It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 All Stars Teams & Era teams request 

pesman wrote:
Ok guys (girls???) post here your requests for classic teams, not anymore in classic section threads....

Also don't request 100 teams from once.

Well, as Pesman posted the Players request, I'll post this topic for the same but with teams

INDEX

Era Teams
Europe 00's | Done
Deportivo La Coruña 1999-2004 "El Eurodepor" | Done
Algeria 1982-1986 | In Progress
Queen's Park Rangers 1975-1976 | Done

All Stars
El Clásico All Stars | Done
Venezuela All-Stars | Done
Russia All Stars | Done
Football League/English Top League All Stars | Done
Arminia Bielefeld All Stars | Done
Sevilla FC All Stars | Done

Brasileirão All Stars | In progress
Argentinian Primera División All Stars | In progress
Primeira Liga All-Stars | In Progress
FIFA World Cup All-Stars | In Progress

Last edited by Cristiano_Naniano on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:17 pm

No Serb would ever, ever play for Kosovo NT. Just sayin'. Durkovic, Soskic and Stojanovic would be greatly displeased if they saw that. :)

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:21 am

Meazza84 wrote:
No Serb would ever, ever play for Kosovo NT. Just sayin'. Durkovic, Soskic and Stojanovic would be greatly displeased if they saw that. :)

Well I thought I didn't have to write it but it seems I have to do it: no political discussions on this forum please.
I understand and respect that some of our users have different opinion on this topic but please don't discuss that here or in a future Kosovo AS topic. Thanks!

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:12 pm

I don't have any intention to talk about politics, not at all. I just wanted to help in creating a realistic all-time team, that's all.

You know that there are issues about players who played for countries that don't exist nowadays or played for multiple countries historically or played for national teams that do exist now, but were actually born in a country that is now independent but that didn't have a national team back then. Well, those issues deserve a discussion because we must have some criteria, or shouldn't we?

What I'm saying is - using only one parameter to decide which all star team a player should play in, for example place of birth, can lead to problems and is not always applicable. So for example - there are no East German players in the All Time Germany team, but they could be there because they were born in what today is unified Germany. Why didn't you put them there? Because we know the situation and we want to be as realistic as possible.

Another issue - how can one player be in in two contemporary FIFA members all star teams? I don't think we have such players in the database, do we? So if Durkovic and Soskic play for Kosovo, they must be taken out of Serbian NT, right?

And what I'm telling you is - that's not realistic because they are eligible for the national team of Serbia as well. So the only criteria we can use to make a decision is where the players would actually play if they were able to choose, because that's how it is in real life: players can and do choose between national teams if they have two or more citizenships, which all Kosovo Serbs do. Those are FIFA rules, not mine. And being from this part of the world and knowing how things work I'm just telling you how it would be like with a great degree of certainty.

Now, don't get me wrong. If you don't care about it, I care even less. It's your call.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:13 pm

What if both Kosovo and Serbia existed back in the days? Who knows which country the would have played for? By the way if you look at Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and so on, they have the same problem. At first I used to add only players who played for that national team and not teams that don't exist anymore. However such teams would be too weak. So if possible, old players who were born in a country which was part of a union of states, can be added in that country. Then, it's up to the user to decide in which country add those specific players.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Quote:
By the way if you look at Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and so on, they have the same problem.

Not quite the same problem though. (I would say not nearly the same, but I said I wasn't going to talk about politics and I'm not going to.)

But first tell me, why aren't there any East German players in the Germany all star team, not even in the reserves? Some of them were good, like really, really good. After all, they were born in Germany and they were German, right?

So in that case the argument of the place of birth was not enough to convince anybody who knows anything about the matter.

And please tell me - are there any players who are part of two different contemporary FIFA national all star teams on this forum? Will you remove Durkovic and others from Serbian NT if you put them in Kosovo NT?

Quote:
What if both Kosovo and Serbia existed back in the days? Who knows which country the would have played for?

Why thinking about such fantasy scenarios when we can apply today's FIFA rules?

But since you're asking (in case your question wasn't rhetorical) - if the FIFA rules and the situation had been the same as today they would have played for Serbia most certainly.

This is my opinion - we shouldn't follow one single rule blindly, just like we didn't in the case of German national team. We should make informed and best decisions possible for each independent case. Don't you agree?

