Consistency: 7
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:
P17 - Chasing Back
S02 - Passer

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribbling - Playmaking - Passing

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Born in Copenhagen in 1920, Knud Lundberg is regarded as one of Denmarks greatest ever sportsmen. Besides playing around 39 caps for the national football team, he also represented Denmark in Handball and Basketball, once even representing all of them on the same day.

Lundberg was a high and slow paced center forward. But what he lacked off in pace he made up for in his technical abilities and his eye for the game.

Knud Lundberg studied medicine, but ended up working as a sport journalist beside the sport. Lundberg played 21 years in AB and won 5 Danish championships with them. On a national level he represented Denmark 39 times and scored 10 times. He represented Denmark twice at the Olympics, the most succesful one being in 1948 where he captained the bronze-game. After getting the medal he gave it to his team mate Karl Aage Hansen who hadn't played the game. After the 1948 Olympics he got a lot of professional contract offers from English clubs, but declined them all because he didn't wanted to be forced to train.

Last edited by fceastfunen on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 am

Nice attempt!

I'd reduce Condition around 3 or even 2 and STA below 70 since as it's written in the info that he declined professional offers cause he was a lazy fuck like me :mrgreen:

And for gameplay purposes, i'd push TS and ACC to 64 and and 60.

Also, can you explain DEF?

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:07 am

El Capo wrote:
Nice attempt!

I'd reduce Condition around 3 or even 2 and STA below 70 since as it's written in the info that he declined professional offers cause he was a lazy fuck like me :mrgreen:

And for gameplay purposes, i'd push TS and ACC to 64 and and 60.

Also, can you explain DEF?

Thank you and thanks for the advice!

It wasn't because he was lazy, he just didn't want to train football everyday. He loved sport and trained biking, handball, basketball and cricket, when he didn't train football.

He might have been a center forward, but he was not shy to run down and help the defence (He was always a team player first, and extremly unselfish). But it should probably be a little lower.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:59 am

Yeah, i'd add Chasing Back among cards by your description.

I also now that i'm looking at the set, maybe *Dribbling seems unnecessary, if he couldn't run, he surely wasn't a "runner'' with the ball too.

In case of making any change here, please wrote it down in order to see what specifically was changed, thanks.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:47 am

Isn't a bit longer the era?
I mean I doubt he plays the same when he was 23 or 32...

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:15 am

El Capo wrote:
Yeah, i'd add Chasing Back among cards by your description.

I also now that i'm looking at the set, maybe *Dribbling seems unnecessary, if he couldn't run, he surely wasn't a "runner'' with the ball too.

In case of making any change here, please wrote it down in order to see what specifically was changed, thanks.

I Can't remember what I changed it from, but I've changed them you asked for :oops:

Got it:

Chasing Back in
Dribbling out

artemds wrote:
Isn't a bit longer the era?
I mean I doubt he plays the same when he was 23 or 32...

I just took from when he won his first Championship until his last. Think I'm gonna change it to his peak years from 1945 to 1949.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:16 am

Also, he may have been slow, but I’m pretty sure those numbers make him the slowest player on this website, goalkeepers included. Even a lumbering giant like Zeljko Kalac has 66/65 TS/ACC. I’d seriously consider pushing him up further just because being that low would make you almost completely useless in practically any outfield position. Remember that these are stats that are supposed to be used in game haha, these stats would make him barely able to move around the pitch. Especially the combination of Chasing Back with white stamina which is like a death sentence, he’d be exhausted by the end of the first half...

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:59 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Is there any reason for such a low BB compared to his height/weight?
Same goes for shooting stats: why are all of them in green? Don't know about his club stats but his NT stats aren't that bad and there should be an explanation why he's rated so low there.
Also STA: I can't imagine that Lundberg (who performed in so many disciplines and was able to support both defence and attack during football matches) was in such a bad shape. Just look at the stats of Baratte and Milburn. Both of them were also known for their defensive work, so he should rather be rated like them (=> green value at least).
And one last thing since it seems to be misunderstood here: In several European countries (Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, etc) all football players were amateurs at that time because their football associations had forbidden professionalism. This means, they weren't paid for playing football but that surely doesn't mean that they were all unprofessional or lazy players..

Not really, I didn't really know what to put in there since it's my first time trying to make stats, but he should probably be 86 or 87.
SP could get a boost from 78 -> 84 and SA could also get higher from 76 -> 85. His ST wasn't that great of what I have seen from the few clips I've been able to find (National team broadcast wasn't allowed to the late 50's in Denmark, so a lot of the footage that exist today is from outlandish tv stations, and Club footage is even harder to find). I'm willing to give him up to 75 pace, the only reason I haven't given him higher is because he is described as a slow player and the tempo in the game wasn't that high in the 40's (at least not in Denmark) and will rase the stamina to 81 because he seems to need it when he run back and forth (and I can't get out of my head that he played 3 defrend sports on the same day).
I have been able to locate new footage I hadn't seen before and his over all passing stats should probably be higher.
SPS: 78 -> 84
LPA: 84-> 85
LPS: 78 -> 86

StuartBannigan wrote:
Also, he may have been slow, but I’m pretty sure those numbers make him the slowest player on this website, goalkeepers included. Even a lumbering giant like Zeljko Kalac has 66/65 TS/ACC. I’d seriously consider pushing him up further just because being that low would make you almost completely useless in practically any outfield position. Remember that these are stats that are supposed to be used in game haha, these stats would make him barely able to move around the pitch. Especially the combination of Chasing Back with white stamina which is like a death sentence, he’d be exhausted by the end of the first half...

