Captain: Ismail al-Masry "Abu al-Sebaa" | Musab al-Battat | Saeed al-Husseini
Short free kick: Naji Ajour | Ashraf Nu'man
Long free kick: Naji Ajour
Free kick 2: Tamer Seyam
Right corner: Naji Ajour
Left corner: Naji Ajour
Penalty: Abdelatif al-Bahdari | Tamer Seyam

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:06 pm

Considering that Palestine reached the knockout stage for the first time ever at the AFC Cup, this team should be updated a bit IMO (similar to Jordan, Tajikistan and Syria for example). Rami Hamadeh already has kept more clean sheets than any Palestine GK before him, also Mohammed Saleh and Oday Dabbagh have arguments to be in first team yet.
Since you linked the IFFHS XI for Palestine, here's another opinion by "Fooball Palestine" account on twitter:
https://twitter.com/FutbolPalestine/sta ... 1018672133
Have to agree for Nu'Man in best XI, apart from beeing their second best ever scorer he seems to be a really skillful player with the ball and also decent FK Taker:

Spoiler: show
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsV9e3PZUkU&t=189s[/youtube]

If you or anyone else wants to work on that team, there's actually a lot of footage available. On Footballia you can find seven full games from 2019, 2023 and 2024 (pretty sure that the match against Qatar will be uplodaded as well soon) while on Youtube you have this channel with lots of highlight videos and compilations. There are also several full matches available from 2014, 2015 and recent years:

Spoiler: show

Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:39 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Considering that Palestine reached the knockout stage for the first time ever at the AFC Cup, this team should be updated a bit IMO (similar to Jordan, Tajikistan and Syria for example). Rami Hamadeh already has kept more clean sheets than any Palestine GK before him, also Mohammed Saleh and Oday Dabbagh have arguments to be in first team yet.

I already updated this team earlier today. In fact, I added Dabbagh to the best XI and Hamadeh to the reserves. I have to agree with you though that Hamadeh and Saleh can have a spot in the first squad.
I'll also update Jordan, Tajikistan and Syria, but I first would like to see how far they go in the competition.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Since you linked the IFFHS XI for Palestine, here's another opinion by "Fooball Palestine" account on twitter:
https://twitter.com/FutbolPalestine/sta ... 1018672133
Have to agree for Nu'Man in best XI, apart from beeing their second best ever scorer he seems to be a really skillful player with the ball and also decent FK Taker

I added Seyam as winger to the best XI since he's also a good set piece taker and was featured in this year's Asian Cup. But if you see Nu'man as a better choice, I don't mind switching them.
By the way, I usually add the link to IFFHS all-time squads because the organisation often includes players who are hard to find info about unless you know their names and look them up in their country's language. But I must admit that many of their teams are very debatable, to say the least.

Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:51 pm

Interista93 wrote:
I added Seyam as winger to the best XI since he's also a good set piece taker and was featured in this year's Asian Cup. But if you see Nu'man as a better choice, I don't mind switching them.

Considering that Dabbagh mainly plays as CF, Seyam as RWF and Nu'man apparently played on both sides (judging from this hightlight video I'd rather say that he was LWF), I personally don't see a problem with the three of them in the best XI since they were key players in the team's biggest successes so far (winning the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup and reaching the knockout stage in AFC Championship this year). That isn't meant disrespectful to El-Moghrabi but from what I've read so far, the level of Palestine football has dramatically improved since the 2010s

Interista93 wrote:
By the way, I usually add the link to IFFHS all-time squads because the organisation often includes players who are hard to find info about unless you know their names and look them up in their country's language. But I must admit that many of their teams are very debatable, to say the least.

I know and it wasn't meant as criticism. I only posted the link since it's always good to have a second opinion on those teams, especially from people/sites from the actual country.

Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]