It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

His offensive abilities have already improved a lot this season, and he's still only 22. He's a good dribbler, just needs to work on his crossing which he has more than enough time to do. And talking about only defensive abilities, he's maybe even the best full back in the world, on either side.

Saying they should have bought Davies is pure hindsight, absolutely nobody thought a 18 year old winger from MLS would immediately step in and become one of the best fullbacks in the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if United were comfortably in the top 4 next season, these "overpriced" players have made them the most in-form team in England in 2020, if they get Sancho their attack will be terrifying for any team to face, after that they just need a DM, CB, LB and maybe a new goalkeeper and they'll be in a position to challenge for the title again. Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Fernandes, Maguire, Greenwood and Wan Bissaka are all very good (or better) and young enough to build a team around.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:53 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
His offensive abilities have already improved a lot this season, and he's still only 22. He's a good dribbler, just needs to work on his crossing which he has more than enough time to do. And talking about only defensive abilities, he's maybe even the best full back in the world, on either side.

So a potential improvement over the next years in crossing (that is barely average atm) is enough to make him the most expensive RB in the world? He certainly doesn't belong to the best players on his position and especially compared to other fees (Hakimi costed Inter 45 mio, Pavard 35 mio and Kimmich only 8,5 mio) Wan Bissaka's fee is certainly overpriced.

Quote:
Saying they should have bought Davies is pure hindsight, absolutely nobody thought a 18 year old winger from MLS would immediately step in and become one of the best fullbacks in the world.

Absolute bullshit, Davies certainly was never just an 18 year old winger from MLS ::) Even at the age of 16 it was already clear that he was certainly more than that. Jorge Alvial (former United scout) wrote over 40 reports over Davies and recommended them to sign him. But why spend 2 millions on Davies (or even the 10 mios that Bayern paid two years later) when you can throw away hundreds of millions on players that all fail to keep their form from their former clubs (to only name a few: Pogba, Blind, Depay, Schneiderlin, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez etc)?

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if United were comfortably in the top 4 next season, these "overpriced" players have made them the most in-form team in England in 2020,

How many titles they won exactly? Zero. This is all that counts. I doubt that a single United fan gives a fuck about beeing "the most in-form team" when the silverware goes to Liverpool, City and even Arsenal.

Quote:
if they get Sancho their attack will be terrifying for any team to face,

It's very unlikely that Sancho is sold this summer and even if a transfer happens, then they'll have to pay at least 120 Mio for him what again proves what I told above: if United had given Sancho a better perspective in 2017 (when they were interested in him as well), then I'm pretty sure that he would have never gone to Germany.

Quote:
after that they just need a DM, CB, LB and maybe a new goalkeeper and they'll be in a position to challenge for the title again. Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Fernandes, Maguire, Greenwood and Wan Bissaka are all very good (or better) and young enough to build a team around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Imagine spending 362 Mio on five players (including 105 mio on Pogba who is useless in 80% of the games) and still needing to buy more players to be "competive" again. The case with United is simple: They throw the money away for players that are overpriced but miss out on the players that are actually worth their money (like Haaland for example).

Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Man Red needs to invest that amount of money on finding a way to clone Ferguson. :lol:

On a positive note, they ended the season relatively well considering how they were slumping below the 4th place., of course they are still no match to go to distance with Man Blue and Merseyside Red for the EPL.

I'm still waiting for Rashford and Martial to exploit lol.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Well, final step: beating Sevilla.

P.S. Two goals and an assist from both Lautaro and Lukaku. Now I want two goals from Martínez in the final as well, after 10 years, like Diego Milito.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Pogba isn’t useless in that many games, he was their best player by far last season and he looks revived since Fernandes has joined. Wouldn’t be surprised at all of next season he’s back to his best, the Pogba - Matic- Fernandes midfield has looked great. Some of those signings were just unfortunate, it’s impossibke to predict if a player will live up to their price tag, I mean look at Di Maria, he went from an absolutely world class season to getting benched by Ashley Young. Same with Pogba, United thought they were buying a world class midfielder. It’s very easy to say with hindsight that guys like Depay and Lukaku were bad signings but they made perfect sense at the time, at least as much as someone like Haaland. United could have bought him and he ended up being rubbish for them. After all it’s not only United that make bad signings, I’m sure Bayern also scouted Renato Sanches and Lucas Hernandez a lot and they look like they have no future at the club.

