It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 World Cup 2014 

Hi guys, since the WC will begin in just a few weeks I started this thread to talk about anything concerning this WC. So what are your expectations? Personaly I think that Holland won't have a good WC. I also think that Brazil won't meet the expectations and perhaps Germany will be World Champion

Mon May 19, 2014 6:37 am

Quote:
Suarez now MUST be banned from this World Cup

You can't blame him to suffer from starvation :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:34 pm
Profile WWW

MagicDip wrote:
Quote:
Suarez now MUST be banned from this World Cup

You can't blame him to suffer from starvation :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:36 pm

"Que la chupen y sigan chupando" :lol:

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Well I'd like to see how Rodriguez performs against real good defences, Japan's defence is pure shit, even Cristiano Ronaldo in his current world cup form would have scored at least two goals today ;) :D
Btw, congratulations to Greece for reaching the round of last sixteen. I didn't believe that they could win today but they played very well and their victory was well deserved..
And of course congratulations to Faryd Mondragon who is now the oldest player who ever played a WC match :)

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:12 pm

JeanMarc wrote:
Simcav wrote:
After winning against England, here in Italy everyone started saying: "Hey, we're strong, we will win the World Cup, Balotelli will be the next Pallone D'Oro" and I was like "Guys, we're not playing football, England will end his Cup next match (and so it did), but we aren't so much better then them".

Italy can't play with only Balotelli in forward; him, Marchisio and Candreva aren't strikers, and our SBs make laughing and nothing else (only Darmian could began a good player, but Abate is too harsh, really too harsh..)
If also Chiellini starts making disasters we're already out.
We could win the next game only with some miracles by the only one real top player of the team: Pirlo.

And just look at the differences between 2006 and 2014, only in Forward convocates:
2006: Totti, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Gilardino, Toni, Iaquinta
2014: Balotelli, Insigne (?), Cerci, Cassano, Immobile

No one of these actual players could have played a single match in 2006.

The problem is, you in Italy think your players are the best in the world...

Great players :?: :!: Great players were Del Piero, Nesta, Maldini, Totti, those actual NT players are retards...

The current Italian league is on it's lowest point since it's origins, IMO it's on the same level like Austrian or Swiss league..

This Juventus team that won scudetto last few years is the worst ever team that won title in some big European league..

When this Juve plays in European Cups, I don't consider them as favourites even against Maltese champions, for instance...
Same goes for all the other Italian clubs, their quality is the same as the clubs that fight to avoid relegation in Spain, England, Germany...

Marchisio, De Ceglie...those players should be players of mid table Serie A team, not of champion of Italy...
Balotelli is just average player, not even good one, let alone world class...
Cassano and Pirlo are static invalids who run 500 meters per game, more suitable for football of 1930's...
Buffon is one of the most overrated keepers in history of the game...
Abate, Parolo..are limited players...

I don't want to insult anybody in Italy, but sometimes I get impression following the Italian press, that you in Italy don't know anything what's happening outside of Serie A, that you just live in your own Serie A world, and think you're the best in the world and nobody can match your teams or NT..

Before the game vs Costarica, you were all about jokes and pranks like: "Who are they?, Do they even know the rules?"

No wonder you got eliminated with such an attitude..Everybody plays football today, you don't have to play in Italy to be a good player...

I agree with the most of what you're saying, but:
- De Ceglie now plays in Genoa, not in Juventus (for God's sake!)
- Pirlo at the age of 35-36 is still the best player in Italy, IMO..
- About Buffon we've already discussed some time ago, I don't agree with you, but this is only my opinion.

Capello some months ago says that Serie A is not "allenante" (maybe the English traduction could be Trainingful) for Juventus, because there is a large hole between Juve and the other teams. Everyone here in Italy said that Capello wasn't right, also Conte said that he was totally wrong..
I don't think that this Juventus in the 80's or 90's, when also Sampdoria, Parma, Napoli and not only Milan or Inter had great (GREAT) players could have reached 102 points.
Capello was right, totally right. And now we have 2 examples: this one from Italy, demolited by Costa Rica; and the Champions League of Juventus, sent off by a Danish team and Galatasaray.

Anyway, Italy should have been sent off the next match, Colombia is a good team with really good players like Cuadrado and Rodriguez, and they run a lot, more more and more than Italy.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 am

The problems in Italian football are structural and certainly not emerge from today...One of the many problems is the shortage which cared for nurseries...Or the lack of attention to young playerd who are not exploited. Just think of Verrati, one of the best in the field against the Uruguay, and that does not play in Italy but in PSG, why didn't the consideration...I fully agree with JeanMarc for the poor level of Italian teams in European cups...The Champhions League in particular is "the map litmus"the level of a certain nation...And for years that Italian football is not dominates the European scene...It was really touched a low point in the history of Italian football. But from Italian, I hope that the situation will change radically

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:41 am

Current Juve team would have been relegated to Serie B in late 80's/early 90's, that's for sure...

Regarding the words of Don Fabio, I don't agree completely. IMO the truth is all Italian clubs are poor, but Juve is "less poor" than the others, enough to win scudetto. But most of their victories were by score 1-0, they score some accidental goal and the opponents can't score since they don't have enough quality and that's it...

Than people in Italy get impressed by their results in Serie A and think they'll do the same in European cups, but that's just a dream..

This Juve's level are club's like Basel, Austria Vienna...

Not even mentioning other Italian clubs, like Milan :lol: Current Milan, if you collect 11 kids on the street and bring them on the pitch, imo wouldn't beat them...

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 pm
Profile WWW

Argenina's defence is really weak, they'll surely have big problems when they face the stronger teams in the knockout stage..

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:51 pm

The only wrong that this gonna happen is in the final Match... but there is a 75% that Argentina won't reach the final game

;)

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:32 pm

JeanMarc wrote:
Damn, Pinilla :(

Shameful, shameful Brazil...If they weren't hosts, they wouldn't have even qualified for the tournament, now the referees will push them to the title to avoid civil war in the country...

+1, especially Fred has horrible again..
Btw, what a goal by Rodriguez against Uruguay :o

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Well, everyone here knows about the "help" will receibe Brazil, IMO only Germany or France can defeat them even with that help from referees... :lol:

I have to say, this isn't the best squad that they can do, It's a squad did for make Neymar "brighter"
Because I can't imagine if you do a NT squad for Brazil right now and leave out Coutinho, Lucas Piazon, Lucas Leiva... Even Casemiro, Dentinho (same profile as Ronaldo Nazario, keeping the distance between them but well...) or Ganso. I know that generation from Brazil isn't the best (at least it seems like Belgica, youngs and inexperts but with the time...) but Scolari could do better... It's like Spain this year :lol:

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 pm
Amministratore

It's a shame to see Hulk in starting XI while Lucas Moura is at home...

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Well Colombia can also defeat Brazil if you ask me, their attackers are IMO good enough to score some goals against the most overrated defense in the world (Alves-Silva-Luiz-Marcelo) ;)

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:58 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Well Colombia can also defeat Brazil if you ask me, their attackers are IMO good enough to score some goals against the most overrated defense in the world (Alves-Silva-Luiz-Marcelo) ;)

They are very good, and without Falcao... :lol:

What a match Mexico had it, but Netherlands had luck (and magic from Robben and Sneijder, what a pair of players!)

I think Ochoa, Neuer or Keylor Navas (who reminds me Gabelo Conejo, same style, similar skills, and they were in Albacete and saving Costa Rica in a World Cup a few times... :lol: ) one of them could be the best GK this World Cup, I though too in Julio Cesar but we have to admit he isn't the same as he was in Inter and could be Diego Alves instead of him in NT...

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next