous from different spots. In fact, he had the dribbling skill of a winger and the predatory instinct of a natural centre forward. He was skillful, brave, prolific, dashing and gifted with determination. He was an extremely quick player who could score and make his teammates score. It's worthy mentioning that he scored eight hat tricks, one of them being the fastest in the English top division's history as he scored three goals in three minutes in the famous 10-1 win against Ipswich Town in 1963 (the record was then beaten only in 2014-15). Leggat had great mind, physical agility and a knack to improvise in order to outsmart his opponent. Moreover, many observers used to say that he didn't have any particular weakness. Despite suffering some injuries, he managed to recover in time for the 1958 FIFA World Cup thanks to his natural athleticism and the knowledge acquired in physical education.

Last edited by Interista93 on Sun May 21, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Set reworked.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Quote:
Despite playing on the flank, he not rarely acted in a central position, shooting from outside or going inside the box, being equally dangerous from those positions: he had the dribbling skills of a winger as well as the predatory instincts of a natural centre forward.

Shouldn't AGG and RES be higher here? Maybe even ATT too. His scoring record is fantastic for a winger. If he was scoring the types of instinctive goals you'd expect a CF to score his RES should be mid 80s, not in green. But then I don't really know too much about him.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:33 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Shouldn't AGG and RES be higher here? Maybe even ATT too. His scoring record is fantastic for a winger. If he was scoring the types of instinctive goals you'd expect a CF to score his RES should be mid 80s, not in green. But then I don't really know too much about him.

He could do basically everything: run down the flank and cross, going outside the penalty area and shoot from the distance or wait inside the box to score with the head if needed. I thought about giving him those values but still he's a winger and not from the '20s or '30s so I wasn't sure. I guess I may boost ATT and AGG by two points and rate RES on 84.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:03 am

I honestly don't see a reason why Leggat should be rated above Berni Klodt in attack. Klodt was way more complete player in offensive movements (beeing almost as good in scoring + with even better playmaking abilities). The stuff mentioned here refers to AGG/RES (actually even more to AGG than RES) and not to ATT.
Btw you don't even have to choose Klodt as an example, there's a team mate of Leggat that can be used here as well: Johnny Haynes. Just ask yourself if Leggat should be rated higher than Haynes who was excellent scorer as well + basically orchestrated the whole Fulham attacking movements for years..

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:21 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I honestly don't see a reason why Leggat should be rated above Berni Klodt in attack. Klodt was way more complete player in offensive movements (beeing almost as good in scoring + with even better playmaking abilities). The stuff mentioned here refers to AGG/RES (actually even more to AGG than RES) and not to ATT.
Btw you don't even have to choose Klodt as an example, there's a team mate of Leggat that can be used here as well: Johnny Haynes. Just ask yourself if Leggat should be rated higher than Haynes who was excellent scorer as well + basically orchestrated the whole Fulham attacking movements for years..

If we talk about efficiency at orchestrating the attack, Haynes was definitely better than Leggat and his ATT is only 1 point higher than Leggat in this actual set. Now I'm thinking to increase only AGG by 1 and even decrease ATT by 1. RES may actually stay the same since Haynes is only 2 points higher in that aspect.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:28 am

Well consider that Stanley Matthews has 88 in AGG and he was a pretty traditional winger whose main job was crossing. If he was getting right in front of the goal to score then I'd even go up near orange values, considering similar players are well up there (Hamrin, Jairzinho and Rahn on 93, Garrincha and Julinho even on 95). RES can be something like 81 or 82, most wingers in the database don't go higher than that, even Hamrin who was fantastic in the box only has 86. Actually ATT doesn't need to be increased here really if AGG and RES are increased, seems like he was more of a Fulham-specific legend rather than an international class winger.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:32 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
Well consider that Stanley Matthews has 88 in AGG and he was a pretty traditional winger whose main job was crossing. If he was getting right in front of the goal to score then I'd even go up near orange values, considering similar players are well up there (Hamrin, Jairzinho and Rahn on 93, Garrincha and Julinho even on 95). RES can be something like 81 or 82, most wingers in the database don't go higher than that, even Hamrin who was fantastic in the box only has 86. Actually ATT doesn't need to be increased here really if AGG and RES are increased, seems like he was more of a Fulham-specific legend rather than an international class winger.

I saw him going inside the box when he had the occasion but it looks like goals from the edge of the penalty area were more common. I don't know how often he actually went inside the box and that's why I didn't want to go too high with AGG. My actual thoughts are ATT 83, RES 80 and AGG 87 but I'll wait a reply from gurkenjoe93 as well.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:37 am

Interista93 wrote:
StuartBannigan wrote:

I saw him going inside the box when he had the occasion but it looks like goals from the edge of the penalty area were more common. I don't know how often he actually went inside the box and that's why I didn't want to go too high with AGG. My actual thoughts are ATT 83, RES 80 and AGG 87 but I'll wait a reply from gurkenjoe93 as well.

Seems fine to me, make the changes.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]