It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Amazing performance from City, especially Dias and Stones, they have been fantastic together this season. I really can't see Madrid or Chelsea beating them if they play like that.

Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm

Kimpembe, Verratti... Are you angry, lads? :lol:

Tue May 04, 2021 8:59 pm

El Capo wrote:
Kimpembe, Verratti... Are you angry, lads? :lol:

That Kimpembe tackle was awful, lol. And for Verratti to dive in like that about 30 seconds after getting a yellow card...

PSG will never win the CL like this, they need less hotheads like Neymar and Di Maria, look at De Bruyne, he was calming down his teammates and leading by example. PSG had 10 red cards this season so far. City have had 1. The difference in maturity is massive.

Tue May 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Today's the day :mrgreen:

Wed May 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Well Zizou, you brought this to yourself due to your blind confidence on players that are just walking out of the hospital.

Wed May 05, 2021 9:12 pm

And I really thought that Liverpool - Tottenham would be the most irrelevant final in UCL history lol
Don't get me wrong, both deserve to be in the final but no one can tell me that this final brings out excitement to any neutral fan on the planet...

Wed May 05, 2021 9:30 pm

There's Monaco V Porto for you :lol:

Wed May 05, 2021 11:23 pm

It's always disappointing to have two teams from the same league in the final (they'll have played each other 4 times already by the end of this season), but I'd honestly rather see a final like this than another boring combination of Real Madrid/Barcelona/Atletico/Juve/Bayern. Of course City will be big favourites but Tuchel is a very impressive tactician and beat City only a few weeks ago, so he will definitely make it interesting.

Thu May 06, 2021 2:46 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
It's always disappointing to have two teams from the same league in the final (they'll have played each other 4 times already by the end of this season), but I'd honestly rather see a final like this than another boring combination of Real Madrid/Barcelona/Atletico/Juve/Bayern. Of course City will be big favourites but Tuchel is a very impressive tactician and beat City only a few weeks ago, so he will definitely make it interesting.

Then you have the Madrid Derby spread over 4 consecutive Champions League seasons combined with Copa del Rey games, the 2 Liga matches per season, Supercopa de España, :lol:

Thu May 06, 2021 3:14 am

El Capo wrote:
There's Monaco V Porto for you :lol:

I totally forgot about that one :lol:

StuartBannigan wrote:
It's always disappointing to have two teams from the same league in the final (they'll have played each other 4 times already by the end of this season), but I'd honestly rather see a final like this than another boring combination of Real Madrid/Barcelona/Atletico/Juve/Bayern.

I can understand the point with Juve and Athletico but you can't be serious if you take City-Chelsea over the eternal classic of European football, Real vs. Bayern. It simply doesn't get bigger than that.

Thu May 06, 2021 11:43 am

Well, Real Madrid and Bayern have 19 European Cups between them, City and Chelsea have 1. At least this will be something new and different. I have little attachment to the very biggest clubs (Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juventus etc.), last decade was so boring just seeing them playing each other over and over again in the semi finals every season.

Thu May 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Has to be the most boring UCL of the last times. Nevertheless it was quite a reasonable outcome since most teams faced economic challenges so the finalists meant to be those who were able to spend more. Chelsea saved the day hiring Tuchel, who managed not only to maintain the attacking spirit Frank wanted to apply, but also dropped their expected Goals Against to half. Frank was too poor for the quality of the roster. It's also interesting to see the managers Tuchel has beaten since taking over Chelsea: Simeone, Zizou, Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho.
Concerning the other teams, Real is a team who will take full advantage of the opponent's mistakes and at the same time won't be punished for their own (some considered 2-0 was a generous defeat). I won't be surprised to see them clinching La Liga. Guardiola's Man City has shown some excellent physical and tactical attributes, being less spectacular, but more essential. And of course Pep seems to have luck on his side as well this year (see the goals at Paris). PSG were my favourites this year since the very beggining, but the stars didn't step up and the team acted like sore losers in a manner.

Fri May 07, 2021 4:29 pm

So guys, did actually Real played 3-5-2 against Chelsea?? With Vinícius as RWB?
The first 30 mn to me (before I had to go out and couldn't finish watching the game), they looked to have played a unbalanced 4-4-2 with Ramos-Nacho as CBs, Militão-Mendy as SBs, the classic midfield trio + Vinícius as RMF and Hazard hovering behind Benzema as SS.
I must be the only person who believe they played with a shitty back four

Fri May 07, 2021 6:26 pm

Hey, at least the title was kept in Madrid. :lol:

Sat May 22, 2021 7:30 pm

El Capo wrote:
Hey, at least the title was kept in Madrid. :lol:

Just imagine forcing Suarez to leave your club only to see that your club rebuild is shit while he's still a decisive player and wins the title with his new club lol
Btw:

29 games - 41 goals - 1 record that seemed to be unbreakable. It can only be repeated again: The by far best CF of this century. There's no one - not Henry, not RvN, not Ibra, not Suarez - who can claim this spot ahead of Lewy.

Sat May 22, 2021 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 149  Next