Captain: Nilo Biazzetto | Reginaldo
Short free kick: Alan Bahia
Long free kick: Alan Bahia
Free Kick 2: -
Left corner: José Kléberson
Right corner: José Kléberson
Penalty: Alan Bahia

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 am

Thanks for the team!

Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Oseas played only two years for the club and one of those two years was in Second Division. On the other hand Dagoberto was the best player of the team in the first half of the 21th century (way better than overrated Kleberson) and certainly deserves to be in first team here.
What I find strange as well is that guys like Pablo (170 games with 34 goals, topscorer of the 2018 Copa Sudamericana with five goals, including two in the final games) and Jonathan (102 games with 4 goals, Copa Sudamericana 2018 winner, scored the first penalty in the penalty shootout) are absent here despite beeing contributing a lot to the club's first international title ever. On the other hand I don't see the need for Bellini and Djalma Santos, they are of course legends but after all both of them reached that legend status and their peak at other clubs, not at Paranaense.

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:37 pm

I first considered Jonathan, who has been doing surprisingly well for the club. I added him and took out Bellini and Djalma Santos.
I also replaced Oséas with Dagoberto and added Pablo to the reserves.

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:54 pm

I think Renan Lodi and Bruno Guimarães can be added here.

Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:59 pm

genofredinho wrote:

Renan Lodi didn't play too much and was a regular only in 2018, considering also that the following year he was sold to Olympique Lyonnais. The same happened to Bruno Guimarães but he played almost twice as Renan Lodi and was a regular for two seasons. However, there would be too many midfielders for my standards. Would you replace anyone for him and why?

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:08 pm

Interista93 wrote:
genofredinho wrote:

Renan Lodi didn't play too much and was a regular only in 2018, considering also that the following year he was sold to Olympique Lyonnais. The same happened to Bruno Guimarães but he played almost twice as Renan Lodi and was a regular for two seasons. However, there would be too many midfielders for my standards. Would you replace anyone for him and why?

The two players won the most important championship of Athletico's history, the 2018 Copa Sul-Americana, as protagonists. In 2019, they were considered one of the best players of the Brazilian championship and were integrated on the Brasileirão's best eleven. However, as you said, they played for a very short time at Athletico. I think they are undoubtedly one of the best players that ever have played at the club, but I don't know if they deserve to be on the first team, but they have to be at least on the reserves team, as some other players at 2018, like Santos and Pablo.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:34 am

genofredinho wrote:
The two players won the most important championship of Athletico's history, the 2018 Copa Sul-Americana, as protagonists. In 2019, they were considered one of the best players of the Brazilian championship and were integrated on the Brasileirão's best eleven. However, as you said, they played for a very short time at Athletico. I think they are undoubtedly one of the best players that ever have played at the club, but I don't know if they deserve to be on the first team, but they have to be at least on the reserves team, as some other players at 2018, like Santos and Pablo.

I think it was obvious that they would go in the reserves. In fact, I meant who would you take out of the reserves? There are many players from the past who maybe won just a few regional titles or didn't win anything at all but they are absolute legends who stayed in the club for years or even over a decade. Anyway, Bruno Guimarães is the only one I'd add for the reasons I already explained. Therefore, if you think he's that important because he was part of that title winning team before leaving for a big European club, name the player you'd replace.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:10 am

Interista93 wrote:
I think it was obvious that they would go in the reserves. In fact, I meant who would you take out of the reserves? There are many players from the past who maybe won just a few regional titles or didn't win anything at all but they are absolute legends who stayed in the club for years or even over a decade. Anyway, Bruno Guimarães is the only one I'd add for the reasons I already explained. Therefore, if you think he's that important because he was part of that title winning team before leaving for a big European club, name the player you'd replace.

