Knut BRYNILDSEN
Arne Larsen ØKLAND
Jostein FLO
Jan Åge FJØRTOFT
Steffen IVERSEN
John CAREW
Ole Gunnar SOLSKJÆR
Sigurd RUSHFELDT

Last edited by 27DONI72 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 pm
Amministratore

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Asbjørn HALVORSEN should be in first team..

Who should replace?

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:07 pm
Amministratore

Ok, what other members think about this change?

I suggest also Tore André FLO in place of Ole Gunnar SOLSKJÆR, I think Flonaldo has been more important for Norway NT.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:16 pm

No Johnsen, he could replace Harald Berg...Agree for Flo..

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Amministratore

Asbjørn HALVORSEN moved in first team in place of Harald BERG.
Tore André FLO moved in first team in place of Ole Gunnar SOLSKJÆR.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 pm

IMO needs updated.
some infos: https://sportmob.com/en/article/912778- ... f-all-time
https://eu-football.info/_players.php?id=149
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... ootballers
http://cfernandoblog.blogspot.com/2016/ ... toria.html
Solskjær must be among the 23.
Martin Ødegaard and Haaland may be among the 23 also because they are future promises...

Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:56 pm

luti65 wrote:
IMO needs updated.
some infos: https://sportmob.com/en/article/912778- ... f-all-time
https://eu-football.info/_players.php?id=149
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... ootballers
http://cfernandoblog.blogspot.com/2016/ ... toria.html
Solskjær must be among the 23.
Martin Ødegaard and Haaland may be among the 23 also because they are future promises...

Of course this team needs an update. All old threads for All Stars NT are being updated. Solskjær can be in the first team and I wouldn't mind Haaland at all. If he keeps his current scoring rate, he may become Norway all-time top scorer within the end of next year. I'm not sure though about Ødegaard in the first team yet. He can be in the reserves for now.

Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:08 pm

I think it is way too early to add Odegaard to the first team. He is doing very well at Arsenal, but until that he was very inconsistent. Haaland is a no brainer. I agree with Solskjaer too.

Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Suggestions:
Spoiler: show
GOALKEEPERS:

● Erik THORSTVEDT (the best GK from Norway)
● Henry JOHANSEN (better skills and played a few games less than GRODÅS due to his era (1930's)...)

DEFENDERS:

● Thorbjørn SVENSSEN - CB
● Rune BRATSETH - CWP
● Stig Inge BJØRNEBYE - LB
● Nils ERIKSEN - CB
● Svein GRØNDALEN - CB
● Henning BERG - RB/CB
● John Arne RIISE - LB

MIDFIELDERS:

● Arne BRUSTAD - WF/SS
● Reidar KVAMMEN - SS/AMF
● Per BREDESEN - SS/AMF
● Asbjørn HALVORSEN - DMF
● Morten Gamst PEDERSEN - CMF(considered one of the best midfielders in the country)
● Erik MYKLAND - CMF
● Kjetil REKDAL - DMF/CMF or Øyvind LEONHARDSEN - CMF/SMF

FORWARDS:

● Einar GUNDERSEN - CF
● Jørgen JUVE - CF
● ● Odd IVERSEN - CF
● Ole Gunnar SOLSKJÆR - CF/SS/WF (Considered one of the best and greatest striker in the country)
● Tore André FLO - CF
● Gunnar THORESEN - WF/SS (Considered the best right winger who has played for the Norwegian national team)
● John CAREW or Erling HAALAND - CF (Carew is also considered one of the highlights among Norwegian strikers, but Haaland is also and I think he has a more promising future, in addition to being a much more effective striker than Carew was.)

go to reserves:

GOALKEEPERS:

● Frode GRODÅS
● Rune JARSTEIN (Add)

DEFENDERS:

● Gunnar HALLE
● Ronny JOHNSEN
● Roar JOHANSEN

MIDFIELDERS:

● Roald JENSEN
● Hallvar THORESEN
● Martin ØDEGAARD(Add)

FORWARDS:

● Joshua KING (Add)
● Tom LUND

Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 pm

I agree regarding the goalkeepers. The third reserve should be Sverre Andersen who was considered the best goalkeeper in Norway for many years. After all, Norway didn't have remarkable heirs in the role before the arrival of Thorstvedt in the early 1980s.

