It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 All Stars Teams & Era teams request 

pesman wrote:
Ok guys (girls???) post here your requests for classic teams, not anymore in classic section threads....

Also don't request 100 teams from once.

Well, as Pesman posted the Players request, I'll post this topic for the same but with teams

INDEX

Era Teams
Europe 00's | Done
Deportivo La Coruña 1999-2004 "El Eurodepor" | Done
Algeria 1982-1986 | In Progress
Queen's Park Rangers 1975-1976 | Done

All Stars
El Clásico All Stars | Done
Venezuela All-Stars | Done
Russia All Stars | Done
Football League/English Top League All Stars | Done
Arminia Bielefeld All Stars | Done
Sevilla FC All Stars | Done

Brasileirão All Stars | In progress
Argentinian Primera División All Stars | In progress
Primeira Liga All-Stars | In Progress
FIFA World Cup All-Stars | In Progress

Last edited by Cristiano_Naniano on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:17 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
The team's style was acting like brainless jerks then? I mean, destroying the glasses of opponents (Pachamé) or purposely breaking an opponent's jaw (Aguirre Sanchez) seems like total normal stuff to me - at least for psychopaths.

Kind of yes. That team had rough and harsh players, in fact by 1969 the different Argentine graphic media were beginning to consider them "anti-football", and not precisely because of these violent actions. They were not very technically gifted so they had to resort to a much more physical game than other teams. However, if you look at the biographies of the players you would agree that this just happened when they played for Estudiantes.

Of course, these are generalities; Ramón Aguirre Suárez, for example, WAS a violent player, regardless of his time at Estudiantes, Granada, or Salamanca. Carlos Pachamé, on the other hand, was a tough player, but not at all violent. Zubeldía, Bilardo, Togneri, Malbernat, and Verón were the calmest of that team.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
And while those retards didn't end up in a lunatic hospital, they still were locked up in their own president..

And yes, Poletti, Aguirre Suárez, and Manera were arrested by the government after the Intercontinental final, but so was Milan's Néstor Combín. The president at that time, Carlos Onganía, was de facto president of a military coup; he was a dictator. The country's context at that time did not cooperate either; The popular mobilizations that had followed the "Cordobazo" had increased social tension amid political and economic unrest: the arrest of the players was only to demonstrate that whoever committed excesses would inevitably end up arrested. Their detention was simply a political trick that had nothing to do with the disaster that was that night on the field, if they had won the game they wouldn't have been sent to jail.
There is a quote by Carlos Bilardo that sums up this incident pretty well: "They (the government) told us it was either victory or Devoto.", Devoto being the name of the prison the Estudiantes' players and Combín stayed for a month.

If you want violent, or at least very harsh players from our football, I can suggest:

:ARG: Ramón AGUIRRE SUÁREZ
:HON: Eduardo BENNETT
:PAR: José Luis Félix CHILAVERT
:ARG: Blas Armando GIUNTA
:ARG: Enrique HRABINA
:URU: Julio MONTERO CASTILLO
:ARG: Rubén NAVARRO
:URU: Tomás ROLAN
:ARG: Óscar RUGGERI
:ARG: Gastón SESSA
:ARG: Roberto TROTTA
:ARG: Flavio ZANDONÁ

Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:05 am

If you're lacking in forwards, British football has always had lots of forwards known for their brutality: John Fashanu, Billy Whitehurst, Mick Harford, Duncan Ferguson, Eric Cantona, Kevin Davies, Joe Jordan, probably many more. For a long time, the striker in England was usually a battering ram that just elbows defenders in the face. Even guys like Shearer and Mark Hughes were known for their aggressive fouls and elbowing people.

Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:16 am

:NIR: Linfield All-Stars
:ECU: Independiente Del Valle All-Stars
:PER: Cienciano All-Stars
:BRA: Criciúma All-Stars
:NZL: Auckland City All-Stars

Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Manchester City 2022/23 (treble winners).

Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:08 pm

Olympique do Marcelo wrote:
:NIR: Linfield All-Stars
:ECU: Independiente Del Valle All-Stars
:PER: Cienciano All-Stars
:BRA: Criciúma All-Stars
:NZL: Auckland City All-Stars

The first four are in my list of teams to post. I can add Auckland City.

Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:27 pm

@Kolektivitet: Any chance of FC Prishtina All Stars? And considering that the core of this team will likely be their golden generation from the 80s (Vokri, Shala, Cana, Batrovic, Muriqi, etc), an FC Prishtina 1981-1988 era team would be a good idea as well :D

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:24 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
@Kolektivitet: Any chance of FC Prishtina All Stars? And considering that the core of this team will likely be their golden generation from the 80s (Vokri, Shala, Cana, Batrovic, Muriqi, etc), an FC Prishtina 1981-1988 era team would be a good idea as well :D

I've actually received a request from one of the fans to create FC Prishtina 83/84 squad, so I will definitely look into it :D I did some search a while ago for any reliable sources and similar stuff, and found out about the 81-89 golden generation but more likely it seems like 83-88 (it's all around the 81-88 years t seems)

I've created an All Stars unofficial list from the sources, but when I dig deeper into the 80s, who knows what other info I'll find. So it's on my list in the coming weeks :)

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16