:ARG: José Manuel MORENO
:URU: Juan Alberto SCHIAFFINO
:BRA: GARRINCHA
:BRA: PELÉ
:BRA: TOSTÃO
:BRA: ROMÁRIO
:ARG: Gabriel BATISTUTA
:BRA: RONALDO

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

:URU: Roque MÁSPOLI
:CHI: Sergio LIVINGSTONE
:BRA: GILMAR
:PAR: José Luis CHILAVERT

DEFENDERS:

:BRA: DOMINGOS DA GUIA
:PER: Guillermo DELGADO
:CHI: Luis EYZAGUIRRE
:BRA: Mauro RAMOS
:ARG: Silvio MARZOLINI
:PER: Julio MELÉNDEZ
:ARG: Roberto PERFUMO
:URU: Atilio ANCHETA
:BRA: Luís PEREIRA
:BRA: EDINHO
:URU: Darío PEREYRA
:ARG: Oscar RUGGERI
:BRA: CAFÚ
:PAR: Carlos GAMARRA
:URU: Paolo MONTERO
:BRA: Roberto CARLOS
:ARG: Roberto AYALA
:ARG: Javier ZANETTI

MIDFIELDERS:

:ARG: Luis MONTI
:ARG: Antonio SASTRE
:URU: Schubert GAMBETTA
:ARG: Néstor ROSSI
:URU: Víctor ANDRADE
:BRA: ZITO
:CHI: Eladio ROJAS
:ARG: Omar SÍVORI
:URU: Luis CUBILLA
:BRA: GÉRSON
:ARG: Ricardo BOCHINI
:BRA: ADEMIR DA GUIA
:URU: Pedro ROCHA
:PER: César CUETO
:COL: Carlos VALDERRAMA
:ARG: Diego SIMEONE
:BRA: RIVALDO
:ARG: Juan Román RIQUELME
:BRA: RONALDINHO

FORWARDS:

:BRA: Arthur FRIEDENREICH
:URU: Pedro PETRONE
:ARG: Bernabé FERREYRA
:PER: Teodoro FERNÁNDEZ
:BRA: LEÔNIDAS
:PAR: Arsenio ERICO
:ARG: Ángel LABRUNA
:ARG: Adolfo PEDERNERA
:BRA: ADEMIR
:PER: Valeriano LÓPEZ
:URU: Walter GÓMEZ
:BRA: JULINHO
:ARG: Alfredo DI STÉFANO
:CHI: Leonel SÁNCHEZ
:ECU: Alberto SPENCER
:ARG: Luis ARTIME
:BRA: JAIRZINHO
:COL: Willington ORTIZ
:ARG: Mario KEMPES
:BRA: CARECA
:CHI: Iván ZAMORANO
:ARG: Lionel MESSI

THE BEST EVER XI:

------------------------------GK. MAZURKIEWICZ---------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------CB. SANTAMARÍA--------SWP. FIGUEROA---------------------------
-RB. DJALMA SANTOS------------------------------------------LB. NÍLTON SANTOS------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------DMF. VARELA (c)---------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------CMF. DIDI---------------------------
----------------------AMF. MARADONA-------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------SS. SCHIAFFINO------------------
-----RWF. GARRINCHA-------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------CF/SS. PELÉ-----------------------------------------

Captains: Odulio Varela | Elías Figueroa | Diego Maradona
Short Free Kick: Diego Maradona | Didí | Pelé
Long Free Kick: Diego Maradona | Didí
Right Corner: Garrincha | Diego Maradona | Juan Alberto Schiaffino
Left Corner: Diego Maradona | Juan Alberto Schiaffino | Nílton Santos
Penalty: Diego Maradona | Pelé

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Maradona as captain? That's a pretty bad joke, right? Varela was one of the greatest captains in the history of the game (by far the greatest from South America), a real leader on the pitch, if those two would have played in the same team, Maradona surely wouldn't have been captain. Captains should be Varela, Figueroa and then Maradona..

Not actually, aren't you ignoring that Maradona (aside from Barcelona i think, and earlier with his NT) was always the captain with his respectives teams right?

If he wasn't a "real" leader on the pitch, then i'm pretty sure that at least he wouldn't have been nominated as the skipper earlier with Argentinos Juniors and Boca Juniors before he left to Europe..

Updated captains though ;) .

Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:08 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I didn't want to question Maradona's qualities as a captain (that's why I put him as 3rd captain) but IMO those other two guys or Daniel Passarella surely were better captains/leaders than Maradona ever was ;)

Well danielito passarella is so good leader that almost get in bankruptcy to River Plate
Also i only see three real leaders : chilavert , maradona and cafu

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Last edited by TheGreatRossonero on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:29 pm

He was a leader on the pitch...

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:31 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Wow, I have no words for such kind of trolling but anyway, I'll explain it to you: as a footballer on the pitch, Passarella was the ultimate leader, much bigger than any of those you mentioned. He inspired his teammates and always gave everything..
Maybe leadership is regarded differently in South America, but from what I regard as leadership and fighting spirit, Passarella, Figueroa, Varela and Nasazzi were clearly superior to Cafu or Maradona..

