It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rinaldo CIASCA 1951-1956 

Name: Rinaldo Ciasca

Nickname: "Rei dos Pênaltis" ("King of Penalties")

Club: Ponte Preta
Position: *GK
Side: RF/BS

Height: 181cm
Weight: 78kg

Attack: 30
Defence: 83
Balance: 85
Stamina: 65
Top Speed: 74
Acceleration: 77
Response: 92
Agility: 84
Dribble Accuracy: 60
Dribble Speed: 61
Short Pass Accuracy: 62
Short Pass Speed: 58
Long Pass Accuracy: 60
Long Pass Speed: 62
Shot Accuracy: 47
Shot Power: 81
Shot Technique: 45
Free Kick Accuracy: 45
Curling: 44
Header: 51
Jump: 89
Technique: 68
Aggression: 65
Mentality: 73
Keeper Skills: 82
Team Work: 70

Injury Tolerance: C
Condition/Fitness: 4
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 4
Growth Type: Standard Lasting

CARDS:
S11: Penalty Saver

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Penalty Stopper

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Cousin of Nardo, a striker who played for Corinthians, Palmeiras, Portuguesa, and Juventus of Turin, Rinaldo Ciasca was a true symbol of Ponte Preta in the 1950s. He was considered an extravagant goalkeeper and above all "dangerous", mainly because of his habit of transforming everyday saves into flashy jumps! Ciasca was the first Ponte Preta's famous goalkeeper, a dedicated professional on the pitch, and a passionate listener of classical compositions.

He was born in São Paulo (SP), on February 18, 1928. A basketball practitioner, he was recognized in his youth for his skill and precision with a ball in his hands, although he did not feed any pretension to move forward as a basketeer. Over time, his elasticity and good stature were determinant for his role as a goalkeeper in the amateur scenario of the Água Branca neighborhood. According to the chromium album "Ídolos do Futebol Brasileiro", published in 1956, Rinaldo Ciasca was first sent to the amateur team of Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras but did not remain in the "alviverde" for a long time. He remained determined in his walk in the city of São José do Rio Pardo (SP), and was discovered in 1950, by Ponte Preta's representatives.

With Ponte Preta's access in 1951, the young Rinaldo Ciasca would face the dreaded offensive quintets of the great clubs of São Paulo's soccer elite. Thus, between 1951 and 1960, Rinaldo Ciasca defended with dedication the arch of "macaca campineira", although in some periods he lost his place to his understudy Andu. However, his name is not only remembered for his interventions considered acrobatic and flashy. Rinaldo Ciasca was also a true expert in the art of defending penalties. And in that golden period of São Paulo soccer, one of the great penalty takers was Corinthians' main man, Cláudio Christóvam de Pinho, who also stopped at Rinaldo Ciasca's hands.

Like a Higuita from another time, Ciasca found it very boring to defend easy balls, to do the obvious under the post. He decided to make the simplest moves fantastic. When a ball came from above, just above the head line, for example, he would stand still for endless seconds. When the goal seemed clear and the crowd went into despair, he, in a sudden movement, would grab the ball behind his head. And then, to an even greater degree, he would open a large smile, which would leave opponents, teammates, and fans on the brink of a nervous attack.

When he wasn't satisfied with the aerial tricks, he would focus on the ground. Defending an unpretentious low shot was, for him, an affront. Then, like a cat, he would throw himself back and search the ball by the tail.

But it wasn't only slapsticks that made Ciasca's career. He kept the best of himself for the most dangerous moments, which made him known as the king of penalties. To get an idea, in a single Paulista Championship, in 55, he defended 16 of 22 penalty kicks.

Suffering from the effects of regular bruises and prolonged withdrawals by the medical department, Rinaldo Ciasca did not have a very long career. Later, with the necessary use of the young goalkeeper Nino, his trajectory went into a sharp decline!

Rinaldo Ciasca left football in the 1960 season, the same year he was relegated with Ponte Preta in the São Paulo championship. No publications were found about his life outside of soccer. Some sources point out his death in June 2000.

Rinaldo Ciasca may have been, many times, an exhibitionist. But he never let boredom invade his area.

Sources:
https://tardesdepacaembu.wordpress.com/ ... do-ciasca/
https://segredosdabola.wordpress.com/tag/ciasca/
https://pontepreta.com.br/noticias-detalhe/20181129maj

Last edited by s+m4lf on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:02 am

Thanks for the set! By the way, I don't know this player but I believe that AGI 96 for a goalkeeper of any era is way too much. He wasn't even a lightweight at all. I can't imagine him having such agility. You should go on yellow value, even low one I'd say.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:31 am

Sounds more like he should have higher RES. AGI is wayyyyyyy too high and should be in low yellow at the highest. From the description he sounds similar to Al-Deayea and I gave him 85 (which was maybe too high), and Al-Deayea was an athletic monster and quite lightweight for his height.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:15 am

Interista93 wrote:
Thanks for the set! By the way, I don't know this player but I believe that AGI 96 for a goalkeeper of any era is way too much. He wasn't even a lightweight at all. I can't imagine him having such agility. You should go on yellow value, even low one I'd say.

Thanks! I'll make more Ponte Preta's players soon, I have then in my game for a long time.
And about the AGI, you're right, 96 is way too much, but as he was known mostly by his acrobatics, I decided to low it to 84. At the same time, I increased RES and decreased GK. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:41 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Sounds more like he should have higher RES. AGI is wayyyyyyy too high and should be in low yellow at the highest. From the description he sounds similar to Al-Deayea and I gave him 85 (which was maybe too high), and Al-Deayea was an athletic monster and quite lightweight for his height.

Updated!

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Why is ATT rated like if he was an offensive keeper?

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:23 pm

El Capo wrote:

On "Majestoso 70" (A book about Ponte Preta's history) it's being said that he tended to intercept crosses even far from the goal (even committed some mistakes). I tried to replicate that in the game with his dubious GK skills (82) and more ATT than usual.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:56 pm

s+m4lf wrote:
El Capo wrote:

On "Majestoso 70" (A book about Ponte Preta's history) it's being said that he tended to intercept crosses even far from the goal (even committed some mistakes). I tried to replicate that in the game with his dubious GK skills (82) and more ATT than usual.

If he used to go outside of the box to intercept balls, than you should increase AGG to like high 60s so that he pushes forward instead of staying in the goal all the time. That rate for ATT makes him like a goalkeeper who's effective inside the opposing box like scorer goalkeepers.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:58 pm

I don't think actually that there is a precise combination that allows the keeper to behave like that, the game is not that complex, at least not in the old system.

A higher value than 30 in ATT for keepers who, besides what Interista said, were/are known mainly for distributing accurately the ball, often initiating attacks from behind like a quarterback.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Updated. Thank you all very much for the tips!

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]