Captain: Roy Keane | Roger Byrne | Bobby Charlton
Short Free Kick: Bobby Charlton | Ryan Giggs
Long Free Kick: Paul Scholes | Bobby Charlton
Left Corner: Paul Scholes | Bobby Charlton
Right Corner: Paul Scholes | Bobby Charlton
Penalty: Éric Cantona

HISTORICAL SQUADS AND INFO:

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Dwight Yorke not in a reserve list? Rio not starter? Don't think so...

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Another perfect example of what i'm saying about expanding the format of at least 25 players in this big teams's AS.

What was the logic behind it, or simple, how comes that the generation that win the UCL in 2008 and reach the finals in 2009 & 2011 are only 2 players (Ryan and Paul); because Gary was nonexistent back then because of his injuries and then Rafael was more in the right back place than him (not saying Rafa>Gary, but the point it's far explained)

Jack Rowley is there, but then what was the logic of leaving out Cristiano, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Rooney and even Evra? Marketing players? You can bash all you want about these "overrated" players yet they had contributed more for the club than this vintage players.

Somebody like Jack Rowley it's like nowadays Dimitar Berbatov, (tons of goals, yet no rewards)

Tommy Taylor, (may he rest in peace) what he has done for a club of such history like Manchester United? 2 league titles? and then somebody like Van Nistelrooy who has won more trophies, insane amount of individual awards and is their all time European goal Scorer (just because Ronaldo leave United, before eventually surpass him), didn't make it, maybe because the fact is that RVN didn't die in a airplane crash like Taylor tragically did, that's all..

Yet, i didn't change anything here, apparently the rules created for this teams like this are just for hypocrites ornaments..And because i'm a dictator for doing the changes that ARE necessary and because nobody gives a flying **** about it..

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Andrei Kanchelskis should be add in reserves, because he got 2 premier league with Manchester united

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:55 am

Rooney and Ferdinand absolutely have to be in the first team, they achieved far too much to not be there. Rooney was a better player and achieved much more than Tommy Taylor, and is the club’s highest ever goal scorer. He has to be here by default.

Rio is a bit harder because all the defenders are legends, but I’d say he was better than both Buchan and Bruce. Since Buchan only won 1 FA Cup during his United career, it would make sense to replace him. Otherwise, Tony Dunne should be the one to go since having 4 players capable of playing LB is overkill...

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:11 am

After watching and reading more about Tommy Taylor while making his set, I really have to insist that Rooney easily deserves a place over him in the first team. Taylor could barely control the ball, he was pretty much only good with his head, Rooney was ten times the player Taylor was, and is the club’s top scorer of all time. There really are absolutely zero arguments for Taylor to be in the first team...

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:17 pm

3 LB for a team?? I don't think so
Ferdinand with 12years for MU and 14 cup should be in first team.
Dunne in reserves

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:11 pm

El Capo wrote:
Another perfect example of what i'm saying about expanding the format of at least 25 players in this big teams's AS.

What was the logic behind it, or simple, how comes that the generation that win the UCL in 2008 and reach the finals in 2009 & 2011 are only 2 players (Ryan and Paul); because Gary was nonexistent back then because of his injuries and then Rafael was more in the right back place than him (not saying Rafa>Gary, but the point it's far explained)

Jack Rowley is there, but then what was the logic of leaving out Cristiano, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Rooney and even Evra? Marketing players? You can bash all you want about these "overrated" players yet they had contributed more for the club than this vintage players.

Somebody like Jack Rowley it's like nowadays Dimitar Berbatov, (tons of goals, yet no rewards)

Tommy Taylor, (may he rest in peace) what he has done for a club of such history like Manchester United? 2 league titles? and then somebody like Van Nistelrooy who has won more trophies, insane amount of individual awards and is their all time European goal Scorer (just because Ronaldo leave United, before eventually surpass him), didn't make it, maybe because the fact is that RVN didn't die in a airplane crash like Taylor tragically did, that's all..

