It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 World Cup 2018 

Hey guys, as we had the same thread four years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have one for the 2018 WC as well ;)
What teams do you consider as favorites on the cup? Who will be the stars of the tournament?
Russia opened the tournament with a 5:0 against Saudi Arabia. Beautiful goals by Cheryshev, especially the second one ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm

I didn’t say Messi was great and perfect....

Besides, by that logic, I could say that if Puskas was so amazing, why didn’t he just score more goals and beat West Germany in 1954? He had a much better team than Messi did and yet he couldn’t beat Germany either...

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:43 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
I didn’t say Messi was great and perfect....

Besides, by that logic, I could say that if Puskas was so amazing, why didn’t he just score more goals and beat West Germany in 1954? He had a much better team than Messi did and yet he couldn’t beat Germany either...

You can lose a match even with the greatest team on Earth. However Puskás at least reached the final even scoring a goal. :D

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:48 am

I really don’t see your point, how can you praise Puskas for being part of the best team on Earth and losing in the final, and then criticise Messi for being part of an average team and losing in the final? Look at Zico and Socrates, they get lots of praise for being part of Brazil 1982, and they lost in the quarter final. Messi dragging an Argentina team with no attack to the final should be something you praise him for, not ask why he didn’t win the whole thing...

It’s like me saying well if Eusebio is the best striker of all time why didn’t he win the World Cup? If Di Stefano is the best player of all time why didn’t he win literally every single game he ever played in? You’re holding Messi to impossible standards, no player could win the World Cup with that Argentina team.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 am

You talked about Puskás being part of the best team and losing against Germany but the discussion was originally about individuality and not teams.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:08 am

That’s exactly my point though, individualism only gets you so far. Put Puskas in 2014 Argentina and they still wouldn’t win. You could have replaced Messi with anyone in history and they would still lose. Sure, Messi missed an okay chance, but it’s not his fault that Higuaín and Palacio has horrendous misses that they should have scored. So yes, I do think it’s unfair to criticise Messi for not winning the World Cup. If you criticise him, you should also criticise Cruyff, Puskas, Eusebio, Platini, Zico, Baggio and all the other legends that never won the World Cup...

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I want to imagine that Messi scores four goals in an European cup final - wait a minute, the only guy who did that was Puskas while he was already 33 years old :roll:
You want more?
Messi in three EC finals = two goals. Puskas in three EC finals: seven goals.
Messi in the EC: 100 goals in 125 matches = 0,85 goals per match. Puskas: 37 goals in 41 matches = 0,90 goals per match.
Messi in La Liga: 383 goals in 418 matches = 0,92 goals per match. Puskas in La Liga: 156 goals in 180 matches = 0,87 goals per match.
Messi in Copa del Rey: 48 goals in 68 matches = 0,71 goals per match. Puskas in Copa del Rey: 49 goals in 41 matches: 1,19 goals per match.

I've only taken Puskas stats while playing for RM and it's amazing how a player who was already 31 years old when he joined Madrid still manages to beat Messi in almost every category :lol:

Still not enough?
Messi at the NT: 65 goals in 128 matches = 0,51 goals per match. Puskas at the NT: 85 goals in 89 matches = 0,96 goals per match.
Messi's goals in the League: 383 goals in 418 matches = 0,92 goals per match (La Liga). Puskas goals in the league: 514 goals in 528 matches = 0,97 goals per match (Hungarian League & La Liga)
Messi's goals in national cup: 48 goals in 68 matches = 0,71 goals per match (Copa del Rey). Puskas goals in national cups: 66 goals in 52 matches: 1,27 goals per match.

But I'm pretty sure that those are all stats faked by "international journalism" to make Puskas (who even lost two years of his career because of his immigration to Spain) look like a great player and profilic goalscorer :roll:

Nice statistics, but although being honest, who did those goals? God, those defenders and golkeepers were so mediocre , if the defenders do not know how to mark, how to tackle properly, how to trackback to their own field, how to guess the skillful foot that the rival player uses, to be able to prevent them from using that side and they can dribble, how to move in the box and annoy/mark properly the rival player in the middle of a corner, those are technical and tactical aspects that any child of a football academy learns at 8 years old, regarding the physical I saw slow defenders, who could not turn on their own axis to be efficent at the time of marking or tackle, I saw those games and these things that are so basic that anyone who has been related to Football knows, and those defenders barely showed a couple of those things very rarely.

