:ENG: Harry KANE
:ARG: Gonzalo HIGUAÍN
:CHI: Alexis SÁNCHEZ
:URU: Edinson CAVANI
:NET: Robin VAN PERSIE
:SPA: Diego COSTA
:FRA: Antoine GRIEZMANN
:CRO: Mario MANDŽUKIĆ

Last edited by StuartBannigan on Sat May 18, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 18, 2019 2:21 am

Please go ahead and suggest which further French players should be added to the first team. Griezmann is the only one who has a case, but then what has he won apart from a World Cup? Only a Europa League title because he was too shit to score against Qarabag in the actually important competitions...

France were downright average in 2014, and a joke before that. They've only been actually good since 2016, even there they absolutely bottled it against a Ronaldo-less Portugal. Wow, they managed to beat Albania, Romania, Ireland, Iceland and an average Germany team. Don't know why you're even bringing up 2020, which is a completely different decade.

Spain won two international competitions and Spanish teams absolutely dominated club football, 6 CL wins and 6 EL wins, that should be represented in this team. Again, Barcelona and Real Madrid were by far the best two teams this decade, and that should be represented. Those Barca and Madrid players are only there because they've been the best players in their positions across this decade. Funny how you're calling me a biased fanboy, despite me having absolutely zero reason to biased as a Celtic fan, while you're the one suggesting I replace players with Bayern and Germany players, coincidentally the teams you support! :lol:

Realistically, nobody is going to agree on everything. I could just as easily call you an idiot for your opinion as you could me, it's all subjective, nobody's opinion is ore important than anyone else's, we've all been watching the same football these last 10 years. Go ahead and actually make some suggestions and argue it like an adult, instead of acting like a baby because I didn't include all your favourite players.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:55 pm

I think Radamel Falcao deserves to be named more than Diego Costa.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Who can be the "manager" here?
Guardiola? Löw? Zidane? Klopp? Heynckes? del Bosque?

Wed May 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Guardiola would be my choice, I generally don't bother putting coaches in teams though.

Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 pm

ImageImageImage

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:11 am

Well Suárez and Lewandowski were simply both better than Zlatan this decade. They both dominated way better leagues than Ligue 1, and especially had several decisive performances in the Champions League, something that Zlatan has never done, unless you want to count 4 goals against Anderlecht in the group stages as equal to 4 goals against Real Madrid in the semi final. Zlatan was simply less relevant to world football in the 2010s compared to them, and even more so compared to Robben who’d be the one being kicked out the team.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:27 am

I think Bale must be in the team instead of Ibra.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am

Meazza84 wrote:

I like Bale a lot but he hasn’t been consistent enough to be in the first team, if he had less injury problems I’m sure he’d be up there but Zlatan was at least consistently one of the best strikers in the world for like 6 years in the 2010s.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:40 pm

El Capo wrote:
I know that it'll look less "visually appealing", but imo you should simply remove the flags and bold the players name in order to have all the players that deserve to be named. :mrgreen:

I'll bump this just for the sake of it. :lol:

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:55 pm

El Capo wrote:
El Capo wrote:
I know that it'll look less "visually appealing", but imo you should simply remove the flags and bold the players name in order to have all the players that deserve to be named. :mrgreen:

I'll bump this just for the sake of it. :lol:

To be honest I’d rather the post looked nice than just added loads of players for the sake of it ;) Some guys are always gonna miss out on these sorts of teams. The only players I’m really that bothered about missing out are Kanté and Falcao, maybe Gabi or Koke, everyone else is expendable really.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:04 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Meazza84 wrote:

I like Bale a lot but he hasn’t been consistent enough to be in the first team, if he had less injury problems I’m sure he’d be up there but Zlatan was at least consistently one of the best strikers in the world for like 6 years in the 2010s.

Yes, Bale was often injured and not always favored by his coach, but what did Zlatan do for his NT and in Champions League? Bale was immensely influential in international football, he took Wales to the Euro semi-finals and he decided two CL finals, feats Zlatan could only dream of.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 am

GK NEUER
CB SERGIO RAMOS
CB CHIELLINI
RB DANI ALVES
LB MARCELO
CMF KROOS
CMF MODRIC
CMF INIESTA
RWF MESSI
LWF C. RONALDO
CF L. SUAREZ

Tried in general to form a balanced XI based on the most successful ones of the decade (Spain/Germany/Barcelona/Real Madrid).
Went for Alves mostly because of personal sympathy and because he reached a greater peak imo than Lahm.
Didn't go for a genuine holding midfielder because I wanted the team to be more aggressive. Also this trio could operate well defensively. If not, I can agree for Busquets and I would also consider Mascherano. Kroos will be found controversial. Chose him over Xavi, Schweinsteiger and maybe Pirlo because the last three retired from the highest level around 2015. Kroos displayed great consistency throughout the decade. The same about Modric. However, if it was to knock one of them out that would be Kroos.
Suarez definitely deserves his place into the starting eleven. Great teamplayer, tough to beat and a great innate ability to score with many ways. Robben was simply stunning but I prefer to say he stood unlucky being overshadowed by Messi or CR.

