It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 South Korea All Stars 

Team created by a collaborative effort of Interista93, 27DONI72 and StuartBannigan

SOUTH KOREA ALL STARS

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Fourth place (1): 2002

AFC Asian Cup

Winners (2): 1956, 1960
Runners-up (4): 1972, 1980, 1988, 2015
Third place (4): 1964, 2000, 2007, 2011
Semi-finals (1): 2023

CONCACAF Gold Cup

Fourth place (1): 2002

COACH: :NET: Guus HIDDINK

The best ever South Korean players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

● LEE Se-yeon
LEE Woon-jae

DEFENDERS:

PARK Kyung-hoon
● CHUNG Yong-hwan
HONG Myung-bo
KIM Tae-young
LEE Young-pyo
SONG Chong-gug
● KIM Min-jae

MIDFIELDERS:

● HUH Jung-moo
● CHO Kwang-rae
KIM Joo-sung
YOO Sang-chul
KIM Nam-il
● KOO Ja-cheol
● KI Sung-yueng

FORWARDS:

CHA Bum-kun
● CHOI Soon-ho
HWANG Sun-hong
AHN Jung-hwan
● SEOL Ki-hyeon
PARK Ji-sung
SON Heung-min

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

● HAM Heung-chul
● CHO Byung-deuk
KIM Byung-ji

DEFENDERS:

● KIM Jung-nam
● KIM Ho
● KIM Ho-kon
● HWANG Jae-man
● CHO Young-jeung
● CHOI Jong-duk
● PARK Sung-hwa
● CHOI Jin-cheul
● CHA Du-ri
● KIM Young-gwon

MIDFIELDERS:

● CHA Tae-sung
● CHO Yoon-ok
● LEE Young-moo
● PARK Chang-sun
● BYUN Byung-joo
SEO Jung-won
● HA Seok-ju
LEE Eul-yong
● LEE Chung-yong
● LEE Jae-sung

FORWARDS:

● CHOI Chung-min
● WOO Sang-kwon
● LEE Hoe-taik
● PARK Lee-chun
● KIM Jin-kook
● KIM Jae-han
● CHUNG Hae-won
● LEE Tae-ho
● LEE Dong-gook
● PARK Chu-young

THE BEST EVER XI

GK LEE WON-JAE
SWP/CB HONG MYUNG-BO ©
CB KIM MIN-JAE
RB PARK KYUNG-HOON
LB LEE YOUNG-PYO
DMF KI SUNG-YUENG
CMF YOO SANG-CHUL
CMF KIM JOO-SUNG
RWF PARK JI-SUNG
LWF SON HEUNG-MIN
CF CHA BUM-KUN

Captain: Hong Myung-bo | Son Heung-min | Ki Sung-yueng
Short free kick: Son Heung-min | Kim Joo-sung
Long free kick: Yoo Sang-chul | Hong Myung-bo
Free kick 2: Park Ji-sung
Right corner: Park Ji-sung
Left corner: Park Ji-sung | Lee Young-pyo
Penalty: Son Heung-min | Yoo Sang-chul | Ki Sung-yueng

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Lee YOUNG-PYO move please in defender.
Hwang BO-KWAN should be in reserves(I don't see he is good performance in NT)
Instead, I suggest Cha DU-RI(Defender).

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:43 am

I think Son Heung-min must be included in first team....

ImageImageImage

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:51 pm

M Ace wrote:
I think Son Heung-min must be included in first team....

This is another team that needs a huge rework. 10 midfielders and only 4 defenders in the first team? Lee Young-pyo and Seo Jung-won weren't even primarily midfielders. Moreover the number of reserves seems quite poor. Last but not least, the first name of the players should be the one in capital letters while the name right after the dash should be all in small letters. Additionally, I suggest to use the names of the players showed in the K-League website as standard, in case that wasn't done when this team was first made.

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Son-Heung Min?

Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:19 pm

LucasTheGerdMuller wrote:
Son-Heung Min?

Sorry mate but what's the point of asking a question that was already answered to in the previous message?

Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:25 pm
Amministratore

This team should be reworked for sure.

Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:53 pm

I tried:

Spoiler: show
GOALKEEPERS:

LEE Se-yeon (81 caps. In 2002, he was selected as the goalkeeper of the Korean Football All-time Best XI by a survey of MBC and Gallup Korea in which 1,500 South Koreans participated)
LEE Woon-jae (133 caps. Undisputed the greatest GK ever from the country, and arguably one of the best asian GK ever)

DEFENDERS:

CHUNG Yong-hwan (CB. 86 caps, 3 goals. Korean player of the year in 1988; team of the tournament in 1988 Asian Cup; played in 1986 WC and 1990 WC, being the captain in the later one)
HONG Myung-bo (CB/SW. 136 caps, 10 goals. Needs no introduction. Regarded by many as the greatest asian defender ever)
KIM Ho-kon (CB. 124 caps, 5 goals. Korean player of the year in 1975. 8 times Korean best XI of the year. Selected to the MasterCard Asian/Oceania Team of the 20th Century by a panel of soccer writers)
KIM Jung-suk (RB. 56 caps. Chosen by AFC to the Asian All Stars team for 4 consecutive years)
KIM Tae-young (CB. 105 caps, 3 goals. 1998 and 2002 WC. Chosen by AFC in the Best XI of all time at WC in 2020)
LEE Young-pyo (LB. 127 caps, 5 goals. Played in 3 WCs. Regarded by many as the best asian LB ever)
PARK Kyung-hoon (RB. 93 caps, 1 goal. Team of the tournament in 1988 Asian Cup; played in 1986 WC and 1990 WC. Regarded by many as one of the greatest korean RB of all time)

MIDFIELDERS:

CHO Kwang-rae (CM. 100 caps, 15 goals. Korean player of the year in 1988. 8 time Korean best XI of the year. Played in 1986 WC)
HA Seok-ju (LM/LB. 94 caps, 23 goals. Chosen by AFC in the Asian All Star team and by FIFA in the World XI in 1997. Played in 1994 and 1998 WC)
HUH Jung-moo (104 caps, 30 goals. Mainly MF, but could play in virtually any position. Korean player of the year in 1984. 7 times Korean best XI of the year. Played in 1986 WC. A very common name in Korean best XI of all time by many publications)
KI Sung-yueng (CM. 110 caps, 10 goals. 3 times Korean player of the year. Team of the tournament in 2015 Asian Cup. Bronze medal in 2012 Olympic Games. Played in 2010, 2014 and 2018 WC)
KIM Nam-il (DM. 98 caps, 2 goals. CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI in 2002. EAFF Championship MVP in 2008. Played in 2002, 2006 and 2010 WC)
PARK Ji-sung (SM mainly. 100 caps, 13 goals. Too many accolades to write. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest asian players of all time. Played in 2002, 2006 and 2010 WC)
YOO Sang-chul (CM. 124 caps, 18 goals. Asian All-Stars by AFC in 1998. World XI by FIFA in 2000. WC All-Stars team by FIFA in 2002. EAFF Championship MVP in 2003. Played in 1998 and 2002 WC)

FORWARDS:

CHA Bum-kun (CF. 136 caps, 58 goals. Too many accolades to write. He is the all-time leading goalscorer of Korea and widely regarded as one of the greatest asian players of all time. Played in 1986 WC)
CHOI Chung-min (CF. 47 caps, 22 goals. Regarded as one of the greatest asian players of the 50s. He was the big star on the squads that won the AFC Asian Cup in 1956 and 1960. Played in 1954 WC)
CHOI Soon-ho (CF/SS. 96 caps, 30 goals. 1980 Asian Cup top scorer. Korean player of the year in 1990. Played in 1986 and 1990 WC)
HWANG Seon-hong (CF. 103 caps, 50 goals. One of the only two players to ever score 50 goals for the NT. Played in 4 World Cups: 1990, 1994, 1998 and 2002)
KIM Joo-sung (76 caps, 14 goals. Mainly a winger, but could play virtually anywhere on the field. Another one with too many accolades to write. He is often regarded as one of the best asian players of all time)
LEE Hoi-taik (RW. 82 caps, 21 goals. Korean player of the year in 1970 and 5 times Korean best XI. Widely regarded as one of the greatest South Korean forwards of all time)
SON Heung-min (LW. 102 caps, 33 goals and still couting. Needs no introduction. IMO, he is already the greatest asian player of all time)

