It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Argentina All Stars 

Team created by a collaborative effort of 27DONI72, Milos, StuartBannigan and gurkenjoe93

ARGENTINA ALL STARS

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Winners (3): 1978, 1986, 2022
Runners-up (3): 1930, 1990, 2014

FIFA Confederations Cup

Winners (1): 1992
Runners-up (2): 1995, 2005

Copa América

Winners (15): 1921, 1925, 1927, 1929, 1937, 1941, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1991, 1993, 2021
Runners-up (14): 1916, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1935, 1942, 1959, 1967, 2004, 2007, 2015, 2016
Third place (5): 1919, 1956, 1963, 1989, 2019
Fourth place (2): 1922, 1987

COACH: Guillermo STÁBILE

The best ever Argentinian players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

Amadeo CARRIZO
Ubaldo FILLOL

DEFENDERS:

Carlos SOSA
Silvio MARZOLINI
Roberto PERFUMO
Daniel PASSARELLA
Alberto TARANTINI
Oscar RUGGERI
Javier ZANETTI

MIDFIELDERS:

Luis MONTI
Antonio SASTRE
Osvaldo ARDILES
Diego MARADONA
Jorge BURRUCHAGA
Diego SIMEONE
Javier MASCHERANO

FORWARDS:

José Manuel MORENO
Adolfo PEDERNERA
Omar CORBATTA
Mario KEMPES
Gabriel BATISTUTA
Lionel MESSI
Ángel DI MARÍA

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

Rogelio DOMÍNGUEZ
Sergio GOYCOCHEA
● Emiliano MARTÍNEZ

DEFENDERS:

Ludovico BIDOGLIO
José SALOMÓN
Pedro DELLACHA
Jorge OLGUÍN
Julio OLARTICOECHEA
José Luis BROWN
Roberto SENSINI
Roberto AYALA
Juan Pablo SORÍN
● Nicolás OTAMENDI

MIDFIELDERS:

Juan EVARISTO
Rinaldo MARTINO
Néstor ROSSI
Antonio RATTIN
Miguel BRINDISI
René HOUSEMAN
Américo GALLEGO
Sergio BATISTA
Fernando REDONDO
Juan Román RIQUELME

FORWARDS:

Manuel SEOANE
Manuel FERREIRA
Carlos PEUCELLE
René PONTONI
Ángel LABRUNA
Félix LOUSTAU
Norberto MÉNDEZ
Luis ARTIME
Claudio CANIGGIA
Hernán CRESPO

THE BEST EVER XI

GK FILLOL
CB RUGGERI
SWP PASSARELLA ©
RB ZANETTI
LB MARZOLINI
DMF MONTI
CMF MORENO
CMF SASTRE
AMF MARADONA
SS MESSI
CF KEMPES

Captain: Daniel Passarella | Diego Maradona | Lionel Messi
Short Free Kick: Diego Maradona | Lionel Messi | Daniel Passarella
Long Free Kick: Lionel Messi | Daniel Passarella | Diego Maradona
Right Corner: Lionel Messi | Diego Maradona
Left Corner: Antonio Sastre | Lionel Messi
Penalty: Lionel Messi | Diego Maradona | Daniel Passarella

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Linked every reserve player found on the forum:

Spoiler: show

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:06 am

Thanks Ninja'd

All reserve players on this forum now are linked....

Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Rogelio DOMÍNGUEZ

Can be linked.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Eliseo MOURIÑO

Guillermo STÁBILE

Vicente DE LA MATA

René PONTONI

José SANFILIPPO

Can all be linked.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Why Menotti is the coach of this team??? The most succesful coach with Argentina is Carlos Salvador Bilardo; he played two World Cup Finals and won in 1986. And if you want to put the most succesful argentinian manager, it has to be Helenio Herrera (I know that he has never managed Argentina but he's the most succesfull coach from Argentina). By the way, Menotti had a "little help" from the military government in the World Cup 1978.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:42 am

Albiceleste wrote:
Why Menotti is the coach of this team??? The most succesful coach with Argentina is Carlos Salvador Bilardo; he played two World Cup Finals and won in 1986. And if you want to put the most succesful argentinian manager, it has to be Helenio Herrera (I know that he has never managed Argentina but he's the most succesfull coach from Argentina). By the way, Menotti had a "little help" from the military government in the World Cup 1978.