In defence you added Svein Grøndalen who played as centre back and left back. In my opinion, the team needs another right back and he's the one to be replaced. I was thinking about André Bergdølmo, considered one of the best of his generation, but he was deployed mostly on the left side even though he preferred the right. So, my choice is to keep Gunnar Halle.
In the reserves I'd have André Bergdølmo, Anders Giske, Svein Grøndalen, Alfie Haaland, Brede Hangeland, Kai Erik Herlovsen, Roar Johansen, Ronny Johnsen, Harry Karlsen, Terje Kojedal.

I don't understand why Arne Brustad, mainly a left winger, is in the midfield. Of course he deserves a spot but among the forwards. Per Bredesen, he as well mostly a forward, was a great player but his stint with the national team was cut short due to his transfer to Italy. If you want to keep him it's fine, but I rather give the spot to someone else. I'm not sure about Asbjørn Halvorsen, sure a legend of Norway early football, although he didn't win too many caps in his quite short national team career. Instead, I'd have Reidar Kvammen, Øyvind Leonhardsen, Erik Mykland, Alexander Olsen (apparently one of the most dominant and complete midfielders in Norwegian early football), Morten Gamst Pedersen, Kjetil Rekdal and Hallvar Thoresen.
The reserves can be Gunnar Andersen, Harald Berg, Lars Bohinen, Asbjørn Halvorsen, Mini Jakobsen, Roald Jensen, Tor Egil Johansen, Olav Nilsen, Martin Ødegaard and Arne Pedersen. I took into consideration also Per Agil Ahlsen and Ståle Solbakken.

The forwards can be Arne Brustad, Tore André Flo, Einar Gundersen, Erling Haaland, Jørgen Juve, Ole Gunnar Solskjær and Gunnar Thoresen. I'm aware that I left out Tom Lund, who is considered one of the greatest Norwegian players and by some the greatest ever, although his national team career doesn't seem as good as that of the ones I selected.
The reserves can be Per Bredesen, Knut Brynildsen, John Carew, Jan Åge Fjørtoft, Harald Hennum, Odd Iversen, Steffen Iversen, Tom Lund, Arne Larsen Økland and Gøran Sørloth. I'm not sure about adding Joshua King yet. I'd choose even Jostein Flo over him for now.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:47 am

Here's my two cents:

GK: 100% agree with Thorstvedt and Johansen. Those are the two I have in my squad.
DF: I think we all agree with H. Berg, Bjørnebye, Bratseth, Riise and Svenssen. So, we need one more CB and a RB. Having a CB who can play as RB also works IMO since Norway don't have great RBs outside Berg.
MF: I can't agree with Halvorsen out of the first team. He is just too big of a name. Yeah, he doesn't have too many caps, but we need to consider the context. Back then, it was normal for the player to stop being called up to the NT when playing for a club of another nation due to logistic reasons. The fact he was good enough to move to a big club in Germany should count in his favor, not against him. Also, I believe he earn a cap when Norway went to Germany to play against their NT.
FW: Lund is ahead of Gundersen IMO. I feel really bad not seeing him in the first team. I also see Roald Jensen ahead of Gunnar Thorensen.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:57 am

jcklein wrote:
Here's my two cents:

GK: 100% agree with Thorstvedt and Johansen. Those are the two I have in my squad.
DF: I think we all agree with H. Berg, Bjørnebye, Bratseth, Riise and Svenssen. So, we need one more CB and a RB. Having a CB who can play as RB also works IMO since Norway don't have great RBs outside Berg.
MF: I can't agree with Halvorsen out of the first team. He is just too big of a name. Yeah, he doesn't have too many caps, but we need to consider the context. Back then, it was normal for the player to stop being called up to the NT when playing for a club of another nation due to logistic reasons. The fact he was good enough to move to a big club in Germany should count in his favor, not against him. Also, I believe he earn a cap when Norway went to Germany to play against their NT.
FW: Lund is ahead of Gundersen IMO. I feel really bad not seeing him in the first team. I also see Roald Jensen ahead of Gunnar Thorensen.

The fact is that Grøndalen was CB and LB. Berg could play as RB and CB, so we don't need another centre back. I stick with Halle.
Regarding Halvorsen I expressed my doubt but didn't exclude him categorically. Leonhardsen may be out then.
I mentioned that Lund is considered ahead of most Norwegian strikers and he can surely be in the first team. My selection was based on my thought that his NT career doesn't look as good as the one other players had. Roald Jensen would make sense to have another winger but much like I said for Lund, Thoresen's NT career was more successful than Jensen's.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:47 am

Interista93 wrote:
I agree regarding the goalkeepers. The third reserve should be Sverre Andersen who was considered the best goalkeeper in Norway for many years. After all, Norway didn't have remarkable heirs in the role before the arrival of Thorstvedt in the early 1980s.

