Captain: Wladimir
Short free kick: Roberto Rivelino
Long free kick: Roberto Rivelino
Free Kick 2: Sócrates | Cláudio
Right corner: Roberto Rivelino | Cláudio
Left corner: Roberto Rivelino
Penalty: Sócrates | Roberto Rivelino | Cláudio

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:37 pm

If Carlos Tevez is here i don't see a problen to have Ronaldo in the reserves

Also Cassio , Emerson Sheik and Paolo Guerrero can be added.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Guerrero should be in reserves. The most important goal of the history of Cotinthians is thanks to him.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 am

sorry, but the team's logo is wrong, you picked Corinthians Alagoano's logo, not Corinthians Paulista's one, by the way

Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:21 pm

I would never put Luiz Carlos among the best 23, it just seems wrong when you see Gamarra and Domingos da Guia out.

I know Ronaldo stayed for just a short period of time in Corinthians, but he period of time in the club changed Corinthias forever. He needs to be at least in the reserves. Eventough he was far from his prime, Ronaldo with only one leg is a better striker than many players that were included.

I also would consider Tevez. His period of time in Corinthians were impressive, despite he had trouble with the supporters when left the club. Anyway, he was a key player during his time and deserved to be mentioned in the reserves.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:45 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I would never put Luiz Carlos among the best 23, it just seems wrong when you see Gamarra and Domingos da Guia out.

I know Ronaldo stayed for just a short period of time in Corinthians, but he period of time in the club changed Corinthias forever. He needs to be at least in the reserves. Eventough he was far from his prime, Ronaldo with only one leg is a better striker than many players that were included.

I also would consider Tevez. His period of time in Corinthians were impressive, despite he had trouble with the supporters when left the club. Anyway, he was a key player during his time and deserved to be mentioned in the reserves.

Domingos da Guia would be a better choice than Carlos Gamarra, who stayed at the club only for one season even though he won the Série A.
However, are you sure there's not an even better choice than Domingos da Guia?
Regarding Ronaldo and Carlos Tévez, there are already enough forwards in the reserves.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:24 pm

Well, it is tough to say because I tend to not consider so much longevity. It is a tough exercise for me. But I can say that Gil, Balbuena, Adílson Batista, Fábio Luciano were better players and achieve more important titles. Luiz Carlos never won a single title for the club (not that it is essencial, but it is important).

But, I would still pick Domingos da Guia and Gamarra. Da Guia is, for me, the best center back from Brazil ever and played for a while in Corinthians. Gamarra were in the club for 1 year and a half, I know it is too short, but it was simply his prime, he were huge there. I believe he is almost unanimity for many journalist when the subject is Corinthians' all time squad.

If you find an artigle with AS Corinthians without Gamarra you can show me. It is hard challenge. :)

Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

Emerson Sheik instead of Luizão or Palhinha. If players like Liedson, Guerrero, Paulinho and etc. are there, I see no reason why the Sheik is not in the reserves. First because there are players in the reserves that are replaceable, and second because Emerson was one of the protagonists of what is Corinthians' most important title. Emerson has 177 games compared to Luizão's 109 and Palhinha's 148.

Emerson won the following titles:
Campeonato Brasileiro 2011, Copa Libertadores da América 2012, Mundial de Clubes 2012, Campeonato Paulista 2013 e Recopa Sul-Americana 2013

Luizão:
Campeonato Brasileiro 1999. Campeonato Mundial 2000. Rio-São Paulo 2002

Palhinha:
Campeonato Paulista 1977 e 1979

Besides, Sheik scored 2 goals in the Libertadores final, which somehow increases his size.

I also agree this
Bola Clássica wrote:
But I can say that Gil, Balbuena, Adílson Batista, Fábio Luciano were better players and achieve more important titles. Luiz Carlos never won a single title for the club (not that it is essencial, but it is important).

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:29 am

Another thing that can be discussed is the entry of Ronaldo Giovanelli in the starting 11 instead Gilmar. I don't want to go into that subject right now, but Ronaldo has more games and more titles.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:50 am

It's quite strange not to see José Ferreira NETO among Corinthians' All Stars...

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:49 pm
Profile WWW

Trivelocco wrote:
It's quite strange not to see José Ferreira NETO among Corinthians' All Stars...

How? Neto is in the first squad among midfielders.

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:18 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Trivelocco wrote:

How? Neto is in the first squad among midfielders.

Lol I'm getting blind, man. Could've sworn his name wasn't there when I first checked it out :lol:

Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Mikerdead39 wrote:
Another thing that can be discussed is the entry of Ronaldo Giovanelli in the starting 11 instead Gilmar. I don't want to go into that subject right now, but Ronaldo has more games and more titles.

I agree that Ronaldo is more important, has more games and more titles. He is also more iconic for the club and a bigger idol for the fans than Gylmar. All those things are totally true.

But... Gylmar is so far a better goalkeeper than Ronaldo, but soooo far that it has to count anyway.

Also, I would put Cássio among the 23, not Ronaldo. Cássio has similar stats than Ronaldo and he is still playing. Cassio has not so many games, but superior in titles and he is a better goalkeeper in my opinion.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

I agree that Ronaldo is more important, has more games and more titles. He is also more iconic for the club and a bigger idol for the fans than Gylmar. All those things are totally true.

But... Gylmar is so far a better goalkeeper than Ronaldo, but soooo far that it has to count anyway.

Also, I would put Cássio among the 23, not Ronaldo. Cássio has similar stats than Ronaldo and he is still playing. Cassio has not so many games, but superior in titles and he is a better goalkeeper in my opinion.

Well, I think that in an All Stars team the importance of someone in the club should be a bigger criterion than skills and technical criteria. Bigger ≠ Better. I honestly think that Ronaldo and Cássio should be the starters, but they certainly won't accept that. Gilmar is a great (in other words, in size) at Santos, I believe that at Corinthians there is no room for him with guys like Ronaldo and Cássio, who played more than him and won more than him, even though they were worse goalkeepers.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:23 pm

Wasn't Gilmar at Corinthians for like, ten seasons or more? I think that his longevity at the club along with his immense quality, qualifies him for the first team.

Similar example is Blagoje Paunović in Partizan. He's our best ever player who hadn't win a trophy with the club.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next