CF AL-JABER

Captain: Saleh al-Naima | Majed Abdullah | Mohamed Abd al-Jawad
Short free kick: Yousuf al-Thunayan | Fahad al-Bishi
Long free kick: Yousuf al-Thunayan | Fahad al-Bishi
Left corner: Yousuf al-Thunayan | Saeed al-Owairan
Right corner: Yousuf al-Thunayan | Saeed al-Owairan
Penalty: Majed Abdullah | Fahad al-Bishi

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:42 pm

It's Mohamed Al-Jawad or Mohamed Abd Al-Jawad, not Abdaljawad.
Al-Jaber's prime position was always CF, not SS. He should be put as CF (instead of Al-Qahtani) among Abdullah IMO while Al-Owairan should be put as central AMF behind them. I'm also not sure if Noor and Khariri really deserve their places in best XI, Al-Bishi and Amin would IMO be better choices there..
Btw, I don't see a reason why this team needs three coaches. Al-Zayani didn't archieve anything with them, there's really no need to have him here.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Al-Jaber's prime position was always CF, not SS. He should be put as CF (instead of Al-Qahtani) among Abdullah IMO while Al-Owairan should be put as central AMF behind them. I'm also not sure if Noor and Khariri really deserve their places in best XI, Al-Bishi and Amin would IMO be better choices there..
Btw, I don't see a reason why this team needs three coaches. Al-Zayani didn't archieve anything with them, there's really no need to have him here.

Wikipedia calls him Abd Al-Jawad and the site NationalFootballTeams Abdaljawad but it's the same player: both are defenders and are 165cm tall.
The site about national teams also says Al-Jaber was primarily SS and Al-Qahtani CF.
Khariri is the most capped midfielder but Noor probably could be replaced by Al-Owairan.
Amin may be in the first team instead of Al-Temyat or Noor?
Al-Zayani led Saudi Arabia to win their first ever AFC Asian Cup. Perreira and Nelo also won the Asian Cup. Maybe I can take them out and put Nelinho who reached the Confederations Cup final in 1992.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

Wikipedia calls him Abd Al-Jawad and the site NationalFootballTeams Abdaljawad but it's the same player: both are defenders and are 165cm tall.
The site about national teams also says Al-Jaber was primarily SS and Al-Qahtani CF.
Khariri is the most capped midfielder but Noor probably could be replaced by Al-Owairan.
Al-Zayani led Saudi Arabia to win their first ever AFC Asian Cup. Perreira and Nelo also won the Asian Cup. Maybe I can take them out and put Nelinho who reached the Confederations Cup final in 1992.

What site are you referring to? I can only recommend to you to watch Saudi Arabia's matches at the World Cups and you'll see that al-Jaber primarily played as CF (and even when he took the role of SS, he didn't act as a central playmaker behind the other forwards). Tbh I don't care if a player has the most caps for his country: Niclas Alexanderson for example was capped 109 times for Sweden but I'm pretty sure that no one would put him in Sweden AS instead of Liedholm.
Saudi Arabia had their peak definitely in the late 1980s and 1990s, after 2000 their performances were only a shadow of their "great times". Their modern players may have more caps but that doesn't change the fact that the greatest players from Saudi Arabia are rather guys like Al-Deayea, Abdullah, Al-Thunayan or Al-Jaber..
But after all it's up to you, I just wanted to give some feedback here..

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Interista93 wrote:

What site are you referring to? I can only recommend to you to watch Saudi Arabia's matches at the World Cups and you'll see that al-Jaber primarily played as CF (and even when he took the role of SS, he didn't act as a central playmaker behind the other forwards). Tbh I don't care if a player has the most caps for his country: Niclas Alexanderson for example was capped 109 times for Sweden but I'm pretty sure that no one would put him in Sweden AS instead of Liedholm.
Saudi Arabia had their peak definitely in the late 1980s and 1990s, after 2000 their performances were only a shadow of their "great times". Their modern players may have more caps but that doesn't change the fact that the greatest players from Saudi Arabia are rather guys like Al-Deayea, Abdullah, Al-Thunayan or Al-Jaber..
But after all it's up to you, I just wanted to give some feedback here..

As I said in other posts I like to receive feedbacks. I don't act like a braggart if it seems so.
I only give my reasons to have put some players instead of others. If I'm wrong it's ok, I don't get upset.
We found a point of agreement and I will correct the team. I have no problems about that. :)

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 pm

I think Zubromawi can replace Al-Jahani in the first team, he played well in both 94 and 98, especially in the famous victory over Belgium, could play at both right back and centre back and also got like 80 more caps too.

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:22 am

Is there any reason why Abdullah Al-Dosari isn't in first team and not even in the reserves? He was long time regular RB of the NT, winning Asian Cup in 1988 and appeared in three other tournaments as well (Asian Cup 1988, King Fahd Cup 1992, WC 1994). Nu'eimeh on the other hand was CB, not RB.
Btw, Stuart's players should be linked here as well..

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:29 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Is there any reason why Abdullah Al-Dosari isn't in first team and not even in the reserves? He was long time regular RB of the NT, winning Asian Cup in 1988 and appeared in three other tournaments as well (Asian Cup 1988, King Fahd Cup 1992, WC 1994). Nu'eimeh on the other hand was CB, not RB.