Yet, i didn't change anything here, apparently the rules created for this teams like this are just for hypocrites ornaments..And because i'm a dictator for doing the changes that ARE necessary and because nobody gives a flying **** about it..

This post has been here for a while, but damn ... It represents the total reality of the facts :v

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:56 pm

I mean, I agree with Ferdinand in the first team over Dunne, but other than that, the team looks perfectly fine to me, other than that De Gea can be added to the reserves.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm

bemeo2006 wrote:
3 LB for a team?? I don't think so
Ferdinand with 12years for MU and 14 cup should be in first team.
Dunne in reserves

Ferdinand is one of the most overrated players in United history, both Stam and especially Vidic were miles above him..
And even more important: Who cares how many cups a player won? Nicky Butt also won 14 trophies, does he need to be in first team here as well? I mean, unlike Keane he actually was on the pitch, so why not replace Keane with Butt? :lol: John O'Shea with 12 years and 12 trophies can certainly replace that loser Buchan. And let's not forget Ji-Sung Park with 12 trophies, Wes Brown with 13 (!!!) trophies and we certainly find a place for United legend Tomasz Kuszczak (ten trophies!!!) as well :roll:

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:19 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Ferdinand is one of the most overrated players in United history, both Stam and especially Vidic were miles above him..

I completely disagree with this, and you'd be hard pressed to find a United fan who would agree. He was a fantastic player and probably the most complete defender in United's history (great awareness, quick, good in the air, good with the ball at his feet, could organise a defence well). Vidic was excellent but he needed someone next to him to calm him down, that was Ferdinand. IMO it's one of the best CB partnerships in English football history, and for that to happen both defenders need to be fantastic players.

3 LBs is too many so I think Dunne should leave the first team anyway. IMO Ferdinand is the natural replacement. Vidic gave 5 top class seasons to United, Stam gave 2. Ferdinand gave 10.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:56 pm

O'Shea, Butt and others were fringe players, nobody are asking for them.

And if Ferdinand was so overrated as detractors implies, how comes that he managed to play around 10 seasons as starter in a club like Man U? (Is the same argument for Gerard Piqué and Sergio Ramos for Spain and Barça/Rea! and so on)

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 pm

El Capo wrote:
O'Shea, Butt and others were fringe players, nobody are asking for them.

He used the cup argument, what is simply rubbish. I've just exaggerated his nonsense reason (cups = place in first team) with some more suggestions in a similar argumentation that he used.

El Capo wrote:
And if Ferdinand was so overrated as detractors implies, how comes that he managed to play around 10 seasons as starter in a club like Man U? (Is the same argument for Gerard Piqué and Sergio Ramos for Spain and Barça/Rea! and so on)

What has beeing overrated to do with beeing a starter in a big club? He was far away from WC at his first two years at United (just compare his performances against Real with Leeds and then against Real in 2003 with United) and even from 2010 his performances began to drop. If you guys still consider him WC for those other years, then it's your opinion and I accept that. I consider Rio world class from 2005 until 2010 but I've never understood why he was praised so much while Stam and especially Vidic never received similar praise despite showing similar perfomances on a more constant level.
Anyway, enough from me in that discussion, I've given my statement here and explained it, so there's nothing more to add from my side.

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I consider Rio world class from 2005 until 2010 but I've never understood why he was praised so much while Stam and especially Vidic never received similar praise despite showing similar perfomances on a more constant level.

I think those guys received plenty of praise. Stam was UEFA Defender of the Year twice and in the PFA Team of the Year three times while at United (even in the season he only played 15 league games). Vidic won Player of the Season for the whole league twice and was Team of the Year four times. Rio got Team of the Year 6 times but not the individual awards those guys got. And yes, his performances dipped sometimes but around about 2012 he was right back to his world class level again just before age caught up to him.

Anyway Stam isn't really in the conversation here, he simply wasn't there long enough. Pallister has a better claim than he does. If the choice is between Rio and Vidic my vote goes to Rio (although honestly, I consider Vidic over Buchan too).

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Do you believe that in the future Cristiano Ronaldo would be among the 23?

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next