First is not trolling man take it easy , i dont want a BANgarang :mrgreen: , also i explain this Daniel passarella was good is not doubt of this , but diego has equal or superior value as leader , he always support his teammates , in all sense only see the matches of wc in 1986, 1990 , matches in Napoli , a entire city following a man , also the argentinians put him like a god.
For be honest i never seen play nasazzi only textbook :| , i cannot put my trust in that because i never seen he play , also varela :| , only media are the clips of Maracanazo and some videos of Peñarol Museum haves , Figueroa never :?: seens to matches , Passarella yes i seens him and yes he is a leader ;) but equal or below to diego. :D

Leaders in Europe: Zlatan , Lahm , Puyol , Raul , Casillas , Xavi ,etc....

PD: Gurkenjoen is somenthing personal with diego or me ? :? because you support menotti (enemy until the dead with bilardo and diego) , support Passarella uncondintionaly (other enemy of diego severals fights in longs of both their careers ) , insult diego ( for be a drug customer and cheater).

Spoiler: show

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Wow, I have no words for such kind of trolling but anyway, I'll explain it to you: as a footballer on the pitch, Passarella was the ultimate leader, much bigger than any of those you mentioned. He inspired his teammates and always gave everything..
Maybe leadership is regarded differently in South America, but from what I regard as leadership and fighting spirit, Passarella, Figueroa, Varela and Nasazzi were clearly superior to Cafu or Maradona..

First is not trolling man take it easy , i dont want a BANgarang :mrgreen: , also i explain this Daniel passarella was good is not doubt of this , but diego has equal or superior value as leader , he always support his teammates , in all sense only see the matches of wc in 1986, 1990 , matches in Napoli , a entire city following a man , also the argentinians put him like a god.
For be honest i never seen play nasazzi only textbook :| , i cannot put my trust in that because i never seen he play , also varela :| , only media are the clips of Maracanazo and some videos of Peñarol Museum haves , Figueroa never :?: seens to matches , Passarella yes i seens him and yes he is a leader ;) but equal or below to diego. :D

Leaders in Europe: Zlatan , Lahm , Puyol , Raul , Casillas , Xavi ,etc....

PD: Gurkenjoen is somenthing personal with diego or me ? :? because you support menotti (enemy until the dead with bilardo and diego) , support Passarella uncondintionaly (other enemy of diego severals fights in longs of both their careers ) , insult diego ( for be a drug customer and cheater).

Spoiler: show

It's what people call "point of view", everyone has one ;)

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:23 pm

This team needs to be better balanced, there is no Bolivian or Ecuadorian player.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Yeah but all needs a place , i don't see why the uruguayan Walter Gomez is better that Victor Agustin Ugarte , one of the greatest or maybe the greatest bolivian player of all time.

Or why Simeone is better than Etcheverry :shock: (yeah i know the spell of el cholo , but at 100% el Diablo is better , also counting the difference beetwen positions).

Surinam probably don't deserve be take in count because they are part of the Concacaf not the Conmebol.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 pm

That's the idea Rosso, the quality of the players + something respectable done with an south american club or with their NT (That's why you also don't see Messi who's talent alone is enough to deserve to be named here but then he hasn't played in a south american club or won something with Argentina, but that's another matter).

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Mmm....ok.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Why Santamaria is so well considered in this team? He is in the starting XI, but he did more in the european football than in the south american football. Only a 4th place with Uruguay in 1954, while Nasazzi was the best and the winner in 1930. He won 5 uruguayan championships, but he also won 5 spanish championships and 4 europeans cup (achievements in europe>>>achievements in south america). If Di Stéfano isn't in the team (2 argentinian primera division, 3 colombian championships and 1 Copa America), Santamaria should not be either. At least not in the first team.
The duo Passarella (as a sweeper) and Figueroa (as a CB) would be the most representative of the south american football.

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:44 pm

What about add Roberto Carlos in the startes, so the team can have two lef backs.

Messi is already the topscorer of Argentina NT and won a Copa América. I think he earn his spot among the starters. I would replaced Sócrates for him.

Also, I believe Neymar already have a spot among the reserves.

Sat May 28, 2022 9:04 am
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
What about add Roberto Carlos in the startes, so the team can have two lef backs.

Messi is already the topscorer of Argentina NT and won a Copa América. I think he earn his spot among the starters. I would replaced Sócrates for him.

Also, I believe Neymar already have a spot among the reserves.

I agree with Roberto Carlos.

Messi needs absolutely no justification to be on the first team. Why he is in reserves is beyond me.

I think Neymar might even have space on the first team too. Ronaldinho too.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:46 am

oh my goodness!!!
messi is not in first team...

Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:22 pm

Guys, are you all kidding, right? How can you all think that the greatest scorer, assistant, and caps for Argentina, Argentine player with the most caps, goals and assists in the World Cup, 2 times World Cup finalist, Copa America champion and runner up in 3 other editions, voted best player at the 2014 World Cup who will probably be voted best in 2022 as well could even think of having a spot in the starting 32? It has to be a joke, obviously Cubillas, Sócrates or Tostão deserve more than him.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next