Oh, ok. Cocito, Fernandinho, Jádson, Paulo Baier and Valdir Benedito are very important and famous players of Athletico and I think Guimarães are on the same level. Kelly, Renato Sá, Edwin Valencia, and Marcinho are also good players and deserve to be at the reserves. Deivid played for a long time at Athletico. David Ferreira and Lucho González played at some of the greatest teams of Athletico. So I think Boluca could be taken out because he played at very small clubs and have never won something really important.
If you want to add Guimarães to the first team, you could take out Nivaldo or Nikão. Nivaldo played in Athletico for eight years and is an important idol but he was never an excellent player. Nikão is also a big idol of the club but was never an incontestable starter.

Renan Lodi could enter in the place of Márcio Azevedo, that was reserve of Lodi in his second passing on the club.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:29 am

genofredinho wrote:
Oh, ok. Cocito, Fernandinho, Jádson, Paulo Baier and Valdir Benedito are very important and famous players of Athletico and I think Guimarães are on the same level. Kelly, Renato Sá, Edwin Valencia, and Marcinho are also good players and deserve to be at the reserves. Deivid played for a long time at Athletico. David Ferreira and Lucho González played at some of the greatest teams of Athletico. So I think Boluca could be taken out because he played at very small clubs and have never won something really important.
If you want to add Guimarães to the first team, you could take out Nivaldo or Nikão. Nivaldo played in Athletico for eight years and is an important idol but he was never an excellent player. Nikão is also a big idol of the club but was never an incontestable starter.

Renan Lodi could enter in the place of Márcio Azevedo, that was reserve of Lodi in his second passing on the club.

I added Bruno Guimarães instead of Valdir Benedito, who didn't play a lot either if we don't consider the regional leagues, but he surely can't be in the first team instead of Nikão (over 200 matches and 30 goals so far in six seasons, 92 and 12 only in 2018-2019) or Nivaldo (eight seasons, part of the 1983 squad that almost reached the Série A final). I'd definitely wouldn't replace Boluca, legend of the 1950s. Regarding Renan Lodi, there's enough space to add him to the defenders in reserves instead of replacing Márcio Azevedo, who may have been Renan Lodi's replacement but he played way more and came back to Athletico Paranaense, showing affection to the club. Renan Lodi simply doesn't need to be here.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Quote:
I added Bruno Guimarães instead of Valdir Benedito, who didn't play a lot either if we don't consider the regional leagues, but he surely can't be in the first team instead of Nikão (over 200 matches and 30 goals so far in six seasons, 92 and 12 only in 2018-2019) or Nivaldo (eight seasons, part of the 1983 squad that almost reached the Série A final). I'd definitely wouldn't replace Boluca, legend of the 1950s. Regarding Renan Lodi, there's enough space to add him to the defenders in reserves instead of replacing Márcio Azevedo, who may have been Renan Lodi's replacement but he played way more and came back to Athletico Paranaense, showing affection to the club. Renan Lodi simply doesn't need to be here.

Great! I think that's fair.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:26 pm

I think Alberto Gottardi can be replaced. He is best known as Caju's brother. I would choose Santos to replace him. Someone of the only one Athletico PR's international title is really needed between the 23.

I miss Assis and Djalma Santos. They might played for a short period of time but were important for the club, mainly Djalma Santos, a iconic player.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:36 am
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I think Alberto Gottardi can be replaced. He is best known as Caju's brother. I would choose Santos to replace him. Someone of the only one Athletico PR's international title is really needed between the 23.

I miss Assis and Djalma Santos. They might played for a short period of time but were important for the club, mainly Djalma Santos, a iconic player.

Santos would be a valid choice but I want to wait more before replacing Alberto Gottardi, who played throughout two decades and is considered a legend.
Regarding Assis and Djalma Santos, same reason I explained for other teams. A great player doesn't necessarily have to be in every team he played for.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:42 am

Suggetions for analysis:

GK: Roberto Costa
RB: Odemílson
CB: Heraldo
CB: Rhodolfo
LB: Fabiano
FW: Capitão

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:33 pm
Profile WWW

Well, Santos legacy has just over in the club. Now, it is time to decide if he did enough or not to enter in the 23. :D

I would say yes.

Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]