It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 World Cup 2014 

Hi guys, since the WC will begin in just a few weeks I started this thread to talk about anything concerning this WC. So what are your expectations? Personaly I think that Holland won't have a good WC. I also think that Brazil won't meet the expectations and perhaps Germany will be World Champion

Mon May 19, 2014 6:37 am

i honestly think that Brazil has no longer (for me :lol: ) a formidable team.... but when you had the best pair of CB of the World, and one of the "best" players on the busnisess...Besides i also think that Germany will win the WC

Tue May 20, 2014 12:45 pm

I have my opinion... Germany is the strongest team (at least the best balance between attack and defence)

Spain and Brazil are the favourites and I think they will be humiliated... (and I'm from Spain, you know guys :lol: )

if everything is logical, Germany or Italy will the WC. but we know, football isn't logic too many teams.

Fri May 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Why do you all think that Germany will win WC? :D
I'm from Germany and tbh I don't think that our NT has a big chance in this tournament. Many players of our team suffered injuries this season and some of them aren't in top form again (Khedira and Özil for example), others will even miss the tournament because they're injured (the Bender twins and Badstuber). Then we still have no leftback with international class (Durm is good but Löw will use the worst German LB ever, Schmelzer, anyway), our regular DM duo (Schweinsteiger/Khedira) didn't play together for almost a year, the only real CF in the squad is Klose who also had several injuries this year and unfortunately we have the second worst coach in the tournament (worst coach is Klinsmann, thank god we don't have him as coach anymore)..
The positive aspect of our squad are of course our attacking midfielders/wingers, hopefully we'll play with false 9. My formation would like this:
-----------------------Neuer----------------------
---Lahm (c)---Boateng---Hummels---Durm---
---------Schweinsteiger---Kroos----------------
----Müller------------Özil-----------Reus--------
---------------------Götze------------------------
Anyway I think Germany will make it to the quarter finals or with some luck into the semi finals but I don't think we can reach final or even win it. IMO Brazil or Spain will make it, rather Brazil if you ask me ;)

Fri May 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Because Germany is the least bad team.

Netherlands: 2 world class player and one of them just recovered of an injury. The rest are just very young players, decent players (de Jong, Vlaar & Lens) or over the hill (Sneijder, Kuyt)
Spain: the important players are getting older and older and won't it be a bridge to far?
Brazil: perhaps the best defensive duo and Neymar, but the others are just good and not special
Belgium: very talented team, but most players are not used to winning
Argentina: Many talented attackers but their most important player is not in form and their gk, defenders and midfielders are crap
Portugal: Just Ronaldo the rest isn't that special
Italy: many decent players but not a lot of world class players and their best players are getting old. Balottelli could be special, but he is too unpredictable and didn't have a great season
France: a good squad but were they able to fix their internal conflicts?
Perhaps Chili or Colombia can suprise

Sat May 24, 2014 7:23 am

I don't see Chile or Colombia... and less Colombia without Falcao

Spoiler: show
Finally, I don't think the same for Spain... We have always great generations of players, but always bad luck, except this latest years. Vicente Del Bosque for me called Fernando Torres, Xavi, Villa and other players only for the things that they done for the NT in the latest years, and he doesn't think in players who deserves go right now like Llorente who I'm not sure if he will go to the WC, Isco, Thiago although he is injury, I think... Koke, Adrián, Diego López instead Reina and De Gea instead Valdes who is injuried or without physical form right now, Deulofeu could go to the WC with Jesé (although he is injury, a pitty with Jesé and Deulofeu in u21 Spain was the best team in all competitions), they will be very good players in the future if the things doesn't go bad. Even, I think Jesé and Deulofeu are equal or even better than Neymar, if you ask me the transfer of Neymar for me was a wrong thing when Barça had Deulofeu who knew the team, and how to play, very good player with great skills. That's the thing, the world always thinks about the brazilians and argentinians youth players are the best only for the story of both countries in the world of football, but what about Hazard who is better than Neymar too much? El Shaarawy? Verratti? Götze? Reus? Even Griezmann (I really love this player, with Carlos Vela, they are the spirit of Real Sociedad) and they hasn't got that "fame" like Neymar who in my opinion doesn't show anything in Spain yet, and Barça's fan compare him with the best Ronaldinho...

I put it in Spoiler because I tell some things that hasn't got anything with World Cup :lol:

Wed May 28, 2014 6:06 pm

anybody here thought that this Fifa WC is becoming in the "Injuries World Cup" :shock:

Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm

After the first two matches I'd rather say, that it's the WC of bad referee decisions..
Especially this Japanese guy was pure shit..

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Today was a "Vendetta" for Netherlands :shock:

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Brilliant match by the Netherlands today, Blind and especially RvP and Robben were absolutely brilliant :)
Hopefully Robben doesn't get injured during the tournament, if he continues to play like he has done in 2014 until now, he maybe can finally win the Ballon d'Or (he already deserved it in 2010)..
And if the Netherlands play a good tournament, we definitely have to add Robben, RvP and maybe Sneijder to the first team of our Holland AS in the forum..

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Brilliant match by the Netherlands today, Blind and especially RvP and Robben were absolutely brilliant :)
Hopefully Robben doesn't get injured during the tournament, if he continues to play like he has done in 2014 until now, he maybe can finally win the Ballon d'Or (he already deserved it in 2010)..
And if the Netherlands play a good tournament, we definitely have to add Robben, RvP and maybe Sneijder to the first team of our Holland AS in the forum..

Actually Sneijder, Iniesta, Xavi and Even Casillas deserved to win in 2010... and the last edition the true "Winner" was Ribéry, not Ronaldo

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:43 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
After the first two matches I'd rather say, that it's the WC of bad referee decisions..
Especially this Japanese guy was pure shit..

Why is their a referee from Japan even at the WC? They play baseball in Japan & their domestic soccer league is a joke! That's like having a ref from the English 4th division in the opening match of the tournament!

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:02 am

OK... anyone here ever thought that Costa Rica will beat Uruguay today? :shock:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:33 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

In 2010 I'm sure the only one who deserved the Ballon D'Or was Sneijder (don't forget he won Triplete with Inter being one of the best of the team and runner-up the last FIFA WC being the best player of his NT) or Xavi Hernández(who did the same as Messi and even win the FIFA WC)... Maybe you mean 2013 (IMO Ribéry shouldn't be there, Robben yes, he did a lot of things for Bayern, the same as Ribéry and even more, and of course he should win the Ballon D'Or in 2013)

About Spain-Netherlands... I'm from Spain and I'm glad of that humiliating match for us, when I knew the 23 man squad done by Del Bosque... I'm always with Spain (in good moments and bad moments), when Coach do it well, Del Bosque hasn't mentality to do the best for the team, I don't know why he call Piqué, Xavi (old), Pedro (didn't play all the season with Barcelona) and more players, even Diego Costa who can't play the style of Spain... Why not Llorente, Negredo, Callejón, Isco, Thiago (injuried, but I think he was good when Del Bosque did the call), Navas?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Well, good start for Germany in this WC. Great performances by Müller, Kroos, Özil, Götze and Hummels (who hopefully isn't seriously injured) but this was only the first match. If the team continues to play like this, they really can win the cup ;)
Regarding Portugal, one picture is a perfect symbol for their match:
The worst captain in World Cup history, he didn't motivate his teammates and only argued with the referee. Such a laughable situation when he took the free kick and hit the wall although it was only Lahm who stood there :D

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next