In defence you added Svein Grøndalen who played as centre back and left back. In my opinion, the team needs another right back and he's the one to be replaced. I was thinking about André Bergdølmo, considered one of the best of his generation, but he was deployed mostly on the left side even though he preferred the right. So, my choice is to keep Gunnar Halle.
In the reserves I'd have André Bergdølmo, Anders Giske, Svein Grøndalen, Alfie Haaland, Brede Hangeland, Kai Erik Herlovsen, Roar Johansen, Ronny Johnsen, Harry Karlsen, Terje Kojedal.

I don't understand why Arne Brustad, mainly a left winger, is in the midfield. Of course he deserves a spot but among the forwards. Per Bredesen, he as well mostly a forward, was a great player but his stint with the national team was cut short due to his transfer to Italy. If you want to keep him it's fine, but I rather give the spot to someone else. I'm not sure about Asbjørn Halvorsen, sure a legend of Norway early football, although he didn't win too many caps in his quite short national team career. Instead, I'd have Reidar Kvammen, Øyvind Leonhardsen, Erik Mykland, Alexander Olsen (apparently one of the most dominant and complete midfielders in Norwegian early football), Morten Gamst Pedersen, Kjetil Rekdal and Hallvar Thoresen.
The reserves can be Gunnar Andersen, Harald Berg, Lars Bohinen, Asbjørn Halvorsen, Mini Jakobsen, Roald Jensen, Tor Egil Johansen, Olav Nilsen, Martin Ødegaard and Arne Pedersen. I took into consideration also Per Agil Ahlsen and Ståle Solbakken.

The forwards can be Arne Brustad, Tore André Flo, Einar Gundersen, Erling Haaland, Jørgen Juve, Ole Gunnar Solskjær and Gunnar Thoresen. I'm aware that I left out Tom Lund, who is considered one of the greatest Norwegian players and by some the greatest ever, although his national team career doesn't seem as good as that of the ones I selected.
The reserves can be Per Bredesen, Knut Brynildsen, John Carew, Jan Åge Fjørtoft, Harald Hennum, Odd Iversen, Steffen Iversen, Tom Lund, Arne Larsen Økland and Gøran Sørloth. I'm not sure about adding Joshua King yet. I'd choose even Jostein Flo over him for now.

I agree with you on everything, I think it's possible to update based on these two analyses, possibly the most notable players were the ones from 1998 when norway stood out in a cup, the others didn't have the same success, so I agree with your ideas, by me ok. :D

Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:45 pm

Interista93 wrote:
jcklein wrote:
Here's my two cents:

The fact is that Grøndalen was CB and LB. Berg could play as RB and CB, so we don't need another centre back. I stick with Halle.
Regarding Halvorsen I expressed my doubt but didn't exclude him categorically. Leonhardsen may be out then.
I mentioned that Lund is considered ahead of most Norwegian strikers and he can surely be in the first team. My selection was based on my thought that his NT career doesn't look as good as the one other players had. Roald Jensen would make sense to have another winger but much like I said for Lund, Thoresen's NT career was more successful than Jensen's.

I've been working on Norway NT recently, and have some more cents:
DF: Halle does indeed seem the best option for a 2nd RB choice, but should Grøndalen be ahead of Ronny Johnsen?
MF: I think we can move Jorgen Juve here. Keep Thorensen, Halvorsen and Rekdal. Mykland is probably the next best choice. I'm very undecided between the last two spots though. There are some very good names, but none stands out from the others. We also should start considering Ødegaard here. In terms of talent he is a no-brainer, but so far he only achieve failures with the NT.
FW: We should probably have Brustad, Flo, Haaland, Kvammen and Solskjær. One RW between Bredesen, R. Jensen and G. Thorensen. And instead of choosing between Lund and Gundersen, we can add both and keep only 6 midfielders.

EDIT: I ended up with this:

Spoiler: show
GK Henry JOHANSEN
GK Erik THORSTVEDT

DF Henning BERG
DF Stig Inge BJØRNEBYE
DF Rune BRATSETH
DF Gunnar HALLE
DF Ronny JOHNSEN
DF John Arne RIISE
DF Thorbjørn SVENSSEN

MF Asbjørn HALVORSEN