It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 149  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

The worst thing about Barcelona tonight is that they were lucky to only concede 8 :lol:

Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:52 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
The worst thing about Barcelona tonight is that they were lucky to only concede 8 :lol:

*The best. :mrgreen:

Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:55 pm

It´s kinda strange but right now I don´t feel that bad about the 7x1. At least we had Bernard, Dante and Luiz Gustavo back then instead of Messi, Suárez and Griezmann. :lol:

Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm

So, I heard there was a CL game yesterday evening? :D

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:49 pm

It was a close match indeed, Bayern had to sweat a lot. :ugeek:

Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:19 pm

El Capo wrote:
It was a close match indeed, Bayern had to sweat a lot. :ugeek:

Well we certainly didn't deliver a "perfect" game, neither in attack (considering the amount of wasted chances) or in defence. Barca was IMO even better after their lucky equalizer but then couldn't add a second goal (what would have likely given the game another direction). But yeah, after Perisic, Gnabry and Müller made it 4:1 the game was basically done, everything afterwards (even the 2:4) was just a bonus.
But no matter how that UCL tournament ends, this match will be remembered for decades: because of the ten goals, because it marks the last chapter of one of the best ever club teams and because of this:

Anyway, so far nothing is won, two more games to do.
And before I forget it: If anyone ever dares to compare ter Stegen with Neuer again => no, just no.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Josep can't push City to the semis even if the quarterinal is Manchester City Vs 16-18 guys from the village where I live. :mrgreen:

Funny how the semifinalists come from 2 leagues that are heavily underrated because PSG and Bayern are often 2-3 gears above the rest of the squads.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Well Lyon weren’t even good in Ligue 1 lol, they finished 7th and were joint on points with 8th and 9th place. I don’t think they can be called underrated for being terrible for 90% of the season and then pulling off two consecutive miracles :lol:

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 pm

El Capo wrote:
Funny how the semifinalists come from 2 leagues that are heavily underrated because PSG and Bayern are often 2-3 gears above the rest of the squads.

I find it even more surprising/impressive that two semi-finalists come from the group that many (including myself) considered as the "weakest" in the competition (RB - Lyon - Benfica - Zenit).

StuartBannigan wrote:
Well Lyon weren’t even good in Ligue 1 lol, they finished 7th and were joint on points with 8th and 9th place. I don’t think they can be called underrated for being terrible for 90% of the season and then pulling off two consecutive miracles :lol:

He didn't call Lyon underrated, he meant Bundesliga and Ligue 1 in general. And he's right considering how often fans from England, Spain and even Italy speak negative of those two other leagues or try to debase the archievements of PSG and Bayern because their leagues are allegedly so weak :roll:

Couldn't agree more with "Donatello" here, maybe the outcome of this tournaments finally brings some respect back for both Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Excellent job Les Gones :D
When UEFA didn't want to ban them from competition, someone else had to.
I think they should invest another billion in around 5-7 players, just to be sure. :lol:

Quote:
I find it even more surprising/impressive that two semi-finalists come from the group that many (including myself) considered as the "weakest" in the competition (RB - Lyon - Benfica - Zenit).

The same thing I said to my friends.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Wonder if Pep heard Bernardo Silva trash talking Barça yesterday lol, why didn't the Portuguese played today anyway?? :lol: did he thought the changes he doesn't make counts as goals at the end of the game? :lol: :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:40 pm
Amministratore

Guardiola :lol: :lol: :lol:
The most overrated coach in football history.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:27 am

Just imagine investing 177 mio € in two overpriced CBs and one overpriced RB (not even mentioning United's other overpriced signings in midfield and attack) only to be beaten by a 35 years old Jesus Navas and Luuk de Jong who scored only 6 goals in La Liga this season.
Some things are simply priceless. Guess United will sue the UEFA now, how can the ref give them just one penalty in a game? How is the club supposed to have a chance to win if not by multiple Bruno Fernandes penalty goals?

Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:03 pm

Wan Bissaka wasn't overpriced, he's an excellent player and will be their starting right back for the next 10 years. Obviously they shouldn't be going out with how much they've spent but I don't think there's any shame in any team losing to Sevilla in the Europa League...

Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:55 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Wan Bissaka wasn't overpriced, he's an excellent player and will be their starting right back for the next 10 years. Obviously they shouldn't be going out with how much they've spent but I don't think there's any shame in any team losing to Sevilla in the Europa League...

Of course he was overpriced, a RB from another league (for example BL/Ligue 1/Serie) with such limits in offensive abilities would have costed probably half of that price and except for the PL clubs no European top club would have payed 58 million for that guy..
Excellent RBs are guys like TAA, Carvajal and Kimmich (who played almost the whole season as CMF and directly returned to WC mode on the right side). I personally see Wan Bissaka on the same level as Walker, Hakimi, Pavard and Meunier, only big difference is that the last three aren't hyped that much because they don't play in PL..

But I have no problem with that: If United continues to invest the millions from Sky and Glazer on overpriced English players while ignoring their own talent scouts (they could have easily signed a certain Canadian wonderkid when he his market value was 2 million €), then I'm pretty sure that the club won't return to the top of English football in the next years, no matter how many "excellent" players they'll sign for big money.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 149  Next