Some of the new footage I found was with him and attacking partner (John Hansen), both seems to start running at the same time... But Hansen's stats show his time in Juventus, so I'm gonna put Lundbergs ACC at about 70

So to sum up:
Balance 75 -> 86
Stamina 74 -> 81
Top Speed 64 -> 75
ACC 60 ->70
SA: 74 -> 84
SP: 78 -> 85

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:20 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

That is not a rule, tevez isn't tall and was pretty strong, S. Gulesin was 2 meters tall and got 79...

If he didn't know what value put is better a green value than an exaggerated yellow one

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Well it looks like that.
Anyway you are too sensitive is better if you don't take it so serious all the time

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Yes he said he didn't know what value assign ... I am not saying lies I am saying how it looks like.
But anyway is not a big deal

Last edited by artemds on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15 pm

fceastfunen wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Same goes for shooting stats: why are all of them in green? Don't know about his club stats but his NT stats aren't that bad and there should be an explanation why he's rated so low there.
Also STA: I can't imagine that Lundberg (who performed in so many disciplines and was able to support both defence and attack during football matches) was in such a bad shape. Just look at the stats of Baratte and Milburn. Both of them were also known for their defensive work, so he should rather be rated like them (=> green value at least).
And one last thing since it seems to be misunderstood here: In several European countries (Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, etc) all football players were amateurs at that time because their football associations had forbidden professionalism. This means, they weren't paid for playing football but that surely doesn't mean that they were all unprofessional or lazy players..

Not really, I didn't really know what to put in there since it's my first time trying to make stats, but he should probably be 86 or 87.
SP could get a boost from 78 -> 84 and SA could also get higher from 76 -> 85. His ST wasn't that great of what I have seen from the few clips I've been able to find (National team broadcast wasn't allowed to the late 50's in Denmark, so a lot of the footage that exist today is from outlandish tv stations, and Club footage is even harder to find). I'm willing to give him up to 75 pace, the only reason I haven't given him higher is because he is described as a slow player and the tempo in the game wasn't that high in the 40's (at least not in Denmark) and will rase the stamina to 81 because he seems to need it when he run back and forth (and I can't get out of my head that he played 3 defrend sports on the same day).
I have been able to locate new footage I hadn't seen before and his over all passing stats should probably be higher.

StuartBannigan wrote:

Some of the new footage I found was with him and attacking partner (John Hansen), both seems to start running at the same time... But Hansen's stats show his time in Juventus, so I'm gonna put Lundbergs ACC at about 70

So to sum up:
Balance 75 -> 86
Stamina 74 -> 81
Top Speed 64 -> 75
ACC 60 ->70
SA: 74 -> 84
SP: 78 -> 85

If you didn't find any info or footage showing his strenght, then gave him 80 (Makes more sense due to his stated complexion) or leave like it is

OK for STA 81, TS 75, ACC 70.

He has a goalscoring ratio of 0.26, as a striker, gave him SA 82 and SP 85 for now.

And i doubt any player pre70's showed middle yellow at SPS/LPS when football was awfully slow back in the day (Remenber those old videos don't usually run at normal speed, some looks inhumanly fast, others quite slow), just give him the 85 in LPA, keep in green the passing stats.

I only have one more question: In all the info you have gathered, he's only described as CF?

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 pm

El Capo wrote:

If you didn't find any info or footage showing his strenght, then gave him 80 (Makes more sense due to his stated complexion) or leave like it is

OK for STA 81, TS 75, ACC 70.

He has a goalscoring ratio of 0.26, as a striker, gave him SA 82 and SP 85 for now.

And i doubt any player pre70's showed middle yellow at SPS/LPS when football was awfully slow back in the day (Remenber those old videos don't usually run at normal speed, some looks inhumanly fast, others quite slow), just give him the 85 in LPA, keep in green the passing stats.

I only have one more question: In all the info you have gathered, he's only described as CF?

Thanks for the advice :)
Balance 75 -> 80
SPS: 84 -> 78
LPS: 86 -> 76
SA: 74 -> 82

Almost all accounts I've found about him he's almost only described as a Forward, and nothing else. So I digged a bit deeper and found an old article from 1943 that described him playing Innerwing for the national team, which is also the same position he had under the 1948 Olympic bronze match (He played instead of a injured Karl Aage Hansen that match). So I would give him SS as primary and CF and AMF as secondary positions.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:48 pm

You can make the update when you can.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:55 pm

El Capo wrote:
You can make the update when you can.

Updated!

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next