It’s not easy at all to rebuild after Ferguson left. Just look at all the other examples of legendary managers leaving and clubs going off the deep end. I don’t know why people expect absolutely instant results. Only one team can win each trophy, and United are far from the only team spending a lot of money. City and Liverpool both got about 100 points last season. What should United have done, got 105 points? I swear if people were this demanding all the time, Ferguson would have been sacked in 1988 or whatever. Also, United have at least won the Europa League recently. That’s not nothing at all. Ferguson had trophyless seasons too. And obviously no United fan cares about the FA Cup, it barely counts as a major trophy these days.

I don’t even like United but people really need to be more patient. They’re competing against two of the strongest teams in English history domestically, have basically had to rebuild their entire club from top to bottom, and people are expecting them to go out and break 100 points and win the Champions League? That’s crazy. Right now, they need to lock down players that 1. want to play for them and 2. are good enough to build around going forward. Of course no United fan thinks Ed Woodward is a good director of football, but they’re much closer to being back at the top than people think they are.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:52 pm

See guys, Ney only has to stay healthy. :lol:

Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:20 pm

Quote:
Same with Pogba, United thought they were buying a world class midfielder.

A world class midfielder who wasn't able to carry a team at Juventus, it was obvious that he wouldn't become better in that aspect at United. For the fee of 105 mio I expect far more from a player than shining against low level teams from the second half of the league.

Quote:
United could have bought him and he ended up being rubbish for them. After all it’s not only United that make bad signings, I’m sure Bayern also scouted Renato Sanches and Lucas Hernandez a lot and they look like they have no future at the club.

Are you fucking kidding me? You're seriously comparing Bayern to United in terms of big transfer flops? Sorry but that's plain stupid. Apart from the fact that Sanches has no future at Bayern because he already left the club (damn, who cares about such simple facts) no one will deny that Lucas has been a flop so far and will most likely remain so. The difference is that United has produced way more of those expensive flops in the last years and spent way more money on useless players while Bayern signed a lot of excellent players on small fees. United pays 59 millions for Fred, our starting midfield of Thiago/Kimmich/Goretzka costed 53,5 millions - all together. And it's not just them, transfers like Gnabry (8 millions), Lewandowski (10 millions bonus money for him, no fee at all) or Davies (10 millions) are another reason why we're easily two classes higher than United despite having no American sugar daddy at all..
If Bayern would "work" like United, then our club would have been forced to declare bankruptcy already :roll:

Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:40 pm

Do you seriously think I'm arguing that Bayern aren't run better than United? Obviously every club looks bad when you compare their decisions to Bayern, only Liverpool are close to being as well managed. I was just using Sanches and Lucas as examples that it really isn't easy to choose the right players to buy. Signings like Di Maria, Lukaku, Pogba etc. made perfect sense at the time: proven players at their peak. What you're basically saying is: "Why did they buy players that didn't play well for them instead of buying players that would have played well for them?" as if they can see into the future.

Also the financial situations are completely different. United can't buy a single player from the Premier League for under 25 million, whereas Bayern basically have their pick of Bundesliga players for cheap. Everybody knows United have cash to burn, they can demand extortionate amounts. What club in their right mind would let any player go to United for 5 million when they can demand 35 million, knowing that United have no choice but to pay it? Not to mention that Bayern compete with absolutely nobody in Germany for signing players. Whereas for every promising English player, there are 6 other clubs in the league competing for their signature. They need homegrown players, but more importantly they need good homegrown players (a small amount of players when shared between all of the top English clubs), which is why they have to throw huge sums of money at guys like Wan Bissaka or Maguire, whereas Bayern can just let any German player run down their contract and join for free because they know they have no competition in the market. Do you really think United could get a NT standard, homegrown, 21 year old player of Süle's quality for £18m like Bayern did? Of course not, that would cost United £70m. Or could they just have their main league competitor's best player run down their contract and join them for free like Bayern did? Is it plausible for United to expect De Bruyne or Hazard or whatever to just join them for free? Just look at this, then look at this. Yes, because that totally looks like a very fair and balanced situation, Bayern are clearly forced to look for bargains because they can't compete otherwise. Their wage bill is even higher than United's...