Believe me - I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything and I'm not in the least passionate about this matter. It's absolutely up to you, since you will create the team. I'm just writing all this in case you wanted to make it realistic.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Because Germany already has enough great players to be a great all star team so East Germany players are not really necessary to make the team look better. On the other hand, when there's the possibility to add such players to teams like Kosovo, then this should be done to avoid those teams to look so weak and poor of great and/or important players that they couldn't even be called All Star teams.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:07 pm

OK, look at this fact then: Durkovic and Soskic were only born in Kosovo, they never even played for a club situated in Kosovo and they spent all of their playing career in Serbia until they went to play abroad. They didn't even grow up in Kosovo. Durkovic spent his childhood in Krusevac and Soskic grew up in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. The same goes for Stojanovic, whose youth club was in central Serbia. Who knows if they would even remember anything about Kosovo. By the way, this applies to Jusufi as well. He moved to Belgrade as a boy with his family, learned to play football there, played for Partizan Belgrade most of his career and he lived, died and was buried in Belgrade two months ago. It's really difficult to make a case for him being part of Kosovo NT.

For example, if you look at Anatoliy Banishevskiy - he spent all his career in Azerbaijan and he should deservedly be in Azerbaijan all stars. For Kosovo you should include players like Fadil Vokrri (excellent player btw) who at least grew up in Kosovo and played in a Kosovan club. Xhevat Prekazi, a phenomenal player, also grew up there and his youth career includes a Kosovan club "Trepca".

You should take these important facts into account too: playing career and life. Focusing on one single piece of information such as place of birth, which is of far lesser importance compared to career and biography, is just wrong in my opinion. You shouldn't make all star teams stronger artificially using unrealistic criteria. Not all all star teams are strong, after all, many are pretty weak.

Last edited by Meazza84 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:47 am

The least controversial and easiest solution would probably be to have a “Kosovar All Stars” in the Other Teams section with everybody of Kosovan ethnicity in the team (like Guadeloupe All Stars) and then have a Kosovo All Stars with only guys that played for the Kosovo national team in the National Teams section.

Also: another suggestion in the same vein: Catalan All Stars and Basque All Stars

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:00 pm

My answers about Kosovo have been given after having read just a few things. Of course when I'll make the AS team I will read more infos and decide what to do and who add. Meazza, if you say there are good past players who can replace others like Jusufi, Šoskić and so on, then I might decide to follow Stuart's idea which isn't bad at all in my opinion. And of course many AS teams are pretty weak like India but there are players from that country who had been part of the history of Asian football especially in the 1950s.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Stuart idea is not optimal since it would exclude some really good players from Kosovo NT. IMO, Vokrri must be there, he was even the president of their football federation and he played for Pristina for a long time. He is the symbol of their football, they named the stadium after him and yet he didn't play for Kosovo NT since at the time there was no such thing. But it's still better than your original idea.

No, there are no players who can replace the likes of Durkovic and Soskic, who were world class players, but believe me - including them in the Kosovo team would be really unrealistic. I'm willing to help you on this if you want my help.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Meazza84 wrote:
Stuart idea is not optimal since it would exclude some really good players from Kosovo NT. IMO, Vokrri must be there, he was even the president of their football federation and he played for Pristina for a long time. He is the symbol of their football, they named the stadium after him and yet he didn't play for Kosovo NT since at the time there was no such thing. But it's still better than your original idea.

No, there are no players who can replace the likes of Durkovic and Soskic, who were world class players, but believe me - including them in the Kosovo team would be really unrealistic. I'm willing to help you on this if you want my help.

Of course no one can really replace them but if they shouldn't be in a Kosovo NT then someone else needs to be there in their place. That's what I'm saying. By the way after I do the team I might send you a PM so you can tell me your thoughts.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:25 pm

No problem.

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:41 pm

FC Bayern Youth Academy AS

gurkeeeee!!! :mrgreen:

EDIT

Celtic Youth Academy AS

Stuaaaart!!! :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:23 pm

El Capo wrote:
Celtic Youth Academy AS

Stuaaaart!!! :mrgreen:

Should be easy, could probably have it done in the next hour or so ;)

Edit: actually, do you want the academy players who've had the best careers at Celtic, or just the best players to play for Celtic's academy? For example, Shay Given came through Celtic's academy but never played for the first team...

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Yes, all the great players who were first developed at any stage of their youth academy.

In practice, the players who were developed and lived their best moment in Celtic should get a privilege, but it's up to the creator anyway.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next