CF RISI

Captain: Roger Wehrli | Urs Schönenberger
Short free kick: Roger Wehrli
Long free kick: Roger Wehrli
Free kick 2: -
Right corner: Hans-Peter Burri
Left corner: Hans-Peter Burri
Penalty: Peter Risi | Thomas Wyss

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:56 pm

Adrian Knup certainly needs to be in first team, either instead of Bernaschina or Tschouga (rather for Tschouga who was a fan favorite but whose best performances came in second division). Can't believe that Roger Wehrli isn't the first choice for captain here (who was the undisputable leader and captain of the great Luzern team of the late 80s) and instead Schönenberger who was never first choice as captain (even after Wehrli left, Knup became captain and not Schönenberger)..
Jürgen Mohr also wasn't CMF, he was classic AMF who played behind the strikers. Btw I don't get why Nadig is selected as FK taker here (let me guess: He's AMF, he has to be good there), he was tall guy who was a recipient of balls from free kicks/corners, not the one who took them..

Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 pm

I'll replace Tschouga with Knup and move Mohr to AMF position. Regarding the other two issues, I watched several highlights of Luzern's matches but I didn't exactly figure out who was the captain and who took free kicks. So I wanted to set Wehrli as main captain because of his importance in that role and the matches played but then I opted for Schönenberger because checking Luzern's matches during the end of the 1980s in UEFA's website, he was always selected as captain but I'll switch them. About the free kick taker, yes, I selected Nadig for that reason despite noticing him hitting balls coming from corners. Who should I consider?

Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:01 am

Interista93 wrote:
I'll replace Tschouga with Knup and move Mohr to AMF position. Regarding the other two issues, I watched several highlights of Luzern's matches but I didn't exactly figure out who was the captain and who took free kicks. So I wanted to set Wehrli as main captain because of his importance in that role and the matches played but then I opted for Schönenberger because checking Luzern's matches during the end of the 1980s in UEFA's website, he was always selected as captain but I'll switch them.

If you would have read at least one article about the Luzern team from that years, then you would certainly would have read how Wehrli was praised for his role as captain by his team mates, fans and journalists. But hey, the guy who once put this info on uefa.com (that of course has to be right and can't be wrong) certainly knows things better than the actual Luzern players from those years :roll:

Interista93 wrote:
About the free kick taker, yes, I selected Nadig for that reason despite noticing him hitting balls coming from corners. Who should I consider?

You see him beeing the recipient of crosses/corners but then think he would have taken long free kicks? Yeah, makes much sense..
Best FK taker for Luzern was certainly Tuce but since he isn't in first team, probably Wehrli would be an option there (I read that he sometimes scored with FKs although the number is certainly lower than Tuce's).
And to clarify things about Nadig: Nadig was CF/SS at Luzern before he was put on the spot of attacking midfielder in 1989 after Luzern signed both John Eriksen and Adrian Knup while Jürgen Mohr left the team. Since Rausch considered Nadig as too slow for the counter attacks (at least compared to the other two), he used him as "replacement" for Jürgen Mohr who had been Luzern's playmaker/attacking midfielder in the years before.
Btw, just to point it out again: Not everyone who get's No. 10 shirt and plays as AMF is automatically a good free kick taker.

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]