It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 World Cup 2018 

Hey guys, as we had the same thread four years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have one for the 2018 WC as well ;)
What teams do you consider as favorites on the cup? Who will be the stars of the tournament?
Russia opened the tournament with a 5:0 against Saudi Arabia. Beautiful goals by Cheryshev, especially the second one ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm

El Capo wrote:
i doubt that UEFA changed the format just to coincidentally benefit them..

I didn't write that anywhere :roll:
Everybody knows that UEFA changed the format to make more money (same bullshit as a bigger WC) but it's a fact that Portugal benefited from it and only stayed in tournament because of that change..
Btw, how can that retard Cakir still be an official referee? Nigeria should have received an indirect free kick after that dangerous play by Rojo..
Edit: Now he gives that "penalty" to Nigeria, such a joke :roll:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:55 pm

What a lovely ending :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:56 pm

The worst team of the group goes to the knockout stage :roll:
Griezmann and Mbappé will rip them into pieces..
Btw, someone should really make a drug test with Maradona as soon as possible:

I don't understand how this drug addict still can be an idol for some people..

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Quote:
The worst team of the group goes to the knockout stage :roll:

Now I expect from them to show the real strength. :D

Btw, all the favorites are through to the knockout stage for now, I guess Brazil will be the first one to be eliminated. :)

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:07 pm

I expect Brazil and Germany to go through easily, both teams are too mentally strong to fall this early. Both have tonnes of experience, and their destiny is in their own hands.

I think we’ll have to wait until the 2nd round before we see our first big team eliminated. With Argentina-France, Uruguay-Portugal and a possible Brazil-Germany, it’s sure to be very interesting...

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Say that a team that played better in this world cup and that there is one worse than another is to be ignorant, all have played a foul football, all suffering in each game, looking for last minute goals.
Some attacking the whole game and not being able to score against inconsequential national teams, the truth that each team has played like shit.
Spain with a mediocre defense, Portugal just basing his game on the miracles of his best player, Germany thinking that they are in 2014 underestimating the teams also looking for a miracle of one of their old players, Iceland hiding in their field all the matches and I had already said that before their game plan did not lead to anything productive
Croatia playing counter-attack and with football that only relies on 3 or 4 players that if they are not available the team is shit

It is a world cup that will win those who play with the ugliest football.

Thank God, we have the best player in history.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:24 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Thank God, we have the best player in history.

Did your country invent a method to revive the dead? If yes, great to see Don Alfredo back among the living :)

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Hahahahaha Germany, incredible stuff from South Korea! Total complacency and arrogance from Germany, so glad they're out...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:03 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Hahahahaha Germany, incredible stuff from South Korea! Total complacency and arrogance from Germany, so glad they're out...

+1000 :mrgreen:

So sorry for Kroos and Gómez though. :!:

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Interista93 wrote:
France: 1998 champions - 2002 out in the group stage
Italy: 2006 champions - 2010 out in the group stage
Spain: 2010 champions - 2014 out in the group stage
I have now a bad feeling for Germany....

...and it happened!

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:16 pm

I have no words for that team. Biggest disappointments: Özil, Müller, Hummels, Khedira and especially Kroos: thanks Toni for giving two wonderful assists - both to opponents but hey, at least he tried :roll:
Hopefully DFB fires Löw as soon as possible, even Ribbeck was a better coach than him :roll:

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Is this the worst German team of all time? Even a team as bad as the 2002 one managed to get to the final, and had 10x the determination despite having a lot less talent. The only teams I can think that rival this team are the Euro 2004 and Euro 2000 teams...

I’m just absolutely shocked at the lack of fight in this team, especially from Müller, who would usually be leading by example but was possibly the worst player alongside Boateng.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:10 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I have no words for that team. Biggest disappointments: Özil, Müller, Hummels, Khedira and especially Kroos: thanks Toni for giving two wonderful assists - both to opponents but hey, at least he tried :roll:
Hopefully DFB fires Löw as soon as possible, even Ribbeck was a better coach than him :roll:

Hummels was the only one who put energy and effort.
About the others... very disappointed too.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 pm

OK, of course, Brasilians are far better, but I think that 2015 youth world champions generation still have great things to come in the future. In next competitions, team with Rajković, Milenković, Veljković, Nastasić, Živković, Milinković-Savić, Grujić, Radonjić, Mitrović, Jović would be a formidable opponent for everyone.

And now, I'm all fired up for Argentina to win the trophy! :)

P.S. Congrats Brazilians, you are better than us ;)

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Shocking defeat by Germany. I'm still surprised by their lack of commitment.

About Brazil, was harder than expected, but the qualification came well in the end. Still a lot to improve to be champion for sure. Willian isn't playing well, too bad Douglas Costa got injured. Gabriel Jesus is too shy, need to participate more. Firmino is an option, but I don´t know if he is the right guy to take the responsability. Coutinho is our key player until now, very good performances. Neymar is not physically 100% and is improving during the competition, need to show more in next stages. I'm happy that at least today he didn't dive or complain. :lol:

Milos wrote:
OK, of course, Brasilians are far better, but I think that 2015 youth world champions generation still have great things to come in the future. In next competitions, team with Rajković, Milenković, Veljković, Nastasić, Živković, Milinković-Savić, Grujić, Radonjić, Mitrović, Jović would be a formidable opponent for everyone.

And now, I'm all fired up for Argentina to win the trophy! :)

P.S. Congrats Brazilians, you are better than us ;)

2015 was a deserved victory. Serbia knew very well how to explore Brazil's weaknesses in that match, if I remember well. Maybe this World Cup can be a formidable experience to this generation and they can show better things in next competitions.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next