It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:42 pm



Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Suggestions for forum improvement 
Author Message

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 pm
Posts: 492
Here you can post your suggestions, thoughts and anything else what can help for forum improvement.


Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 am
Profile
Online

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 976
Those ratings aren't very helpful, since a lot of it is dependant on what position you play and some things are weighted higher than others. Robert Jarni and Anatoliy Demyanenko are both rated at like 100 for example because WBs have insanely high overall ratings for whatever reason, whereas it's extremely rare for an attacking midfielder to go above 90, Platini has absolutely godlike stats but is rated as an 87. Sweepers aren't much better, Beckenbauer is only an 86 rated while Traianos Dellas is an 88, they just value aerial ability way too high for sweepers. So yeah, those values aren't very accurate or to be taken seriously, they aren't helpful as a way of comparing stats.

Edit: talking about PES 2011 here


Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:00 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am
Posts: 2220
It depends by the PES version you use. PES 2014, for example, had monstrous overall and too many players had red overall. After that edition, Konami slowly adjusted that. However, as Stuart said, overalls aren't important to determine who's better in a comparison. I've been told though that Konami uses to decide a maximum overall for each player before working on the stats.


Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:21 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am
Posts: 2220
I just noticed a short discussion about players being selected for more teams in Porto AS thread and I reply here not to fill that thread. I understand that many players have been too important for several teams not to be included in more than one 23-men squad and I'm sure I did the same to follow the standards of the forum. However I prefer what ElCapo said because these teams are made to be playable in PES and it would be weird to have the same player duplicated in more clubs. Then someone has to decide where that specific player should stay and who he should be replaced by in the other team. Of course everyone is free to decide if his OF should have duplicates or not. Therefore this discussion may be pointless on one side. Again, it would be hard to leave players like Johan Cruijff out from either Ajax or Barcelona (even though I'd route for the Dutch club) but at the same time you can see other legends like Luís Figo (and I'm not comparing the two) who isn't selected for any single AS team, not Barcelona nor Real Madrid or Sporting CP. I also understand that checking all the clubs that have the same player or more than one it would be a tough work. I just wanted to make this observation anyway.


Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 1827
Interista93 wrote:
I just noticed a short discussion about players being selected for more teams in Porto AS thread and I reply here not to fill that thread. I understand that many players have been too important for several teams not to be included in more than one 23-men squad and I'm sure I did the same to follow the standards of the forum. However I prefer what ElCapo said because these teams are made to be playable in PES and it would be weird to have the same player duplicated in more clubs. Then someone has to decide where that specific player should stay and who he should be replaced by in the other team. Of course everyone is free to decide if his OF should have duplicates or not. Therefore this discussion may be pointless on one side. Again, it would be hard to leave players like Johan Cruijff out from either Ajax or Barcelona (even though I'd route for the Dutch club) but at the same time you can see other legends like Luís Figo (and I'm not comparing the two) who isn't selected for any single AS team, not Barcelona nor Real Madrid or Sporting CP. I also understand that checking all the clubs that have the same player or more than one it would be a tough work. I just wanted to make this observation anyway.


Figo is in resereves in both Real and Sporting AS teams. He also was in Barcelona AS but then some people complained that he couldn't be there because he was "hated so much" by Barcelona fans and so he was removed :roll:
Regarding "duplicated players": If someone doesn't want duplicated players in his OF, then it's his job to decide where to put players and how to "replace" them in other teams. We (I think I can speak for the other mods/admins here) certainly won't remove players from clubs where they contributed a lot just to prevent duplicates.


Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am
Posts: 2220
I know he's in reserves but I meant in the first squad. And I know this is a controversial discussion because several players contributed a lot, as you said, to the history of more than one club. In fact I also pointed out that at the end someone can just decide by themselves where to include the player to avoid duplicates. However you said that Figo has been excluded from Barcelona AS for that reason (which is dumb in my opinion since the teams should include those who made history and not those who aren't hated) and I can say that I noticed a few teams without players that I'd include but I can't really remember what teams they are.


Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:33 pm
Profile
Amministratore

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 pm
Posts: 734
I agree with Gurkenjoe.
Why Lazio or Milan should give up Nesta?
Penarol and Milan for Schiaffino.
Lazio and Juve for Nedved.
Crvena Zvezda and Milan for Savicevic.
Juventus, Fiorentina, Brescia for Baggio.
Internacional and Roma for Falcao (by far the most important player for each team)
Etc.
Than everybody is free to edit teams in his OF :)


Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:56 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am
Posts: 2220
Yeah, I just wanted to have this little discussion but you both are definitely right. :D


Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 pm
Posts: 31
I think I already know the answer for this question, but what do guys think about making the AS NT section so it match up with the official FIFA's rules? You know the rules that been around since the 30's and states that a NT has to have 3 goalkeepers for official tournament games.


Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am
Posts: 2220
fceastfunen wrote:
I think I already know the answer for this question, but what do guys think about making the AS NT section so it match up with the official FIFA's rules? You know the rules that been around since the 30's and states that a NT has to have 3 goalkeepers for official tournament games.

I used to select three goalkeepers in the first national team all stars I made but then I changed to two. I agree with your point but considering the actual gameplay, how many the chances to use all three goalkeepers would be? I think not many − unless you're so unlucky to have both them in bad condition − and a slot would probably be kinda wasted.


Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:49 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 7:01 pm
Posts: 31
Interista93 wrote:
I used to select three goalkeepers in the first national team all stars I made but then I changed to two. I agree with your point but considering the actual gameplay, how many the chances to use all three goalkeepers would be? I think not many − unless you're so unlucky to have both them in bad condition − and a spot would probably be kinda wasted.


Yeah It was kind of the response I expected. Just thought it was kind of funny that we weren't following that rule :lol:
Another question would then be, which outfield player are we going to change them with... I have a few ideas for the Nordic countries, but when it comes to places like Nicaragua, Sierra Leon and Thailand and I'm fucked.


Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 8:36 pm
Posts: 2
can do the skills / statistics of javier pinola 2006?


Sat May 02, 2020 9:33 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:59 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Greece
Concerning the NT all-star teams I would like to propose a limit for active players at entering the 23-man squad. Imo active players should be included only if they are at least 30 years old or if they have earned at least 100 national caps. I believe this measure ensures that the team retains a more classic character.
Another point is if you want to make the selection not dependent only on the national career of the players. For me the more suitable measure is 70% national-30% club career.


Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:02 pm
Profile
Online

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Posts: 976
FanisJK7 wrote:
Concerning the NT all-star teams I would like to propose a limit for active players at entering the 23-man squad. Imo active players should be included only if they are at least 30 years old or if they have earned at least 100 national caps. I believe this measure ensures that the team retains a more classic character.
Another point is if you want to make the selection not dependent only on the national career of the players. For me the more suitable measure is 70% national-30% club career.


What would be the point of that? The majority of players in these teams achieved everything before reaching 30 or 100 caps. The point of the teams isn’t to be a “Classic” team, if you want to make a team like that, you’re free to do so in your OF. The All Star Teams exist to honour the players that have contributed a lot to their country’s footballing history, and yes, that includes active players. Those players have already earned their place, there is no need to bother waiting until they’re 30 for no reason. And the teams are the collective work of the moderation team, agreed upon by all of us. With Griezmann, it’s already explained why he’s in the first team: he did more for France than the three players you suggested combined.

Also splitting it between club and international career is dumb, there’s no reason to do that. Club All Star teams exist for a reason. Cantona deservedly has his place in Manchester United All Stars but there is no argument to be made for him to be in France All Stars.


Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:39 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:59 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Greece
StuartBannigan wrote:
FanisJK7 wrote:
Concerning the NT all-star teams I would like to propose a limit for active players at entering the 23-man squad. Imo active players should be included only if they are at least 30 years old or if they have earned at least 100 national caps. I believe this measure ensures that the team retains a more classic character.
Another point is if you want to make the selection not dependent only on the national career of the players. For me the more suitable measure is 70% national-30% club career.


What would be the point of that? The majority of players in these teams achieved everything before reaching 30 or 100 caps. The point of the teams isn’t to be a “Classic” team, if you want to make a team like that, you’re free to do so in your OF. The All Star Teams exist to honour the players that have contributed a lot to their country’s footballing history, and yes, that includes active players. Those players have already earned their place, there is no need to bother waiting until they’re 30 for no reason. And the teams are the collective work of the moderation team, agreed upon by all of us. With Griezmann, it’s already explained why he’s in the first team: he did more for France than the three players you suggested combined.

Also splitting it between club and international career is dumb, there’s no reason to do that. Club All Star teams exist for a reason. Cantona deservedly has his place in Manchester United All Stars but there is no argument to be made for him to be in France All Stars.

Alright. I can see. I just didn't make some points clear in the right way. I hadn't realised for sure that the NT all-star teams are based exclusively on the performance with the national team that's why I suggested that the selection could be also affected by club career. Anyway since all the moderators have agreed upon criteria I will respect it to say the least.


Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.