Captain: Roy Keane | Sergio Ramos
Short free kick: Zinédine Zidane | Pelé
Long free kick: Zinédine Zidane
Free kick 2: Zlatan Ibrahimović | Omar Sívori
Right corner: Zinédine Zidane
Left corner: Zinédine Zidane
Penalty: Pelé | Zlatan Ibrahimović | Omar Sívori | Zinédine Zidane

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:14 am

What about Romário, Mozer, Fernando Couto?

What makes a player to be among the starters? I mean, the preference is for the dirtiest or for the greatests who was also considered dirty?

Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:42 am
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
What about Romário, Mozer, Fernando Couto?

What makes a player to be among the starters? I mean, the preference is for the dirtiest or for the greatests who was also considered dirty?

I considered all three. Couto especially was a strong option. I have to decide whether they had a worse attitude than the players I chose. The current team is filled with guys who didn't mind to start fights, provoke opponents or break bones.

I tried to have the best players in the starting XI. And let's be honest, a starting team like that would probably end up with 3-4 guys being sent off. :lol:

Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:49 am

Fellaini in first team is both a joke and an insult, how can you seriously call him a violent player? That's pure bullshit, especially choosing him over butchers like Gattuso or de Jong who had no purpose except for hacking down their opponents :roll:
Seriously, there is not a single Leeds player from the Revie generation here who terrorized English football in the 70s but Fellaini and Scholes are here? Bremner, Yorath, Hunter and even Giles were psychopaths on the pitch and yet none of them is here:

There is similar footage for the other guys I mentioned (and some of their team mates), I don't think I've seen anything like that from Fellaini.
Same goes for the reserves: You got multiple suggestions for that team but it seems that you went for the famous ones instead of researching a bit. Otherwise I can't explain why Carlos Zambrano, Özalan Alpay or David Abraham (not even mentioning the other players I told you about) aren't here although their behaviour was certainly way more violent than Marquez or Mexes. Yes those two got sent off multiple times but you can't tell me that the first thing you remember about them is violent behaviour on the pitch.
Btw, Domingos is linked wrong and Big Dunc was CF, not midfielder. Barbarez spent most of his career as SS/CF as well, not in midfield. And as I'm going through it: Gonzalo Rodriguez (who got sent of 19 times in his career) and Emir Spahic are a must for defenders section..

Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:12 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Fellaini in first team is both a joke and an insult, how can you seriously call him a violent player? That's pure bullshit, especially choosing him over butchers like Gattuso or de Jong who had no purpose except for hacking down their opponents :roll:

Fellaini was sent off at least twice for headbutting an opponent. Yes, the one on Agüero was controversial, but the one on Shawcross was clear and earned him a three-game ban. We can argue that there have been players who showed similar or worse attitude more frequently. But I wouldn't call a player non-violent at all if he had no problems headbutting opponents a few times.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Seriously, there is not a single Leeds player from the Revie generation here who terrorized English football in the 70s but Fellaini and Scholes are here? Bremner, Yorath, Hunter and even Giles were psychopaths on the pitch and yet none of them is here

I analysed all these players except Yorath. I was supposed to have at least Hunter in the list but I forgot to add him.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I can't explain why Carlos Zambrano, Özalan Alpay or David Abraham (not even mentioning the other players I told you about) aren't here although their behaviour was certainly way more violent than Marquez or Mexes. Yes those two got sent off multiple times but you can't tell me that the first thing you remember about them is violent behaviour on the pitch.

I also analysed all the players that you and the others suggested. Márquez and Mexès may have not been butchers, but the Mexican surely wasn't the fairest of players and once headbutted an opponent while playing in MLS which he never regretted or apologised for, and Mexès was quite temperamental and easy to start fights with opponents.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Btw, Domingos is linked wrong and Big Dunc was CF, not midfielder. Barbarez spent most of his career as SS/CF as well, not in midfield. And as I'm going through it: Gonzalo Rodriguez (who got sent of 19 times in his career) and Emir Spahic are a must for defenders section..