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

CHO Byung-deuk
CHOI In-young
HONG Deok-young
KIM Byung-ji

DEFENDERS:

CHA Du-ri
CHO Young-jeung
CHOI Jin-cheul
CHOI Kang-hee
KIM Dong-jin
KIM Ho
KIM Jung-nam
KIM Pan-keun
LEE Jung-soo
PARK Jung-bae
PARK Sung-hwa
SONG Chong-gug

MIDFIELDERS:

CHOI Moon-sik
HWANGBO Kwan
KIM Jung-woo
KIM Yong-sik
KOO Ja-cheol
LEE Chung-yong
LEE Eul-yong
LEE Young-moo
NOH Jung-yoon
PARK Chang-sun
SEO Jung-won

FORWARDS:

AHN Jung-hwan
CHO Yoon-ok
CHOI Yong-soo
KIM Do-hoon
KIM Jae-han
KO Jeong-woon
LEE Chun-soo
LEE Dong-gook
PARK Chu-young
PARK Lee-chun
SEOL Ki-hyeon

BEST XI
GK LEE W. J.
RB PARK K. H.
CB KIM H. K.
CB HONG M. B. ©
LB LEE Y. P.
RM PARK J. S.
CM HUH J. M.
CM YOO S. C.
LM KIM J. S.
SS SON H. M.
CF CHA B. K.

Last edited by jcklein on Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:21 am

Great job! However, there are some players too many in the reserves. The current format is 3 goalkeepers and 10 for the other positions.

GOALKEEPERS:
CHO Byung-deuk is regarded as one of South Korea's greatest goalkeepers, was runner-up in two Asian Cup and won the 1986 Asian Games. His spot here is undebatable in my opinion. HONG Deok-young participated in South Korea's first ever World Cup and is a good throwback to earlier days. CHOI In-young participated in two consecutive editions in 1990 and 1994. KIM Byung-ji in 1998 and 2002 even though he was replaced by LEE Won-jae as regular starter in 2002. Considering that among the three, KIM Byung-ji is the one with more appearances, I'd take out one of the other two.

DEFENDERS:
I'd take out LEE Jung-soo and probably KIM Pan-keun considering appearances and worldwide recognition.

MIDFIELDERS:
I'd take out either NOH Jung-yoon or KIM Yong-sik. We can keep KIM Yong-sik, who's described as a skillful player even for the time and he's regarded as the "godfather" of South Korean football, if we want a good throwback to earlier days but he apparently played only 3 matches between 1948 and 1950.

FORWARDS:
I'd possibly take out LEE Chun-soo or KO Jeong-woon considering appearances, goals and worldwide recognition.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:37 am

I don't get why it's suddenly okay to post full squads with too many players and without any explantions in the AS section. But who cares for following the guidelines that we introduced here :roll:

Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:00 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I don't get why it's suddenly okay to post full squads with too many players and without any explantions in the AS section. But who cares for following the guidelines that we introduced here :roll:

I don't get why it's suddenly okay to being rude to newer members who are trying to help improve the forum.

I was going to build a South Korea squad for myself, but since I saw people asking for an updated squad, I tried to go further and search for the best reserves too. Building this list took me a lot of time and research to do. Eventually the work was done, but I was tired. This kind of response wasn't what I was expecting at all. Either way, I'm not going to stop helping out because of you. I saw your posts in other threads, and you seem to be rude to other members with no reason whatsoever. I recommend to you some marijuana, and chill out.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:45 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Great job! However, there are some players too many in the reserves. The current format is 3 goalkeepers and 10 for the other positions.

GOALKEEPERS:
CHO Byung-deuk is regarded as one of South Korea's greatest goalkeepers, was runner-up in two Asian Cup and won the 1986 Asian Games. His spot here is undebatable in my opinion. HONG Deok-young participated in South Korea's first ever World Cup and is a good throwback to earlier days. CHOI In-young participated in two consecutive editions in 1990 and 1994. KIM Byung-ji in 1998 and 2002 even though he was replaced by LEE Won-jae as regular starter in 2002. Considering that among the three, KIM Byung-ji is the one with more appearances, I'd take out one of the other two.