I know Stuart is working on 1994 Saudi Arabia team so I was thinking to link all those players after he finishes them but I'll link those he already made after you suggest me who has to be replaced with Al-Dosari. There's no real reason why he's not here. I surely missed him. I was thinking to put him instead of a midfielder so there would be him as right-back in the first XI and Nu'eimah as reserve. However I don't know who should be out, maybe Noor or Al-Temyat. What do you think?

Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 am

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

I know Stuart is working on 1994 Saudi Arabia team so I was thinking to link all those players after he finishes them but I'll link those he already made after you suggest me who has to be replaced with Al-Dosari. There's no real reason why he's not here. I surely missed him. I was thinking to put him instead of a midfielder so there would be him as right-back in the first XI and Nu'eimah as reserve. However I don't know who should be out, maybe Noor or Al-Temyat. What do you think?

Certainly not Al-Temyat who's primary AMF backup for Al-Thunayan and Al-Owairan. I would even say that he wasn't less talented than those two but injuries and weaker team mates prevented him from reaching even more in his NT career.
The question is rather: Do we need Al-Montashari in first team? After all he's CB No. 5 (after Madani, Zubromawi, Al-Khilaiwi and Nu'eimah) and LB No. 3 (after Al-Jawad and Abdulghani) so he could be removed to make space for Al-Dosari (then we would have him and Zubromawi for RB position).
Some other suggestions: Fahad Al-Ghesheyan should be in reserves, PK taker should be Al-Jaber.
However I'd like to see Stuart's opinion on this as well, after all he has seen more from those guys than we did ;)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:21 pm

To be honest I haven’t payed much attention to Al-Dosari simply because Zubromawi replaced him in the starting XI halfway through their 1994 campaign, but yeah he could surely replace Al-Montashari. Then for the starting XI here you can put Al-Dosari at RB and replace Al-Khilaiwi with Nu’eimah. I know a lot of people rate Al-Khilaiwi highly compared to other Saudi defenders but I wasn’t too impressed with him compared to Madani to be honest...

Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:17 pm

Salem Al-Dosari can easily replace Al-Ghesheyan in the first team and I'm sure Mohammed Al-Owais can replace Ahmed Eid in the reserves. Some others like Al-Bulaihi, Al-Shahrani and Kanno can enter the reserves too but I'd leave that decision to you (honestly, I'm too lazy to research which players are most removable there). By the way, I'm not really a fan of any starting XI that doesn't include Al-Bishi, a possible solution would be something like this:

Al-Owairan as SS behind the two strikers, Al-Thunayan as AMF (he played this position later in his career, including at the 1998 World Cup) and Al-Bishi as CMF. Captain should be Al-Naima then Abdullah then Al-Jawad. Al-Thunayan on both long and short free kicks and corners with Al-Bishi as second choice on the long ones and Al-Owairan second choice on the corners. Abdullah on the penalties.

Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:16 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
Salem Al-Dosari can easily replace Al-Ghesheyan in the first team and I'm sure Mohammed Al-Owais can replace Ahmed Eid in the reserves.

Wouldn't Gurab or Falatah be a better choice than? There are five CFs in the team atm (Abdullah, Al-Jaber, Falatah, Al-Qahtani, Gurab) while Al-Ghesheyan is the only winger atm and had at least a bit of impact at the 1994 WC. Mohammed Al-Abdali could be chosen for reserves btw.
Edit: Looking forward to see this and those Saudi club teams beeing completed.

Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:11 pm

You’re right, I only thought about trading a winger for a winger. In that case, Gurab can be replaced. Saudi football was mostly irrelevant until the mid 80s. They didn’t even enter World Cup qualifying until 1978.

Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:08 pm

Why not replace Hamza Fallatah with Fahad Al-Mehallal, who has a better record and scored 26 international goals. He also had a clear impact on his country’s achievement of the 1996 Asian Cup, and also contributed to reaching the 1998 World Cup. You also have Talal Al-Meshal, who scored 32 goals. Or Obaid Al-Dosari, who has 41 international goals, contributed to achieving the Arab Cup in 1998 and was the top scorer in the tournament.

Also, replacing Fahad Al-Ghesheyan with Muhaisen Al-Jamaan. Fahad Al-Ghesheyan is a talented and enjoyable player on the field, but his record with the national team does not suffice for him to be placed here on the list. His participations with the national team are few, during which he scored only 4 goals, including his famous goal in World Cup 94 against Sweden. Likewise, he did not achieve anything with the national team and did not have a significant impact. As for Muhaisen Al-Jamaan, he may be less skilled than him, but he has more contributions and more goals.

Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:29 am

Al-Ghesheyan is here because he is a natural right winger, otherwise the options for right wing are Al-Thunayan who is the first choice AMF, and Salem Al-Dosari who usually plays on the left. Al-Jamaan would be yet another left winger in a squad that already has Al-Dosari, Al-Muwallid and Al-Shalhoub.

On the other hand I'm open to replacing Falatah, I don't think he was particularly good. But I'd like to watch more of Al-Mehallel/Al-Meshal/Obeid Al-Dosari before replacing him.

Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next