It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 150  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Anyone excited or at least going to watch Libertadores final match today? Fluminense vs Boca Juniors at Maracanã

Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:45 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Anyone excited or at least going to watch Libertadores final match today? Fluminense vs Boca Juniors at Maracanã

Excellent final, I enjoyed it, especially because Flu have won

Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:15 pm

I like forum posts "what if" on other teams=other era teams.It can imagine some teams which are never exist. For example, if France played in 1994 World Cup,which squad would Houllier choose? It can desigh many teams, and I can find some player who could become star in championship,but his team did not participate

Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:23 am

boban wrote:
I like forum posts "what if" on other teams=other era teams.It can imagine some teams which are never exist. For example, if France played in 1994 World Cup,which squad would Houllier choose? It can desigh many teams, and I can find some player who could become star in championship,but his team did not participate

I've been creating these "What If" squads for my OF in PES 2021 since World Cup 1970 and Euro 1972. There were so many historical "What If" national teams that were so close to participate, some of them even couldn't do it because of politics (not just Yugoslavia), others were unfortunately beaten, then some of them were strong with names, but couldn't have consistency in qualifiers...

It's very entertaining to assume who would be the chosen ones if these teams qualified :)

Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:44 am
Profile WWW

Kolektivitet wrote:
boban wrote:

I've been creating these "What If" squads for my OF in PES 2021 since World Cup 1970 and Euro 1972. There were so many historical "What If" national teams that were so close to participate, some of them even couldn't do it because of politics (not just Yugoslavia), others were unfortunately beaten, then some of them were strong with names, but couldn't have consistency in qualifiers...

It's very entertaining to assume who would be the chosen ones if these teams qualified :)

"What if" teams can be done even with successful teams.

For example, imagine Brazil 70 with Dirceu Lopes, Ademir da Guia and Edu Coimbra?

It would be an extreme powerful team to play in game.

Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:38 am
Profile WWW

Kolektivitet wrote:

Yes, and in my view, "what if" can predict on the line-up of teams that are just one step away from entering the tournament.Such as if Japan's "Never forget Doha" did not happen, who would be chosen to US. It is not easy to predict, because some players would not go to championship even if they are key of the team, such as Japan's Miura in 1998 World Cup qulifiers. It can get a lot of discussions, especially in some controversial play at that time.

Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:47 am

Bola Clássica wrote:
Kolektivitet wrote:
boban wrote:

"What if" teams can be done even with successful teams.

For example, imagine Brazil 70 with Dirceu Lopes, Ademir da Guia and Edu Coimbra?

It would be an extreme powerful team to play in game.

That's also a good case, imagine Cruyff, Van Beveren & W.Van der Kuijlen for Holland 78 (even Van Hanegem), or even that ridiculous rule that Yugoslavia had where, when a player left the country to play in a different league, he wouldn't be included in the squad...such as Velibor Vasovic (then captain of the best Ajax in history) and similar players...

Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

Kolektivitet wrote:
That's also a good case, imagine Cruyff, Van Beveren & W.Van der Kuijlen for Holland 78 (even Van Hanegem), or even that ridiculous rule that Yugoslavia had where, when a player left the country to play in a different league, he wouldn't be included in the squad...such as Velibor Vasovic (then captain of the best Ajax in history) and similar players...

Brazil had the same rule... it happened with Julinho Botelho, Evaristo de Macedo and others that couldnt play for the NT.

Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:28 pm
Profile WWW

Not the first time but still: WTF United? If Onana wouldn't have saved the penalty against Copenhagen, then it would already be over for them..
Edit: It has already been said but it needs to be repeated. So good to finally have the world's best CF on our team again 8-)

Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:16 pm

Kane is unbelievably good, I don't think there's ever been a CF with such a combination of scoring and playmaking abilities. Hopefully with almost guaranteed trophies at Bayern he'll finally get the recognition in world football that he deserved when he was playing for Spurs. He has the ability to win the Ballon d'Or.

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:09 pm

Moldova and Kazakhstan have the chance of their lives. They qualify to Euro 2024 if they win their last match in Czech Republic and Slovenia respectively. A hard task for both, that's for sure. Kazakhstan can also qualify through UEFA Nations League play-offs and so can Luxembourg. The improvement of these three teams in comparison to the last two qualifying campaigns (UEFA Euro 2020 and World Cup 2022) is quite surprising.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:26 pm

I’m rooting hard for Luxembourg, it would be amazing to see them at a tournament. They came very close in 1964 so hopefully they get the chance now.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:38 pm

To the makers of this WONDERFUL forum/web site PES I MITI DEL CALCIO. THANK YOU! Thank you for doing an excellent job in bringinging soccer of all times in the World of PES! You will always have my full support. Your data information of all the Historical soccer players are 120% accurate and has been huge for my personal mod for PES 2016. My mod PES 2016 Legendary Players. Over 600+ historical players in the game and they all have your stats. You can check it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBBvklT3kI . You are great and keep up the good work. There are some players that you keep locked still with hidden stats such as Michael Laudrup, Beckenbauer... would be nice to have access to them ;). Grazie molto! Siete bravissimi!!!!!
Sincerely, nonnogol ... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAL!

Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:49 pm

So we qualified with 2 games to go, and then tactically secured a place in pot 3 instead of pot 2 to get an easier group stage draw :lol:

I have no idea how these pots were calculated, but getting something like Belgium/Albania/Moldova would be hilarious. Meanwhile some unlucky pot 2 team could end up with France/Croatia/Switzerland.

Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:05 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
I have no idea how these pots were calculated, but getting something like Belgium/Albania/Moldova would be hilarious. Meanwhile some unlucky pot 2 team could end up with France/Croatia/Switzerland.

The order is sorted by final position in the qualifying group and total points, but the wins against the last placed team don't count for six-team groups. The teams in pot 1 and 2 all came first in their qualifying groups apart from the host Germany. The only runner-up in pot 2 is Austria as the second placed team that made the highest number of points. Slovakia technically has 3 more points but was featured in a six-team group. Therefore, the matches against the last in the group, in this case Liechtenstein, aren't considered.

Then we have the play-offs that are determined via Nations League overall ranking. Poland and Wales are likely going to be the only two teams from the League A (I can't see Croatia losing to Armenia in the last qualifying match). Czech Republic could also have to qualify through play-offs if they lose against Moldova. Many teams from League B and C didn't qualify through the Euro qualifiers, so they'll have another chance in the play-offs. Which means no team from League D can take part to the play-offs, I believe. If that's the case, Moldova can go to Euro 2024 only by beating Czech Republic.

Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147 ... 150  Next