I didn't choose the players solely based on red cards, otherwise the team would've been "most red cards all stars". I have to check out Spahić, but I don't recall Rodríguez being so violent. Using this criteria, then I should've added Matteo Contini as well, who was sent off 20 times. But he wasn't exactly violent, he was just a bad player to be honest.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:43 pm

Quote:
Fellaini in first team is both a joke and an insult, how can you seriously call him a violent player?

I can agree with this, he uses his elbows a lot and he pulled Guendouzi's hair once but I don't remember many violent tackles. Not like the others in the first team.

Bremner and Hunter seem like obvious inclusions. I'm surprised they were left out, especially Hunter who is one of the most famously violent players. Ron Harris and Nobby Stiles are other players I'm surprised were left out. Graeme Souness also threw out some really nasty tackles. A hilarious example:

Of course, every country has their players known for being dirty. It's hard to find them all without looking at the media in different languages. For example, I know that Jusuf Hatunic was a brutal monster on the pitch but I only know that because of what I've heard from those who know about Yugoslav football. I could name 50 British players that were famous for being violent but it's hard to say if they were more dirty than those that are famous in other countries.

I'm also not sure if red cards are a good metric, outside of obvious outliers like Bedoya and Ramos. You could get away with murder in the 60s and 70s with no card. And Vieira got more red cards in the PL than Keane or Ferguson but certainly wasn't as violent.

By the way, I'm not sure Javi Navarro was more violent than Pablo Alfaro. But that must be one of the scariest defensive partnerships ever.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:45 pm

I made some changes. The thing is: it's not easy to choose a certain number of players unless you add 30 names for each position to the reserves.
If you check info and, if available, footage about all the players who already were in the reserves, you'll see how physically dangerous all of them could be.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:48 pm

I didnt want to post it because it was made by myself but if this doesnt save a spot for Mozer in the team, I dont know what would be considered rough tackles.

If you want I can help translating the testimonials about Mozer in the video too. They are a bit shocking.

https://youtube.com/shorts/AwPmVeCVP04? ... XxJckVCwlV

There are other testimonials like these about him and plenty other tackes scenes too but I had to choose just a few to edit a short on youtube.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I didnt want to post it because it was made by myself but if this doesnt save a spot for Mozer in the team, I dont know what would be considered rough tackles.

I read and watched a bit of Mozer and I agree that I can be added. But who would you take off to make a spot for him?

Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:07 pm

One more player I think deserves a mention: Basile Boli, he finally ended Van Basten’s career and headbutted Stuart Pearce (you have to be really crazy to do this).

Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:09 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
One more player I think deserves a mention: Basile Boli, he finally ended Van Basten’s career and headbutted Stuart Pearce (you have to be really crazy to do this).

Maybe Woodburn and Zandoná can be replaced? Woodburn was banned for life after a headbutt which was kinda understandable given that he was fouled badly to his injured knee. The ban was even lifted three years later, which was too late anyway. And Zandoná is there for punching Edmundo and a fan as far as I know, but there are many other players who did similar things in a worse way.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:23 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

I read and watched a bit of Mozer and I agree that I can be added. But who would you take off to make a spot for him?

I guess Domingos da Guia can be out.

One more thing. If the main criteria is dirtiest players. Junior Baiano has to be in the starters. Before being coached by Tele Santana at Sao Paulo, Junior Baiano used to punch and tackle like scisor style the opponents all the time. Flamengo's supporters used to even have a song for his violence in the field.

Probably, if you ask a Brazilian who was the dirtiest Brazilian player he ever saw, half of them would choose Junior Baiano.

Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
StuartBannigan wrote:

Maybe Woodburn and Zandoná can be replaced? Woodburn was banned for life after a headbutt which was kinda understandable given that he was fouled badly to his injured knee. The ban was even lifted three years later, which was too late anyway. And Zandoná is there for punching Edmundo and a fan as far as I know, but there are many other players who did similar things in a worse way.

Someone in Argentina who is known to be far more violent than Zandoná is Óscar Ruggeri; way dirtier (still a legend, though)

Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:53 pm

What about Juanito?

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]