DEFENDERS:
I'd take out LEE Jung-soo and probably KIM Pan-keun considering appearances and worldwide recognition.

MIDFIELDERS:
I'd take out either NOH Jung-yoon or KIM Yong-sik. We can keep KIM Yong-sik, who's described as a skillful player even for the time and he's regarded as the "godfather" of South Korean football, if we want a good throwback to earlier days but he apparently played only 3 matches between 1948 and 1950.

FORWARDS:
I'd possibly take out LEE Chun-soo or KO Jeong-woon considering appearances, goals and worldwide recognition.

Yeah, I added more players in reserves so we could discuss out who to cut out of the squad. It was very hard for me to choose between some names.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:51 pm

jcklein wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

I don't get why it's suddenly okay to being rude to newer members who are trying to help improve the forum.

I was going to build a South Korea squad for myself, but since I saw people asking for an updated squad, I tried to go further and search for the best reserves too. Building this list took me a lot of time and research to do. Eventually the work was done, but I was tired. This kind of response wasn't what I was expecting at all. Either way, I'm not going to stop helping out because of you. I saw your posts in other threads, and you seem to be rude to other members with no reason whatsoever. I recommend to you some marijuana, and chill out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We've had many members over the years that came here and thought that they could dictate things here like they wanted. And guess what? It didn't work out.
If you've done such research (what I don't even question), then I fail to see why you not post at least some explanations. None of us expects you to write 10000 words essay, simply tell why you went for certific players.
Btw, instead of checking other threads for my posts, you should have probably looked how the last updated NTs look like.
And before I forget it: Better don't do drugs, then you can actually understand how things work.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:03 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
jcklein wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We've had many members over the years that came here and thought that they could dictate things here like they wanted. And guess what? It didn't work out.
If you've done such research (what I don't even question), then I fail to see why you not post at least some explanations. None of us expects you to write 10000 words essay, simply tell why you went for certific players.
Btw, instead of checking other threads for my posts, you should have probably looked how the last updated NTs look like.
And before I forget it: Better don't do drugs, then you can actually understand how things work.

I'm not trying to dictate anything. I'm not even complaining about how things work here. I'm complaining about you and your approach to new members. If you wanted some explanation on the players, you could have asked for it instead of dropping some stupid ironic bullshit. You're just making the forum more toxic for no reason.

Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:31 pm

jcklein wrote:
I tried:

Spoiler: show
GOALKEEPERS:

LEE Se-yeon (81 caps. In 2002, he was selected as the goalkeeper of the Korean Football All-time Best XI by a survey of MBC and Gallup Korea in which 1,500 South Koreans participated)
LEE Woon-jae (133 caps. Undisputed the greatest GK ever from the country, and arguably one of the best asian GK ever)

DEFENDERS:

CHUNG Yong-hwan (CB. 86 caps, 3 goals. Korean player of the year in 1988; team of the tournament in 1988 Asian Cup; played in 1986 WC and 1990 WC, being the captain in the later one)
HONG Myung-bo (CB/SW. 136 caps, 10 goals. Needs no introduction. Regarded by many as the greatest asian defender ever)
KIM Ho-kon (CB. 124 caps, 5 goals. Korean player of the year in 1975. 8 times Korean best XI of the year. Selected to the MasterCard Asian/Oceania Team of the 20th Century by a panel of soccer writers)
KIM Jung-suk (RB. 56 caps. Chosen by AFC to the Asian All Stars team for 4 consecutive years)
KIM Tae-young (CB. 105 caps, 3 goals. 1998 and 2002 WC. Chosen by AFC in the Best XI of all time at WC in 2020)
LEE Young-pyo (LB. 127 caps, 5 goals. Played in 3 WCs. Regarded by many as the best asian LB ever)
PARK Kyung-hoon (RB. 93 caps, 1 goal. Team of the tournament in 1988 Asian Cup; played in 1986 WC and 1990 WC. Regarded by many as one of the greatest korean RB of all time)

MIDFIELDERS:

