S04: PK Taker
S10: Defence Leader

Special abilities:
-

Dribble Style: 1
Freekick Style: 1
Attack/Defence Awareness: Defence Minded

About:

Tahiti's historic captain who lead them to gold in 2012 breaking New Zealand's dominance over the OFC Nations Cup. And for the first time in the history the Oceanian cup is lifted by a captain who is not Australian nor New Zealander, carrying the dream of his small nation with an amateur team from Stade Hamuta, to Lawsan Tama, to Estadio Maracanã in 2013 to compete in the Confederation's Cup against the giants of football, facing Spain, Uruguay and Nigeria.

Even though he started his career in Europe playing in French 3rd and 4th tier leagues, Vallar played mostly in Tahiti's domestic clubs, winning the Tahitian League with AS Dragon.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:49 pm

I can see why you went very low with his stats, but he looks much, much worse than any Fijian player I posted. I can't see Tahiti being this weaker than Fiji. And this player had the chance to play in France and Portugal, although in lower divisions. These stats make him look worse overall than many below average goalkeepers.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Interista93 wrote:
I can see why you went very low with his stats, but he looks much, much worse than any Fijian player I posted. I can't see Tahiti being this weaker than Fiji. And this player had the chance to play in France and Portugal, although in lower divisions. These stats make him look worse overall than many below average goalkeepers.

I haven't seen the Fijian players stats. But I've watched some OFC international matches and the players are technically terrible. The amount of errors and mistakes are insane.

I watched all 3 Tahiti's matches in CC 2013 and I was amazed by the HUGE gap between them and the professionals. The Tahitians were fighters but they were ridiculously slow, bad and uncompetitive as individuals (apart from Vahirua who was actually a decent player). They were so unorganized and lacked any tactical awareness. Their stamina levels dropped too early. It was as if Spain or Uruguay were playing against a school team. I agree by the way regarding GKs. I think alot of them in Europe are technically better than all Micronesian and Polynesian players.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:09 pm

kitsophrenia wrote:
I haven't seen the Fijian players stats. But I've watched some OFC international matches and the players are technically terrible. The amount of errors and mistakes are insane.

I get what you're saying. Of course they're not comparable to top teams. Anyway, Tahiti was facing Spain, Uruguay and Nigeria at the 2013 Confederations Cup. It was obvious they were going to get trashed. But with these stats, he may even struggle in the Italian Serie D. And he spent one season in Ligue 2 even though he was a reserve. But if you think he deserves these low stats, alright.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:51 pm

The stats make sense, they were likely the worst team to ever take part on the Confederations Cup.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:53 pm

El Capo wrote:
The stats make sense, they were likely the worst team to ever take part on the Confederations Cup.

I agree but I can only repeat that Tahiti was facing the possibly best European team, one of the best South American and one of the best African. If these stats make sense, then most (or all) of the Fijian players I posted should look even worse, given they didn't even play outside of Oceania.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:01 pm

Perhaps they were worst or similar than this player. Thing is, that we all have a feeling about what should be representative regarding the level of a player.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:08 pm

El Capo wrote:
Perhaps they were worst or similar than this player. Thing is, that we all have a feeling about what should be representative regarding the level of a player.

Still makes no sense to have all abilities on levels like no other player on this site. Can't judge how bad his technical abilities were but you can't tell me that a player of his size was that unagile - while also having absolutely no aerial ability at all. That makes no sense, same goes for speed stats, passing stats (no way that there is a 15 point gap between both SPA/SPS and LPA/LPS) or AGG. With ATT 40 and AGG 43 you would get a player ingame that only stays in the back but that makes no sense at all considering his STA value.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:16 pm

bro, if I looked at these stats at random, I thought they'd be from a fictional player from PES, can a human being have too poor stats?

Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:42 pm

Look at this: https://youtu.be/pgghE8VJB9I?si=A2QM84nkRDcrsCfI

Look at 1:45. Vallar is COMPLETELY outpaced by Ahmed Musa (Who has an average pace according to football standards). Imagine him chasing Aaron Lennon or Robben for instance. By the way this guy used to work in retail store during this time. So he was an average guy who knows how to play football. (Most of OFC players are like this).

Between 2010-2015, I would compare Tahiti's player abilities to nations like New Caledonia, Andorra, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Buhtan, Bermuda... . Which are slightly lower than other weak nations like Papua New Guinea, South Sudan, Eritrea, Philippines, Laos, Lesotho, Gibraltar, Nepal... But slightly better than nations like Tonga, Samoa, San Marino, Maldives, Bhutan...

I mean if Tahiti played against nations like Chad, Malawi, India (which are pretty bad as well) they will totally get dominated and crushed.

So in my honest opinion, I think most OFC players should be given around these stats give or take. Sometimes Fiji has better players, sometimes Cook Island have worse players... Whatever, according to the generation but mostly around the same standards.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:10 pm

Gurkenjoe93 and I aren't criticising your correct idea of making a guy like this one look bad in comparison to mid tier or top players. The thing is, with all those values in ATT, AGG, TS, ACC he would be like never moving at all in-game. Again, he looks worse than many goalkeepers. KONAMI used to show this kind of gap between top players and unknown players in the oldest games, but they didn't always represent those players correctly. Stats like Response, Mentality, Teamwork, Condition and Consistency exist to create that gap. I remember using players with good stats but very crap Mentality, Teamwork and so on and they were impossible to control.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:35 pm

kitsophrenia wrote:
Look at 1:45. Vallar is COMPLETELY outpaced by Ahmed Musa (Who has an average pace according to football standards). Imagine him chasing Aaron Lennon or Robben for instance. By the way this guy used to work in retail store during this time. So he was an average guy who knows how to play football. (Most of OFC players are like this).

In what parallel universe has Ahmed Musa an average pace?

Quote:
In terms of top speed, Vardy has reached an incredible 35.1 km/h and the former CSKA Moscow man peaked at 33.93 km/h. Musa wants a one-on-one contest to test himself against Leicester’s Premier League winning hero.

https://soccernet.ng/2016/10/i-want-to- ... -musa.html

Even Konami always rated him with high yellow values for ACC and TS, he is certainly not average in terms of pace - especially not during his peak years..

Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]