Last edited by FanisJK7 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:56 am

FanisJK7 wrote:
Went for Alves mostly because of personal sympathy and because he reached a greater peak imo than Lahm.

That's one of the dumbest and most laughable "suggestions" I've ever read on this forum :lol:
Alves wasn't even close to Lahm, how is it even possible to compare one of the all time greatest RB in the history of the game (who had basically no weakness and kept his level consistently until the last day of his career) with a guy who was great when going forward but totally shit in terms of anything in defence?

FanisJK7 wrote:
Suarez definitely deserves his place into the starting eleven. Great teamplayer, tough to beat and a great innate ability to score with many ways. Robben was simply stunning but I prefer to say he stood unlucky being overshadowed by Messi or CR.

What is this argument supposed to mean? :lol: :lol:
How exactly was Robben overshadowed by CR and Messi but not Suarez who actually played in the same league and team as those two? :lol:
The only CF who could replace Robben here is Lewandowski who is the only player except from Messi and Ronaldo to score 40+ goals in five consecutive seasons since 2000 and who is easily the best and most consistent CF of that generation.
And it's not just Lewy: Robben also was better player than Suarez, in terms of willpower and professionalism he easily was on Ronaldo's level otherwise he wouldn't have come back after so many injuries to reach his class again. He never let Bayern or his NT down and always gave everything he could while other players ended up biting defenders and racially abusing their opponents.
But now back to the shadow, you bald-headed wizard from Groningen! :lol:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:24 am

Yeah this team doesn’t need any changes IMO. Actually I rate Alves as one of the best RBs ever in his prime but Lahm is also one of the best RBs ever and is pretty much indisputable here for his success at both club and international level, both as captain. Robben was also consistently a game changer at both club and international level, especially in international tournaments and in the CL final which is what will be remembered after all.

Busquets was the best DM in the world from like 2010-2018 and Xavi defines the 2010s and was the dominant figure in the most successful international team of the decade, that’s why they’re in the starting XI. Xavi may have been on the way down less than halfway though the decade but he is IMO the best midfielder of the 21st century.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:00 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
FanisJK7 wrote:

That's one of the dumbest and most laughable "suggestions" I've ever read on this forum :lol:
Alves wasn't even close to Lahm, how is it even possible to compare one of the all time greatest RB in the history of the game (who had basically no weakness and kept his level consistently until the last day of his career) with a guy who was great when going forward but totally shit in terms of anything in defence?

FanisJK7 wrote:

What is this argument supposed to mean? :lol: :lol:
How exactly was Robben overshadowed by CR and Messi but not Suarez who actually played in the same league and team as those two? :lol:
The only CF who could replace Robben here is Lewandowski who is the only player except from Messi and Ronaldo to score 40+ goals in five consecutive seasons since 2000 and who is easily the best and most consistent CF of that generation.
And it's not just Lewy: Robben also was better player than Suarez, in terms of willpower and professionalism he easily was on Ronaldo's level otherwise he wouldn't have come back after so many injuries to reach his class again. He never let Bayern or his NT down and always gave everything he could while other players ended up biting defenders and racially abusing their opponents.
But now back to the shadow, you bald-headed wizard from Groningen! :lol:

I'm far from underrating Lahm. Dani was just more spectacular. Also I chose him because he played all the decade long and because he matches better in my team with Messi on the right wing. Lahm is ranked higher at all-time comparisons. Just a personal choice here. You didn't need to take it too seriously.

Last sentence was quite funny actually :lol:
Well, this decade saw a lot of great strikers so it's disrespectful not to include any of them. I guess you don't think Messi or Cristiano is worse than Robben. I'm huge fan of him but he is unlucky concerning this topic. Period.
I won't tell for sure who has better skills or is more consistent between Luis and Robert. But Luis almost won a league title with Liverpool not to mention his overall stunning stint. And with Barca he kept on being effective and contributed much to domestic and european success. Luis played in two more competitive leagues with the same results. Bayern enjoyed less competition than Barca. That's for sure. Last but not least, Luis amongst others brought Uruguay back to the foreground. Of course Lewa built a major impact on his national team as well, but Luis adopted two different roles in the squad with similar success and the team reached much more than Poland.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next