CARDS:
P07 - Early Cross
P13 - Goal Poacher
P17 - Track Back
S05 - 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Playmaking - Scoring - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Johnny Dixon was an inside-right. He spent his whole professional career at Aston Villa: 430 matches and 144 goals from 1946 to 1961. He's remembered by Aston Villa's supporters not only for his dedication to the team but also for his incredible performance as captain in the 1956-57 FA Cup final, when he assisted McParland with a perfect cross for the winning goal. Considered one of the best in his position at the time, he unfortunately was never called up for England.
Dixon was a hard-working and dynamic attacking player. He was gifted with good speed, class and outstanding ball control but also courage, determination and apparently unlimited energy. He rarely tried difficult things, always preferring to do the simpliest but most effective move. For example he'd rather pass the ball instead of trying a dribbling. He was a very reliable finalizer who scored at least 10 goals in most of his seasons at Aston Villa and even almost 30 in 1951-52. A fighter in the air, he was efficient inside the box, but he also liked to move across the field and play as additional winger. Doing so, he showed his fantastic passing ability or helped in the midfield when needed.

Last edited by Interista93 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 am

What about actually rating players based on full games and not just on texts/YT compilations?
Seriously, all those overrated English players sets should be deleted ASAP, I don't get the sense of posting 100000000000 sets a week instead of actually posting one accurate set :roll:

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Believe me or not but I actually watched full games. The videos from YouTube are the last thing I watch and I obviously post them here. The only available match of Dixon was the FA Cup final against Manchester United and I watched it. The same goes for the Arsenal players. I watched full matches from the years correspondent to the eras I chose for the sets. You might say that I made mistakes, I would accept it. You might say that something has to be corrected and then give me suggestions. However that's how I considered those players after not only reading many infos but also watching matches. As I already said, believe it or not but if I have to spend hours watching matches just for you or anyone else to tell me that I don't do it and the sets must be canceled is frustrating. That said: if you want, for the next player I make I will take note of every important moment of the matches I'll watch and send them to you in a PM so you'll know how I rate players.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Updated.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]