It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Legend Stats 

I didn't know where to ask this question, so I hope, it's okay to create a new topic for this:

I wanted to ask where you guys research the legends. Are there any particular websites or anything? Because whenever I type legends into Google, I hardly find any articles or helpful stuff to create stats.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:41 pm

edge2412 wrote:
I didn't know where to ask this question, so I hope, it's okay to create a new topic for this:

I wanted to ask where you guys research the legends. Are there any particular websites or anything? Because whenever I type legends into Google, I hardly find any articles or helpful stuff to create stats.

I suggest you to look up the name of the players you want to create, even looking for articles in a language different from yours and then use a translator. The word "legends" is too vague and it will take you to anything and nothing. In case you want to make a set for a player about who there aren't videos available and you have to rely on written infos, then it could be very easy or very hard. Consider, for example, the Indian and Maltese players: I can say that gladly there are several websites with lots of useful informations. Even Kenyan and Ugandan players have a lot of articles. Other examples are very old Italian players who played in minor teams. Most of the times I relied on the highlights of the matches taken from the online archive of an Italian newspaper. Other times you can find pictures with some infos, which may be little but still better than nothing. That said, sometimes you find absolutely nothing about a player but don't say "stop" until you think that you searched enough. ;)

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:09 pm

edge2412 wrote:

Always depends what players you want to create stats for. On Footballia you'll find lots of matches and can search for players/clubs. Also YouTube is always an alternative since you'll find full games, highlights or players compilations there.
Then as Interista said you have the option to search on sites that are in the language from the player's country. Even Wikipedia can be a good hint since you sometimes have player profiles there that also contain a link to the site or the source where the infos come from.
And last but not least there's also the option to buy specific books.

Anyway here are some things I'd recommend you:
1) If you never created PES stats before, try to understand how Konami's rating system and the specific abilities work.
2) Try to start with players that you're familiar with, not with exotic ones that you never heard before.
3) Watch enough footage, if it's available, not just one match if you have 10+ for a player.
4) Always check if you really found all possible sources, not just the first five that appeared on first google site. Sometimes you also find gems on second or third page of google search.
5) Take your time to work on sets. Rather post one good set a week than ten sets that are inaccurate.
6) Don't copy sets from other pages.
Last point isn't aimed at you personally but unfortunately we had more than one case in the past where users thought that none of us would recognize that their sets weren't done by them.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]