It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 All Stars Teams & Era teams request 

pesman wrote:
Ok guys (girls???) post here your requests for classic teams, not anymore in classic section threads....

Also don't request 100 teams from once.

Well, as Pesman posted the Players request, I'll post this topic for the same but with teams

INDEX

Era Teams
Europe 00's | Done
Deportivo La Coruña 1999-2004 "El Eurodepor" | Done
Algeria 1982-1986 | In Progress
Queen's Park Rangers 1975-1976 | Done

All Stars
El Clásico All Stars | Done
Venezuela All-Stars | Done
Russia All Stars | Done
Football League/English Top League All Stars | Done
Arminia Bielefeld All Stars | Done
Sevilla FC All Stars | Done

Brasileirão All Stars | In progress
Argentinian Primera División All Stars | In progress
Primeira Liga All-Stars | In Progress
FIFA World Cup All-Stars | In Progress

Last edited by Cristiano_Naniano on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:17 pm

kaka9636 wrote:
Interista93 wrote:
kaka9636 wrote:
:VIE: vietnam all star team
:NIG: Nigeria all star team

??? Both teams have already been created.

I wanna know their stats.

If you want to ask about specific players, you should do it in the "Player stats request" section. Anyways, Nigeria is a team that needs an update and all the linked players are available. And Vietnam only has a few players created by ttt1009. You can ask him if he plans to post more in the future. So, I don't know what stats you want to see.

Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:50 pm

Union Berlin All Stars

Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:01 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Union Berlin All Stars

I'll post it either tomorrow or the next week.

Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:05 pm

I was thinking about posting a peculiar AS team just for fun. It will include the most violent players in the history of football such as Vinnie Jones, Roy Keane and so on. Any idea for the title? And what do you think the main criteria should be: most cards received with priority to red cards or worst reputation as dangerous player or skills regardless of how much violent a player was?
While searching for rankings, players from the 1970s onwards make most of the lists. As far as I'm concerned, the only very old players I know being described as violent are goalkeeper William Foulke, defender Willie Woodburn, midfielder Frank Barson, strikers Benito Lorenzi and Leonel Sanchez. Does any of you have more names?

Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:34 pm

I'd say it depends on if you're considering players that are just tough, or players that are actually violent. For example, Kahn and Schmeichel could be considered incredibly tough players, but are either of them "dirty"? You could say the same about others like Stam or Vidic, they would put their head through a brick wall for their team, were aggressive players and also had plenty of red cards but I'm not sure I'd consider them violent or dirty. So are you only considering the guys like Hunter, Goikoetxea, Juanito etc. that would intentionally injure people or fight their opponents on the pitch?

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:44 am

I mean players who were violent on purpose or could lose head easily such as Hunter, Goikoetxea and Juanito, as you mentioned. Guys like Sebastiano Rossi who threw a punch at Christian Bucchi, or Roy Keane who deliberately contributed to ending Haaland's career.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:55 am

Felipe Melo, Materazzi, Ibrahimovic maybe?

Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:14 pm

jcklein wrote:

I'm aware of players post-1970s. I wonder if there are very old players known for being violent hotheads.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:18 pm

Interista93 wrote:
jcklein wrote:

I'm aware of players post-1970s. I wonder if there are very old players known for being violent hotheads.

Sorry, I misread.

I heard Tommy Smith was like the Vinnie Jones of the 60s and 70s. Fred Keenor was also know for a very aggressive type of play, though not really dirty.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:58 pm

Henryk Martyna was known for his violent tackles, Ivo Bego was also known for his rough tackles which almost ended the career of Ilijas Pašić. Argentina also had lots of them in the 60s, like Ramon Aguirre Suarez, Carlos Bilardo, Eduardo Manera and Carlos Pachamé of Estudiantes, even their goalkeeper Alberto Poletti was banned for life for his violence. The Racing Club team back then was also very violent.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:12 pm

Interista93 wrote:
While searching for rankings, players from the 1970s onwards make most of the lists. As far as I'm concerned, the only very old players I know being described as violent are goalkeeper William Foulke, defender Willie Woodburn, midfielder Frank Barson, strikers Benito Lorenzi and Leonel Sanchez. Does any of you have more names?

Pelé

Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

jcklein wrote:
the 60s and 70s. Fred Keenor was also know for a very aggressive type of play, though not really dirty.

Tommy Smith was one of the hardest tacklers in England but he was never dirty on purpose and only got one red card in his career.

Anyway, going now back to the original post, should the team be focused on the dirtiest players regardless of their overall abilities or should it be like "the best violent players"?

Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:53 pm

Interista93 wrote:
jcklein wrote:
the 60s and 70s. Fred Keenor was also know for a very aggressive type of play, though not really dirty.

Tommy Smith was one of the hardest tacklers in England but he was never dirty on purpose and only got one red card in his career.

Anyway, going now back to the original post, should the team be focused on the dirtiest players regardless of their overall abilities or should it be like "the best violent players"?

I think the dirtiest is even more suvjective than the best and you can ended up creating a team with only not relevant players, the football universe is huge and I'm sure there are many very violent players that we never even heard about on lower divisions. Players that already broke 2 or 3 legs playing.

If it is about the dirtiest ever you can choose many players of the Clube de Futebol Canelas 2010. I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or 4 worth names there.

I'm also not sure about the criteria. Junior Baiano is a obviously name but Mozer would be too? He was a very tough player.

What about establish a criteria that the player have already at least played for the NT. It would reduce a lot the universe choices.

Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:33 am
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
What about establish a criteria that the player have already at least played for the NT. It would reduce a lot the universe choices.

I guess you mean that the team should be like "the best players who also played dirty"? I agree with that, but I don't think I can consider only those who played for a national team. That would leave out guys like Sebastiano Rossi, Lee Cattermole, Ron Harris, and more. I guess the team can be created.

Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:11 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
Henryk Martyna was known for his violent tackles, Ivo Bego was also known for his rough tackles which almost ended the career of Ilijas Pašić. Argentina also had lots of them in the 60s, like Ramon Aguirre Suarez, Carlos Bilardo, Eduardo Manera and Carlos Pachamé of Estudiantes, even their goalkeeper Alberto Poletti was banned for life for his violence. The Racing Club team back then was also very violent.

Fully agree for those Estudiantes guys. From Germany Walter Frosch has to be considered, he gained 18 (other sources state 19 or even 27 although the latter seems to be a mistake) yellow cards in one season what lead to the introduction of a ban after five yellow cards. Other infamous players from German football would be Uli Borowka, Bernd Hollerbach, Jermaine Jones, Tomasz Hajto, Carlos Zambrano, David Abraham or Martin Hinteregger.

Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next