It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Stats Format 

Hey, new member here. Well, new in the sense of not viewing but perhaps being a member. First found the forum like 2 years ago when I was trying to find info on older players of my club (Fenerbahce btw) and I was shocked at the ast database I found. Anyway, here is my question, why are all stats done in older version as opposed to new one. Is there a specific reason or are topics just not updated by authors? This sounded a bit dicky like it's expected and not done, my intention was not that, I'm just curious.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:28 am

Ardabarlas wrote:
Hey, new member here. Well, new in the sense of not viewing but perhaps being a member. First found the forum like 2 years ago when I was trying to find info on older players of my club (Fenerbahce btw) and I was shocked at the ast database I found. Anyway, here is my question, why are all stats done in older version as opposed to new one. Is there a specific reason or are topics just not updated by authors? This sounded a bit dicky like it's expected and not done, my intention was not that, I'm just curious.

What do you mean by old version? In any case, many player statistics, as it should be, have been updated about three years ago and continue to be updated with specific sections dedicated to these updates.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:10 am

I guess he means the format used until 2011 because since then Konami at first changed the order of the stats and after a few years decided to take out some of them. I use PES 2017 but I honestly hate the new format. However, answering to Ardabarlas: it's not a problem since you can simply use the values you find here and put them in the PES you use. The only differences are the 40 as lowest value, the addition of Body Control while Physical Contact substituted Balance, how Ball Winning is rated for strikers, the addition of more stats for goalkeepers. In my opinion these are not big deals.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Interista93 wrote:
I guess he means the format used until 2011 because since then Konami at first changed the order of the stats and after a few years decided to take out some of them. I use PES 2017 but I honestly hate the new format. However, answering to Ardabarlas: it's not a problem since you can simply use the values you find here and put them in the PES you use. The only differences are the 40 as lowest value, the addition of Body Control while Physical Contact substituted Balance, how Ball Winning is rated for strikers, the addition of more stats for goalkeepers. In my opinion these are not big deals.

It certainly means the values up to the 2011 format, because already in 2012 and then continuing in Pes 2013, there was the first "dismantling" with the elimination of Shot Technique and Aggression characteristics certainly not marginal, indeed far from it ..

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:17 pm

PiccoloInzaghi wrote:
Interista93 wrote:

It certainly means the values up to the 2011 format, because already in 2012 and then continuing in Pes 2013, there was the first "dismantling" with the elimination of Shot Technique and Aggression characteristics certainly not marginal, indeed far from it ..

Interista93 wrote:

Cheers for the answers. I want to try a couple sets, so how does Attacking prowess translates into attack, ball winning into defence etc. Is there a guide on here somewhere? Reason I ask is I switched back to PES with 18 so I really don't remember how the old ratings impacted players.

Btw, just by looking to older sets it's obvious they were more comprehensive, I like them more than current format as well.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Attacking Prowess should be a mix of Attack and Aggression even though playstyles like Goal Poacher, Fox in the Box, Prolific Winger are those who give more aggression to the player. Ball Winning is the same as Response for defensive players while it works a bit differently for Strikers since a centre forward with high reaction still has a good rate for Ball Winning but rarely over 60s so not on 80s or even 90s like in the old versions of PES. Body Control is higher on players like Messi or Maradona who have low Body Balance for obvious reasons while in the old PES Balance was simply the strength of the player.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Attacking Prowess should be a mix of Attack and Aggression even though playstyles like Goal Poacher, Fox in the Box, Prolific Winger are those who give more aggression to the player. Ball Winning is the same as Response for defensive players while it works a bit differently for Strikers since a centre forward with high reaction still has a good rate for Ball Winning but rarely over 60s so not on 80s or even 90s like in the old versions of PES. Body Control is higher on players like Messi or Maradona who have low Body Balance for obvious reasons while in the old PES Balance was simply the strength of the player.

Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna get used to older sets as I try my hand at them I guess.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]