CHO Kwang-rae (CM. 100 caps, 15 goals. Korean player of the year in 1988. 8 time Korean best XI of the year. Played in 1986 WC)
HA Seok-ju (LM/LB. 94 caps, 23 goals. Chosen by AFC in the Asian All Star team and by FIFA in the World XI in 1997. Played in 1994 and 1998 WC)
HUH Jung-moo (104 caps, 30 goals. Mainly MF, but could play in virtually any position. Korean player of the year in 1984. 7 times Korean best XI of the year. Played in 1986 WC. A very common name in Korean best XI of all time by many publications)
KI Sung-yueng (CM. 110 caps, 10 goals. 3 times Korean player of the year. Team of the tournament in 2015 Asian Cup. Bronze medal in 2012 Olympic Games. Played in 2010, 2014 and 2018 WC)
KIM Nam-il (DM. 98 caps, 2 goals. CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI in 2002. EAFF Championship MVP in 2008. Played in 2002, 2006 and 2010 WC)
PARK Ji-sung (SM mainly. 100 caps, 13 goals. Too many accolades to write. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest asian players of all time. Played in 2002, 2006 and 2010 WC)
YOO Sang-chul (CM. 124 caps, 18 goals. Asian All-Stars by AFC in 1998. World XI by FIFA in 2000. WC All-Stars team by FIFA in 2002. EAFF Championship MVP in 2003. Played in 1998 and 2002 WC)

FORWARDS:

CHA Bum-kun (CF. 136 caps, 58 goals. Too many accolades to write. He is the all-time leading goalscorer of Korea and widely regarded as one of the greatest asian players of all time. Played in 1986 WC)
CHOI Chung-min (CF. 47 caps, 22 goals. Regarded as one of the greatest asian players of the 50s. He was the big star on the squads that won the AFC Asian Cup in 1956 and 1960. Played in 1954 WC)
CHOI Soon-ho (CF/SS. 96 caps, 30 goals. 1980 Asian Cup top scorer. Korean player of the year in 1990. Played in 1986 and 1990 WC)
HWANG Seon-hong (CF. 103 caps, 50 goals. One of the only two players to ever score 50 goals for the NT. Played in 4 World Cups: 1990, 1994, 1998 and 2002)
KIM Joo-sung (76 caps, 14 goals. Mainly a winger, but could play virtually anywhere on the field. Another one with too many accolades to write. He is often regarded as one of the best asian players of all time)
LEE Hoi-taik (RW. 82 caps, 21 goals. Korean player of the year in 1970 and 5 times Korean best XI. Widely regarded as one of the greatest South Korean forwards of all time)
SON Heung-min (LW. 102 caps, 33 goals and still couting. Needs no introduction. IMO, he is already the greatest asian player of all time)

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

CHO Byung-deuk
CHOI In-young
HONG Deok-young
KIM Byung-ji

DEFENDERS:

CHA Du-ri
CHO Young-jeung
CHOI Jin-cheul
CHOI Kang-hee
KIM Dong-jin
KIM Ho
KIM Jung-nam
KIM Pan-keun
LEE Jung-soo
PARK Jung-bae
PARK Sung-hwa
SONG Chong-gug

MIDFIELDERS:

CHOI Moon-sik
HWANGBO Kwan
KIM Jung-woo
KIM Yong-sik
KOO Ja-cheol
LEE Chung-yong
LEE Eul-yong
LEE Young-moo
NOH Jung-yoon
PARK Chang-sun
SEO Jung-won

FORWARDS:

AHN Jung-hwan
CHO Yoon-ok
CHOI Yong-soo
KIM Do-hoon
KIM Jae-han
KO Jeong-woon
LEE Chun-soo
LEE Dong-gook
PARK Chu-young
PARK Lee-chun
SEOL Ki-hyeon

BEST XI
GK LEE W. J.
RB PARK K. H.
CB KIM H. K.
CB HONG M. B. ©
LB LEE Y. P.
RM PARK J. S.
CM HUH J. M.
CM YOO S. C.
LM KIM J. S.
SS SON H. M.
CF CHA B. K.

Edited my post a little adding info on the chosen players for the first squad. I'll add info on the reserves later.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next