It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 World Cup 2018 

Hey guys, as we had the same thread four years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have one for the 2018 WC as well ;)
What teams do you consider as favorites on the cup? Who will be the stars of the tournament?
Russia opened the tournament with a 5:0 against Saudi Arabia. Beautiful goals by Cheryshev, especially the second one ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Lol, Giroud is like an updated version of Guivarc'h. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

I think that single episodes played a role in the match. Perišić for example could have evoid to touch the ball with the hand because behind him there was another defender who could have kick the ball away. Pogba scored a great goal but he had luck with the bounce. However also Mandžukić had luck thanks to that horrible mistake by Lloris! :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:47 pm

artemds wrote:
Benzema instead Giroud and it would be a lot better.

Why would it be better if that retard would have won the WC? Giroud sacrificed himself for the team, working a lot and creating the space for Griezmann and Mbappé. He deserves to win this WC as much as every other player of that team :roll:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:21 pm

France went to Russia to win the WC. They were defensive, they were pragmatic, they knew how to win. With that, plus Mbappé and considerable luck it was more than enough to win their second star. Congratulations to France.

By the way, what a terrible performance by the goalkeepers today.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:28 pm

Yeah, Benzema doesn’t deserve to win the World Cup, his attitude has always been horrible with the national team. Besides, Giroud was on the bench for most of this season, and yet he still managed to score more league goals than Benzema.

I’d much rather have a hard working, humble striker than someone that blackmails his own teammates and hardly ever played well with the team anyway...

Anyway well done to France, I would have liked to see Croatia win but I’m happy that Pogba and Kante could show their ability, two of my favourite players!

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:29 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
artemds wrote:
Benzema instead Giroud and it would be a lot better.

Why would it be better if that retard would have won the WC? Giroud sacrificed himself for the team, working a lot and creating the space for Griezmann and Mbappé. He deserves to win this WC as much as every other player of that team :roll:

Really?
It's looks to me like a very limited player, ok forget Benzema, imagine Lukkaku in France, a post player, hardworking and making goals.

No all players in a WC team play great just look Guivarch at 98.

But anyway everybody had a different opinion.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15