It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Argentina All Stars 

Team created by a collaborative effort of 27DONI72, Milos, StuartBannigan and gurkenjoe93

ARGENTINA ALL STARS

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Winners (3): 1978, 1986, 2022
Runners-up (3): 1930, 1990, 2014

FIFA Confederations Cup

Winners (1): 1992
Runners-up (2): 1995, 2005

Copa América

Winners (15): 1921, 1925, 1927, 1929, 1937, 1941, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1991, 1993, 2021
Runners-up (14): 1916, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1935, 1942, 1959, 1967, 2004, 2007, 2015, 2016
Third place (5): 1919, 1956, 1963, 1989, 2019
Fourth place (2): 1922, 1987

COACH: Guillermo STÁBILE

The best ever Argentinian players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

Amadeo CARRIZO
Ubaldo FILLOL

DEFENDERS:

Carlos SOSA
Silvio MARZOLINI
Roberto PERFUMO
Daniel PASSARELLA
Alberto TARANTINI
Oscar RUGGERI
Javier ZANETTI

MIDFIELDERS:

Luis MONTI
Antonio SASTRE
Osvaldo ARDILES
Diego MARADONA
Jorge BURRUCHAGA
Diego SIMEONE
Javier MASCHERANO

FORWARDS:

José Manuel MORENO
Adolfo PEDERNERA
Omar CORBATTA
Mario KEMPES
Gabriel BATISTUTA
Lionel MESSI
Ángel DI MARÍA

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

Rogelio DOMÍNGUEZ
Sergio GOYCOCHEA
● Emiliano MARTÍNEZ

DEFENDERS:

Ludovico BIDOGLIO
José SALOMÓN
Pedro DELLACHA
Jorge OLGUÍN
Julio OLARTICOECHEA
José Luis BROWN
Roberto SENSINI
Roberto AYALA
Juan Pablo SORÍN
● Nicolás OTAMENDI

MIDFIELDERS:

Juan EVARISTO
Rinaldo MARTINO
Néstor ROSSI
Antonio RATTIN
Miguel BRINDISI
René HOUSEMAN
Américo GALLEGO
Sergio BATISTA
Fernando REDONDO
Juan Román RIQUELME

FORWARDS:

Manuel SEOANE
Manuel FERREIRA
Carlos PEUCELLE
René PONTONI
Ángel LABRUNA
Félix LOUSTAU
Norberto MÉNDEZ
Luis ARTIME
Claudio CANIGGIA
Hernán CRESPO

THE BEST EVER XI

GK FILLOL
CB RUGGERI
SWP PASSARELLA ©
RB ZANETTI
LB MARZOLINI
DMF MONTI
CMF MORENO
CMF SASTRE
AMF MARADONA
SS MESSI
CF KEMPES

Captain: Daniel Passarella | Diego Maradona | Lionel Messi
Short Free Kick: Diego Maradona | Lionel Messi | Daniel Passarella
Long Free Kick: Lionel Messi | Daniel Passarella | Diego Maradona
Right Corner: Lionel Messi | Diego Maradona
Left Corner: Antonio Sastre | Lionel Messi
Penalty: Lionel Messi | Diego Maradona | Daniel Passarella

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Don't forget about Ever "I lose every ball in the midfield" Banega :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 am

Hahaha :lol: I don't want to remember the last Copa América final. Higuaín missing AGAIN, Agüero doing NOTHING, Di María injured, Biglia looking like a drunk man and Banega playing like a lady. It's like a nightmare that never ends. I feel sad for Mascherano, he played great, he doesn't deserve this defeat.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:59 am

Albiceleste wrote:
For me, the coach has to be Bilardo. Why no Menotti? Because Bilardo made better results than him and, I repeat, the 1978 team was a very good team but they had a "little help" from the military government.

How often do you want to repeat that? In 1986 Argentina only reached the WC final because that little coke addicted guy played handball instead of football. In 1990 Argentina wasn't even better than most of their opponents, not only in the final but also against Italy, Yugoslavia and Brazil (not to forget the weak performances in the group stage). But yeah, Bilardo is the greatest..
Albiceleste wrote:
Talking about Messi, he deserves a place in the team, I expressed my opinion in a previous message. And if you talk about the finals, he didn't play EXCELLENT but he played well, not bad. The only opportunity that he missed was a shot in the World Cup Final but it wasn't an easy shot. He's always the only attacking force in Argentina because Higuaín, Aguero and Palacio didn't do anything and missed the few opportunities that we had.

