It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 148  Next
 Free Area 

This Thread is devoted to Off topic.

Use this topic to talk about everything, in order to avoid clogging the other threads..

Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

Milos wrote:
I can only say that all of you are lucky that you're not Partizan fans.

I'm an Inter but as well a Cagliari fan and despite having a team that could be capable to be among the first ten positions, we're probably going to be relegated. :lol:

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:36 pm

This was another Champions League Classic, brought to you by Heineken.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:54 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
El Capo wrote:
If it as Porto, P$G, $ity or Chel$ea, I wouldn't have minded a QF exit.

Well Real was certainly put in the "easier" part and can finally take revenge for both 1971 and 1981 :lol:

Time to payback the 1971 & 1998 defeats. :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:07 pm

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/sta ... 9680022533

In case it's true: Imagine founding a super league where half of the clubs aren't even top clubs lol
I mean, what the hell are Milan, Inter, Arsenal and Tottenham supposed to do in such a league? Playing against the big clubs when their first squad isn't available?

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:23 pm

In the last 3 years, Juventus have been eliminated from the CL by Ajax, Lyon and Porto. None of them are considered “glamorous” enough for the Super League that Agnelli wants. I guess if you can’t beat those teams on the pitch, you have to beat them off the pitch instead...

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Stuart, you literally commented in the same manner as I would.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:03 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
In the last 3 years, Juventus have been eliminated from the CL by Ajax, Lyon and Porto. None of them are considered “glamorous” enough for the Super League that Agnelli wants. I guess if you can’t beat those teams on the pitch, you have to beat them off the pitch instead...

"Let's make a league of teams that have been mostly crap at European level in the last years" (with a few exceptions).
Wouldn't the name Whiners League be more appropriate? :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:08 pm

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... -premier-/

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/premier ... hehxnn21m1

I'd like to say now that UEFA brings out the big guns but this is even beyond that lol

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:31 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0268-12121411400e-7897186e699a-1000--statement-by-uefa-the-english-football-association-the-premier-/

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/premier ... hehxnn21m1

I'd like to say now that UEFA brings out the big guns but this is even beyond that lol

In all honesty, I would sanction those clubs who suggested or considered the suggestion of this monstruosity of league.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Konami Cup at its finest. :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm

At least Bayern, Dortmund and (surprisingly) PSG are taking a stand against this nonsense. And I'm happy that both the British and French governments have condemned it.

I guess it will come down to the players and the fans in the end. Would the players give away the chance to play international football to join this league? Somehow I doubt it, especially the South Americans that play in Europe. And no domestic fans support this idea, sure some clubs can basically give zero fucks about their domestic fans (Chelsea for example), but a team like Barca is owned and governed by their fans, and the fans just got rid of their president a few months ago. They wouldn't tolerate something like this, there's too much history lost. And for clubs like Spurs and Arsenal, the fans have nothing to gain, they have zero chance of ever winning this league. At least with the current format they have both reached a CL final in the last 15 years. Why would they want to see their team go from regularly winning to hoping that they can scrape a few wins every year against teams they have no history with? If they wanted to watch that they could just go watch Leyton Orient instead.

Amazing games like the Bayern vs PSG tie were special because they are so rare and important. Reducing a game like that to a regular occasion where the stakes wouldn't even be that high (just two games out of a long season) would just take the excitement out of it. It would be like making the World Cup a yearly event with just the 8 teams that have won the competition. It's already disappointing enough seeing the same few teams in the later stages of the CL every year, this would just make it so much worse.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:23 pm

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/ ... 3300077569

By far the best statement regarding that whole bullshit.
Btw, it's 22:53 now, still waiting for the big statement that was supposed to arrive at 22:30..

Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Now UEFA and FIFA must show that they have cojones. Every club and player in superleague should be excluded from UEFA and FIFA competition.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd kick out all semifinalists from CL and EL who are participating in superleague. So, new European champion would be, ironically enough, PSG, and EL final would have been played between Roma and Villarreal.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Milos wrote:
Now UEFA and FIFA must show that they have cojones. Every club and player in superleague should be excluded from UEFA and FIFA competition.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd kick out all semifinalists from CL and EL who are participating in superleague. So, new European champion would be, ironically enough, PSG, and EL final would have been played between Roma and Villarreal.

That's what I was talking about when I said "sanctioned". And yes, you made a good point.
If this league is created, the sanctions should start from the clubs actually competing in Champions League and Europa League.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:26 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
At least Bayern, Dortmund and (surprisingly) PSG are taking a stand against this nonsense. And I'm happy that both the British and French governments have condemned it.

I guess it will come down to the players and the fans in the end. Would the players give away the chance to play international football to join this league? Somehow I doubt it, especially the South Americans that play in Europe. And no domestic fans support this idea, sure some clubs can basically give zero fucks about their domestic fans (Chelsea for example), but a team like Barca is owned and governed by their fans, and the fans just got rid of their president a few months ago. They wouldn't tolerate something like this, there's too much history lost. And for clubs like Spurs and Arsenal, the fans have nothing to gain, they have zero chance of ever winning this league. At least with the current format they have both reached a CL final in the last 15 years. Why would they want to see their team go from regularly winning to hoping that they can scrape a few wins every year against teams they have no history with? If they wanted to watch that they could just go watch Leyton Orient instead.

Amazing games like the Bayern vs PSG tie were special because they are so rare and important. Reducing a game like that to a regular occasion where the stakes wouldn't even be that high (just two games out of a long season) would just take the excitement out of it. It would be like making the World Cup a yearly event with just the 8 teams that have won the competition. It's already disappointing enough seeing the same few teams in the later stages of the CL every year, this would just make it so much worse.

Exactly. I'm quite confident this crap is some serious blackmailing and at the end UEFA will find a way to satisfy their desires. Otherwise I expect fans to boycott this.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 2218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 148  Next