It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 148  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
3) Lukaku is still a beast and far better than his sidekick Lautaro (don't know why Barca despairingly wants to sign him, wasted money IMO).

I can only quote myself here as it was proven again today.

The own goal was very unfortunate. I wonder why in that situation there wasn't a defender who, maybe, would have had the thought of not hitting the ball. I mean, Lukaku as striker might have had the instinct to kick the ball no matter what.

I don't think that it has something to do with him beeing a striker, I think most players would have put their foot there. In such situations it's a matter of seconds that decide the outcome - from his position you can't see that fast if the ball really goes past the goal or in the corner - and ultimately his instinct made him raise his foot to block the shot. If the ball had gone in the corner with Lukaku doing nothing he would have probably been criticized for not attemptimg to block the shot..

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Neymar mamagüeboooo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:05 pm

That match looked like what happens when a team of white MEN players play against a team of orange/red MEN players, lol.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:08 pm

El Capo wrote:
Neymar mamagüeboooo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll never understand why he apparently needs to "dive" and "cry" at almost every phyiscal contact - he would be an even better footballer if he stopped acting like that.

StuartBannigan wrote:
That match looked like what happens when a team of white MEN players play against a team of orange/red MEN players, lol.

Not all PSG players were bad, IMO especially Marquinhos was fantastic today (reminded me a bit of Martinez vs. Dortmund in 2013), same goes for di Maria (wouldn't have subbed him out) and Bernat.
About our team:
I could now write several posts to express how proud I am of each player but I make it short: Heroes - all of them. and legends of our club. No matter if the final games of that UCL were played without spectators - that night in Lisbon will live forever. One of the best teams to ever win UCL - probably even the most dominant one.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:12 pm

If Messi really leaves Barcelona for Man City like it's being reported (by Marcelo Bechler, one of the most reliable Barca journalists) that would be hilarious.

Although I could totally understand the decision. He's been dragging Barca's rotting corpse around for years, and they've finally gotten to the point where even he can't save them. Instead he can go to a club where he can play under his favourite manager, next to his best friend Aguero, in a new league with new challenges, and ambitious owners and teammates, with the potential to take them to new heights. I respect taking risks like that so late into his career when he could have just gave up and retired. It'll definitely be interesting to watch Messi in a completely new environment, hopefully we can see him enjoying playing football again.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:39 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
If Messi really leaves Barcelona for Man City like it's being reported (by Marcelo Bechler, one of the most reliable Barca journalists) that would be hilarious.

Although I could totally understand the decision. He's been dragging Barca's rotting corpse around for years, and they've finally gotten to the point where even he can't save them. Instead he can go to a club where he can play under his favourite manager, next to his best friend Aguero, in a new league with new challenges, and ambitious owners and teammates, with the potential to take them to new heights. I respect taking risks like that so late into his career when he could have just gave up and retired. It'll definitely be interesting to watch Messi in a completely new environment, hopefully we can see him enjoying playing football again.

Well the move is understandable from a sporting perspective but if he really leaves Barca now (during one of Barca's biggest crises ever), then he certainly destroys a part of his legacy there.
Of course Messi fanboys will now say that Bartomeu is the problem but he certainly isn't the only problem there - it's also Messi. Messi may have "dragged" Barca for years but he also disappointed in big games where his team needed him the most. And another thing: Maybe Barca would have dared to slaughter some of their "holy cows" (=> Suarez, Busquets, Pique, Alba) one or two years earlier to make space for new players but I'm pretty sure that the club didn't want to make Messi (who's a good friend of all four guys and has been playing with them for years) angry.
On the other side Bartomeu and other Barca officials of course played their part as well by signing questionable coaches and players for a lot of money instead of relying on La Masia (although this improved this season again).
=> To sum it up: Messi's decision is understandable but he certainly has contributed a lot himself to that situation.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:44 am

No player in history has turned up in every big game they played in. Not Maradona, or Cruyff, or Di Stefano, or Pelé, or Beckenbauer. Don’t know why Messi is somehow expected to win every single tournament he enters or is otherwise considered a failure, and is the only one held responsible for it. Messi has given everything to Barcelona, I can’t see why leaving now would hurt his legacy. He’s been at the club for 20 years. I don’t see why he should waste the last years of his career just to “secure” his legacy at a club where he’s scored over 600 goals (imagine if people said that Pelé ruined his legacy at Santos by joining the Cosmos, lol). Actually if him leaving causes the board to resign then that’s probably the best thing he can do to save the club. Now Barca can completely rebuild.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Quote:
Don’t know why Messi is somehow expected to win every single tournament he enters or is otherwise considered a failure, and is the only one held responsible for it.

I think that it is because he's the best ever.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:08 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
No player in history has turned up in every big game they played in. Not Maradona, or Cruyff, or Di Stefano, or Pelé, or Beckenbauer. Don’t know why Messi is somehow expected to win every single tournament he enters or is otherwise considered a failure, and is the only one held responsible for it.

What's the purpose of that statement? I didn't compare him to any of those guys, I just pointed out the fact that Messi nowadays doesn't decide big games like he used to do in his prime. I didn't even say that this something special about Messi alone or said that he should have shined in all of those games, so please stop making stuff up about things I never said :roll:

Quote:
Messi has given everything to Barcelona, I can’t see why leaving now would hurt his legacy. He’s been at the club for 20 years. I don’t see why he should waste the last years of his career just to “secure” his legacy at a club where he’s scored over 600 goals (imagine if people said that Pelé ruined his legacy at Santos by joining the Cosmos, lol).

Pelé ended his career at Santos in 1974 and came out of retirement to play of Santos because he needed money. In what parallel universe is this situation comparable to Messi?
Messi on the other hand wants to leave for three reasons:
1) His personal feud with Bartomeu and the Barcelona board.
2) Because he was told by Koeman that there won't be any privileges in the Barca team anymore (not even mentioning that one of Koeman's first decisions was to kick Messi's buddy Suarez out of the team).
3) Getting hammered by Bayern in UCL and winning no trophy for the first time since 2008.
And the point about ruining his legacy: His wish for a transfer is not the reason why he ruins part of his legacy - it's the way how he does it. If he actually wanted to have a new "challenge" or leave because of other sporting reasons, then he could have easily left the club for no transfer fee by activating his exit clause until the last of June. But he didn't do it and now still wants to profit from it - funnily enough not directly after the UCL exit but after Koeman was appointed manager and decided to make some unpopular decisions.
As I already said: I can understand his decision but the way how he does it is simply unworthy - for both him and Barcelona.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Anybody here use the 23 limit in All Star teams so exactly? I like that limit bc is more "natural" but with great teams (Barcelona, Inter...) may be a bit difficult.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:40 am

Every all star team has a limit of 23 players in the first team.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:43 am

Footballia is on :D

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:23 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/DFB_Team_EN/ ... 1174018048

lmao

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:42 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/2010MisterCh ... 55/photo/1

Ronaldinho => Neymar
Ter Stegen => Víctor Valdés

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Sucks be a Ferrari fan right now. :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 148  Next