It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:55 pm



Reply to topic  [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
 Free Area 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:57 pm
Posts: 289
Location: Modena, Italy
This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..


Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 654
Finally after 44 years... :3
I am excited.


Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 685
Not trying to jinx Peru, but the last South American team to beat Brazil on home soil in a competitive match was Peru...in the 1975 Copa America, 44 years ago. Make of that what you will :D


Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:26 am
Posts: 2557
Location: Aragua De Barcelona, Venezuela
Oh boy, what a way to end Thiago Silva and Dani Alves' international career :lol:


Last edited by El Capo on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:05 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 685
Wow didn't expect Robben to retire, thought he'd have another season or two left in him. What a great career, one of the best Dutch players of all time in my opinion ;)


Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 654
We didn't expect to be in the final, we are happy :) so now we are here we want to win but wouln't be a disappointment if we lose.


Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:17 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am
Posts: 1296
United States world champions again and well deserved! What a beautiful World Cup this was. The women surely have to improve more on technique level but they waste no time, are so fair and make no drama nor simulations. Male footballers really should learn from them. :roll:


Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 685
Yeah I was surprised how much I enjoyed this tournament, I'll take exciting matches between bad players over boring matches between great players any day ;)


Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:26 am
Posts: 2557
Location: Aragua De Barcelona, Venezuela
Artemds, could you believe how ingenue was Perú after Gabriel Jesus was sent off?? :roll:


Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 654
El Capo wrote:
Artemds, could you believe how ingenue was Perú after Gabriel Jesus was sent off?? :roll:

Oh man, I am sad/happy because the team`s behavior and courage they showed and Brazil is the best southamerican team but that penalty given to Brazil is so scandalous and shameful...

Amyway Tite make a good job too after G.J.'s sent off.


Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:41 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 685
Seemed like a blatant penalty to me, the Peruvian defender wasn't even looking at the ball and made no attempt to try and win it cleanly, just completely wiped Everton out. Peru's penalty was less of a penalty than the Brazilian one. Unfortunate, but Brazil clearly deserved the win, Tite is great at organising a defence.


Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 654
StuartBannigan wrote:
Seemed like a blatant penalty to me, the Peruvian defender wasn't even looking at the ball and made no attempt to try and win it cleanly, just completely wiped Everton out. Peru's penalty was less of a penalty than the Brazilian one. Unfortunate, but Brazil clearly deserved the win, Tite is great at organising a defence.


I do not what you see, but was shoulder to shoulder (something allowed), and a defender have to go with determination.

Peru's penalty was an obvious hand...


Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:08 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 685
Quote:
If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

Charge:

Physical challenge against an opponent, usually using the shoulder and upper arm (which is kept close to the body)

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges

From the laws of the game. The ball was clearly not within playing distance, in fact the Peruvian goalkeeper was getting to it before either Everton or Zambrano was. It was an unnecessary tackle and a clear penalty, stupid by Zambrano.

Silva's handball, well this is in the laws of the game as cases which aren't counted as handball:
Quote:
If a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)

That seems to me like Silva was putting his arm to the ground to support himself...
Under the old rules it would never have been given, only under these new, far too harsh rules would it even be considered as a possible penalty.


Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 654
StuartBannigan wrote:
Quote:
If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

Charge:

Physical challenge against an opponent, usually using the shoulder and upper arm (which is kept close to the body)

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges

From the laws of the game. The ball was clearly not within playing distance, in fact the Peruvian goalkeeper was getting to it before either Everton or Zambrano was. It was an unnecessary tackle and a clear penalty, stupid by Zambrano.

Silva's handball, well this is in the laws of the game as cases which aren't counted as handball:
Quote:
If a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)

That seems to me like Silva was putting his arm to the ground to support himself...
Under the old rules it would never have been given, only under these new, far too harsh rules would it even be considered as a possible penalty.



1.- How do you measure the playing distance?? If the distance was the same fot both??? and it wasn`t careless, reckless or using excessive force by Zambrano

2.- That arm was unnecesary extended and make the body bigger.

But I admit is subjetive and Brazil is the best team by far, that is clear to everyone


Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 685
artemds wrote:
1.- How do you measure the playing distance?? If the distance was the same fot both??? and it wasn`t careless, reckless or using excessive force by Zambrano


Well Zambrano wasn't going to reach the ball, that's why it wasn't within playing distance. It was just the same as a tactical foul on the halfway line, pretty obvious foul. You can't just bash into people when the ball is miles away, you can only use shoulder to shoulder when you're actually trying to win the ball. He even changes direction to charge into Everton instead of chasing the ball...


artemds wrote:
2.- That arm was unnecesary extended and make the body bigger.


How was it unnecessary? Everyone slides like that, because if he doesn't he'll smack his ahead against the ground. He shouldn't have to risk a head injury just to avoid giving away a penalty. I hate this "unnatural position" bullshit, it completely ignores the fact that people physically can't move around the pitch with their arms behind their back. All you have to do is aim for the opponent's arms and you'll get a free goal now, the rules are ridiculous...


Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am
Posts: 654
StuartBannigan wrote:
artemds wrote:
1.- How do you measure the playing distance?? If the distance was the same fot both??? and it wasn`t careless, reckless or using excessive force by Zambrano


Well Zambrano wasn't going to reach the ball, that's why it wasn't within playing distance. It was just the same as a tactical foul on the halfway line, pretty obvious foul. You can't just bash into people when the ball is miles away, you can only use shoulder to shoulder when you're actually trying to win the ball. He even changes direction to charge into Everton instead of chasing the ball...


artemds wrote:
2.- That arm was unnecesary extended and make the body bigger.


How was it unnecessary? Everyone slides like that, because if he doesn't he'll smack his ahead against the ground. He shouldn't have to risk a head injury just to avoid giving away a penalty. I hate this "unnatural position" bullshit, it completely ignores the fact that people physically can't move around the pitch with their arms behind their back. All you have to do is aim for the opponent's arms and you'll get a free goal now, the rules are ridiculous...


1.- Well the ball was 5 meters in front, so it could be reach it by anyone I mean given it wasn't in the feets of anyone it was a 1 on 1 situation and it wasn't a push, it was shoulder to shoulder, this is football not basket.

2.- When defenders goes down they know his arm will extend his body and FIFA say the same.


This will be an endless discution so there is no case to continue. greetings.


Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1094 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.