It's basic, on the Internet I only find people who say generic things and never anything about those details that show that who a person even could have minimal knowledge about football.

Now Messi, let see against who he plays, against players who practically train professionally since they are kids, where from that point they improve constantly, where to reach the first division is something almost impossible and only the best players have that privilege, a time where there is training double time, focused on the technical, physical and tactical aspects.

(From Fergusons Manchester United to Cristianos RM)

Is so difficult to advance in the academy of a team, where the coaches are very exhaustive when it comes to segregating the players for their performance.

It is a very competitive football where only knowing how to kick a powerful shot and with accuracy is not enough, and even to do that, yu need the ability to open spaces so the rival wont stop you.

And then you call me retarded?, nice one buddy, better you stay in the books, numbers and behind the play station because aside that, pretty much i dont find any kind of coherency behind those statetments, any kind of knwoledge about football, just the same bs trying to convince people that precariousness is synonymous of being better, I think a former user of this forum said it well, kept the players in a microcosm, Messi playing with retards defenders in the 50s throwing kicks will destroy him, in the same way that Puskas in the 21st century could not even get to touch the ball.

You imagine that a player prone to physical problems, lose two years of professional career, think about going back to playing football at the present time, he has no chance of playing at a great level, that is why the football of that era is have to be handle with a pinch of salt.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/adriano ... aranaense/

Please do not quote this message, I do not want to keep losing my time, in PES these players will be able to play but in real life there is a big ​​difference between what football was before what it is now, they were great in their time and they should only be compared with players of his time.

Quote:
And one last thing: when it comes to accept other opinions, you're not better than Jorge Rafael Videla was..

WTF, You start to throw shit, you have problems mate, you have go to check that.

I give an opinion and you ironize, it seems to me that it is another person who has problems.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=7970&start=90#p20086
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=7970&start=105#p20174

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:48 am
Amministratore

StuartBannigan wrote:
27DONI72 wrote:
Messi isn't even the best of his generation.

Who is then? The only player even close to him is Ronaldo, and I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone that’s watched them that Messi is better. Ronaldo isn’t a great playmaker compared to Messi, and is increasingly reliant on his teammates providing him service because he isn’t the great dribbler he used to be. Messi is just an incredibly complete offensive player, one of the most complete in history. It’s like comparing Cruyff and Pelé to Gerd Müller and Eusebio. One is an artist, the other is a scoring machine.

I don’t even really like Messi or Ronaldo, but I just don’t know why everyone has to put either of them down. We all love football here, there’s no need to insult the two best players of this generation and two of the greatest of all time. I doubt people back in the 70s were saying that Cruyff was a loser because he lost to Germany in 74 or that Beckenbauer was only a legend because of his teammates. Messi and Ronaldo deserve just as much respect as any player throughout history, anyone saying otherwise is just being immature.

Cristiano is a leader. Messi hasn't testicles, often he seems autistic, never seen someone like him.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:31 pm

I can't believe what I'm watching.. Great Japan! :D

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Ahahahah, bye bye overrated cunts :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:13 pm

What a team is Japan!!!
:)
Really glad with them in the tournament

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:27 pm

We jinxed them.. :x

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:33 pm

El Capo wrote:
Ahahahah, bye bye overrated cunts :lol: :lol:

Who's the cunt now eh? :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Interista93 wrote:
We jinxed them.. :x

We did it :!: :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Japan tried and showed a good football.. Belgium was obviously superior but the defence doesn't seem so great.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:55 pm

So happy for our western neighbours :)
Great to see two of my favorite players scoring (of course I also cheered when Chadli scored the winning goal), seems it's time again:

Next one are Crymar and his gang 8-)

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next