Also it's laughable to say that United have an American sugar daddy. All the Glazers do is take money out the club to buy yachts and stuff, they don't care about the club at all. Their revenue comes from their huge marketing and sponsorship deals, not from the owner's investments.

Nobody is going to argue that United have done a great job since Ferguson left. All I'm saying is that it's very easy for a Bayern fan to criticise. Bayern can take absolutely zero risks whatsoever and still have a comfortable place at the top in Germany. United can just have a few weak transfer windows and suddenly they're finishing 7th. Bayern compete with absolutely nobody in Germany, on or off the pitch. A player that costs Bayern 10 million costs United 50 million. They can't even buy Championship players for under £10m. It's impossible to look at Bayern and United's business deals in a vacuum and completely ignore the context. To put it in PES terms, Bayern play with Master League difficulty on easy, United play on hard.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:39 am

If you don't do it, they do it to you :lol: :x

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:57 pm

El Capo wrote:
If you don't do it, they do it to you :lol: :x

Guess today we saw why OL scored "only" 14 goals this UCL season :D

Regarding the game itself: The game actually started in the exact way I had feared it would happen. Lyon relied on their speed and used it to go past our high-standing defence line. Before Gnabry scored that excellent goal we could have easily been 0:2 down and it would have been a deserved lead for Lyon. After Gnabry scored the second one (crazy miss by Lewy before), things looked safer before Lyon again started to attack in second half - without scoring of course.
Btw, what a performance by Aouar today, in terms of technique but also because of his amazing energy on the left side over the full 90 minutes. Hopefully Bayern officials had an eye on him today, with Thiago leaving he could be a perfect replacement for him..
And before I forget it:

Spoiler: show

Let's all remind ourselves that this young man was considered to be not good enough for top flight football by both Arsenal and WBA, sold by Arsenal to Werder for 5 millions (after an excellent Olympic tournament) and ultimately bought by Bayern for 8 millions. Guess that class can be bought even for small amount of money.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:33 pm

I always like to mention that "experts" from Arsenal estimated that Gnabry isn't good enough :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 pm

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1 ... 3790014465

80 millions man finally learns to tackle and fight - too bad that it was outside the pitch and of course he was outplayed by some local no-name-players :lol:

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:12 am

Deserved win by Sevilla. We'll try next year in Champions League.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:56 pm

I'm certainly no Sevilla fan but how can you not love Jesus Navas? 13 years after his first two EL wins with the club he raises the trophy as captain, wearing Antonio Puerta's shirt number 16. What a legend.
Still feel sorry for Lukaku, Big Rom certainly would have deserved to win it too and was unfortunate in his last two actions today. Anyway it was mainly him who carried Inter to this final, unfortunately some of his team mates couldn't do the same for him today.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
3) Lukaku is still a beast and far better than his sidekick Lautaro (don't know why Barca despairingly wants to sign him, wasted money IMO).

I can only quote myself here as it was proven again today.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:35 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
3) Lukaku is still a beast and far better than his sidekick Lautaro (don't know why Barca despairingly wants to sign him, wasted money IMO).

I can only quote myself here as it was proven again today.

The own goal was very unfortunate. I wonder why in that situation there wasn't a defender who, maybe, would have had the thought of not hitting the ball. I mean, Lukaku as striker might have had the instinct to kick the ball no matter what.
Regarding Lautaro, his performance today was really underwhelming and disappointing. We basically played one man down in attack.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 149  Next