He played well in the WC final? Except for that one chance before the break (that Boateng cleared before the line) and the FK in the last minute of overtime (that he shot over the goal), he was in Boateng's pocket for the whole game :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:25 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
How often do you want to repeat that? In 1986 Argentina only reached the WC final because that little coke addicted guy played handball instead of football. In 1990 Argentina wasn't even better than most of their opponents, not only in the final but also against Italy, Yugoslavia and Brazil (not to forget the weak performances in the group stage). But yeah, Bilardo is the greatest..
its a came insult to diego because he said that messi its not a leader , but its true messi is not , he is the best player , but he dont have that attribute that transmitte his talent to his partners, like recently published a maradona audio : we win the WC against germany , we dont play against chile, (dont underrate the God because and addiction and yeah with all that stuff he win a WC and a god of fottball),and other things the robery in football still going barca vs chelsea 3 penaltys that dont give to chelsea
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
He played well in the WC final? Except for that one chance before the break (that Boateng cleared before the line) and the FK in the last minute of overtime (that he shot over the goal), he was in Boateng's pocket for the whole game :lol:
thats its the only point that i agreed with , he is a great footbaler and maybe the best in history , but for Argentina NT he dont give anithing and maybe he dont deserve even be here in reserves

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

How often? Only two times is enough. And please respect Maradona, he made the greatest performance ever by a footballer in a World Cup, like it or not. The goal with the hand is not a excuse. It's the referee's fault, he didn't see that hand. Or did you expect that, in that moment, Maradona says: "¡Don`t count the goal! I made it whit my hand, sorry."? Maradona wasn't stupid, he wanted to win like everybody in this world.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

In the final Messi made a regular match. Not a great match like the three matches in the group phase but a regular match. He didn't deserve the Golden Ball in that World Cup but for me he was one of the best five players of that World Cup.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:19 am

Albiceleste wrote:
How often? Only two times is enough. And please respect Maradona, he made the greatest performance ever by a footballer in a World Cup, like it or not. The goal with the hand is not a excuse. It's the referee's fault, he didn't see that hand. Or did you expect that, in that moment, Maradona says: "¡Don`t count the goal! I made it with my hand, sorry."? Maradona wasn't stupid, he wanted to win like everybody in this world.

Fabio Cannavaro, 20 years later disagree with this :mrgreen: , but people may ignore this just because he played in HD and also 'cause he was a defender :roll:

How comes that just because "only" Maradona was at full strentgh, Bilardo wasn't a "good" coach?

Then, all the coaches that we consider "legends" aren't great anymore because they directed several world class players during their prime along the team that they trained (see Herrera's players with Inter, Guardiola with both Barcelona, Bayern and now City, Capello with Milan, Juve, Real Madrid, etc; Ferguson with United, let alone Mourinho with Porto, Inter, Madrid, Chelsea to more information).

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:30 am

The point is: Menotti can't be the coach here because the Argentinian government "helped" the team reach the final?
On the other hand it's okay that Bilardo is coach here with a team that went into the final only because Maradona cheated? Yeah, seems logical. But my posts here aren't counted anyway. I mean, I'm from Europe, so my opinion can't be worth the same as your opinions..
Greatest performance ever in a WC? No, absolutely not. Cruyff in 1974 was better than Maradona in 1986, same goes for Eusebio in 1966 or Garrincha in 1962..

Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:08 am

The thread for the couch is like a racing , turning around and round , only put the best coach , that wins most important titles, if we keep in that way to put excuses.
we can narrate , the calciopoli titles of juve , the chelsea barca 2008-09, the panama vs mexico in the concacaf, the codesal mistakes back in final in Italy 90,
the titles of madrid maded by franco , the hand of god back in 86, the 93 minutes aggregated back in lisboa final 2014.
you know the football is that the titles are they , you can no reject that , is milan have 7 ucl , and madrid 11 , we cannot do anithyng, put bilardo and menotti , they have to be that the couchs of iceland in the euro :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:03 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
The point is: Menotti can't be the coach here because the Argentinian government "helped" the team reach the final?
On the other hand it's okay that Bilardo is coach here with a team that went into the final only because Maradona cheated? Yeah, seems logical. But my posts here aren't counted anyway. I mean, I'm from Europe, so my opinion can't be worth the same as your opinions..
Greatest performance ever in a WC? No, absolutely not. Cruyff in 1974 was better than Maradona in 1986, same goes for Eusebio in 1966 or Garrincha in 1962..

Lol, It's not that it doesn't count, but you've got to see it from an Argentine perspective..

I mean, it's not a secret that they (or all of the football's nations superpowers) would change several Confederations-Euros/Copa America in exchage for another World Cup.

It's still a game on since in that match, six minutes later after that incident, the "greatest goal in WC history" happened..So it mean a draw :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:38 pm

Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Why Nery Pumpido is not here ?

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:36 am

What do you think about replacing Simeone? Mascherano did a lot for the national team. Yes, I know that Simeone won 2 Copas América, but I think that would be unfair to only consider the "winners". Mascherano played 1 World Cup Final (leading the team to the final and making a crucial tackle to Robben in semis) and 4 Copa América Finals. Also he is the second most capped player with 136 matches.
By the way, Pipo Rossi is another great choice. He was an amazing player and won 2 Copas América, but he didn't play too much in the national team.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Seems legit, but tbh i don't give a shit for Masche.
But the arguments are worth to be taken in count.

Last edited by TheGreatRossonero on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Haha, I know that River fans don't like him very much. But for Argentina he always gave his 100% and was crucial in the last tournaments. Now a lot of stupid sport journalists are criticizing him, but in 2014 they loved him. Sometimes, here in Argentina, people don't have memory.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

What i don't understand is why La Fiera Ferreyra is here instead of Leopoldo Luque.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next