Replaced Menotti with Bilardo.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks. And I think that is time to include Messi in the team, not only into reserves. I'm from Argentina and I'm not a "Messi fan" or something like that, but he played three Copa América finals and one World Cup Final (in 2014 Messi and Mascherano were the best players of Argentina by far). I know that he didn't win that tournaments and some people say "Messi doesn't play well in Argentina, only in Barcelona". But I saw Messi and he played very good matches with the Selección and he led the team to the finals. In the last three finals the real problem was that Agüero, Higuaín and Palacio played really bad. Messi was always alone and he had to dribble all the players of the opposite team everytime. Not only champions write history (Cruyff, Zico, Maldini, Roberto Baggio, etc).

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:42 am

I was thinking to add him, not just because he carrying almost the non existent attacking work of the Argentina forward (and that's a fact, people can confirm it by themselves if they objectively watch the games), it's because he became the all time goalscorer of Argentina and if they had won the Copa America Centenario that would had been by far enough justification to add him.

I wonder why Pupi is there if he didn't achieve anything playing there with the "Celeste y Blanco", then i ask, why Lio can't?

The most likely guys to be replaced by him are either Corbatta (an almost similar player) or Artime.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 am

Yes, I think the same. For me Corbatta, Peucelle or Artime are the most likely to be replaced.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:59 am

It will be Corbatta, since he doesn't fit the line-up (no WF) while Messi can be the Maradona's sub in the AMF/SS position there.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:40 am

First of all: I have nothing against Messi in the first team, he deserves it surely because of his quality as a player and archievements with the NT.
But you can't deny that he failed in those three finals. A player of his quality must be a decisive factor in at least one of those games and if he fails to score/assist in all of them, it's his fault too and not only the fault of his team mates..
Btw, I don't agree with Bilardo as coach. He wasn't such a great coach, Argentina won in 1986 because Maradona was in his prime (both in Football and Handball) and Briegel couldn't catch up with Burruchaga. Same goes for 1990 when Argentina reached the final only because of Maradona and Goycochea's penalty saving abilities, not because of Bilardo.
The coach should be Guillermo Stabile as he coached the team for 21 years and won 6 Copas with them..

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 am

I can only say, that this (including him) Argentina generation forwards/midfielders have a serious mental issue when it comes to play finals (because the defense was ok)..Surely he has faul with missing his chances, but certainly not by assisting/playmaking which he does the best that he's allowed..

The coach stuff is difficult: In one hand you have a coach who won six Copa America (without a doubt an amazing achivement) and in the other hand you have other coach who won the WC and reach another final (losing to an controversial penalty, but still they "deserve" to lose since they played the final in order to reach the penalties).

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:29 pm

The couch problem is something big to deal , in argentina is knowded like ¨menotismo¨ vs ¨Bilardismo¨ is two different ways to play , like all we know menotti and bilardo dont have a good relationship , if isa good way to put a Couch is better to have the two in the position, stabile is a good option , anybode remenbers him , only the memories guys , but if the two couchs can be in the place i suggested Bilardo , is better one WC and Finalist , Menotti only won WC and make a discussting WC in Spain with all that problem of the Foulkand Islands ,(the point of hand and others things , is football, i can discuss about the 2008-09 chelsea vs barce , three penalties missed , is a robery. or the mexico vs panama other scandal ).

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm

For me, the coach has to be Bilardo. Why no Menotti? Because Bilardo made better results than him and, I repeat, the 1978 team was a very good team but they had a "little help" from the military government. And why no Stábile? He won six Copas América, a great achievement, no doubt about it. But here in Argentina, we give more value to the World Cups, not so much to the Copas Americas, it's a fact. And in 1958 (the only World Cup with Stábile as a manager) Argentina lost 6-1 to Czechoslovakia in the first round, the worst loss in our history, known as "El desastre de Suecia" ("the Sweden disaster"). The people insulted the team when they went back to Argentina and Stábile left the team after that loss.
Talking about Messi, he deserves a place in the team, I expressed my opinion in a previous message. And if you talk about the finals, he didn't play EXCELLENT but he played well, not bad. The only opportunity that he missed was a shot in the World Cup Final but it wasn't an easy shot. He's always the only attacking force in Argentina because Higuaín, Aguero and Palacio didn't do anything and missed the few opportunities that we had.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next