Penalty: Frank Lampard | Eden Hazard | Didier Drogba

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 pm

http://thechels.info/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
El Capo wrote:
http://thechels.info/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.

"There is currently no text in this page" :mrgreen:
Probably better: http://thechels.info/wiki/Main_Page (good site btw)
Regarding the team: Paulo Ferreira and Gary Cahill should be in the reserves here. I'd also change Le Saux with Cole in first team.
Btw, just an optional formation that I use in my OF:

Lol :mrgreen: , go ahead, make the changes and add them, maybe it's just me but maybe Hazard, Mata, Malouda or Oscar could also have their space here as reserves, not all of course, maybe just one or two of them ;)

EDIT+PD:

Done it..

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Sure, they can be added, i only want it to mention that at least some of those Abramovich attacking midfielders that i've mentioned should be added for his contribution to the club (Malouda is an clear example, even though his exit was nothing 'glorious'.)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:15 am

Well i guess the part of Osgood as SS was something provisory, as he could play on the sides with the number 7 or 11 on his back, RWF suits him better on the Best XI.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Hazard has done more than enough to be in first team at this point, he’s been Chelsea’s best player by far since the day he joined, and the main reason they won their last two league titles. He should be there over Cooke...

Mata should be in reserves too, big part of the teams that won the Champions League and Europa League, and his 12/13 season was one of the best individual seasons in the club's history (20 goals and 35(!) assists in all competitions, and all that despite the fact he was passing to a broken Torres the whole season).

Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 am

Well, Hazard certainly can be there but why should we remove Cooke? He and Tambling are the only "real" wingers of the team (+Osgood as well). Since we have five CFs atm, I'd rather remove one of them (Hasselbaink would be my choice). Aziplicueta, Luiz, Kanté and even Pedro could be added to reserves.

Thu May 30, 2019 6:09 pm

True, I agree with Hasselbaink being the one to make way...

Also agree with Azpilicueta, Luiz and Kanté in reserves, I'd hold back on Pedro though, he's been very inconsistent although he has had a good season.

Thu May 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Updated.

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:45 pm

i think steve clarke or ivanovic are greater than carvalho, they should be in the first team
i know carvalho was a great defender but look at his 6 year in chelsea: only in 06-07, he played more than 30 match (PL only) and about half in other season
for a CB, it is really unstable.
terry, lampard, cech, ashley cole and drogba (makelele maybe) are key players that made the first mourinho era. carvalho is not that level, many players played with terry as CBs and he is just the one played the most (but only more than half).
in my opinion, the dedication and the achievement of steve clarke and ivanovic are much better.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 am

Kante > Makélélé, Azpilicueta > Sillett.

Sat May 29, 2021 9:46 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Kante > Makélélé, Azpilicueta > Sillett.

You forgot Werner instead of Greaves, Rüdiger instead of Desailly, Christensen instead of Harris, Chilwell instead of McCreadie, Havertz instead of Hazard and surely we can replace Zola with Mount as well. And Tuchel instead of Mourinho of course. And we better remove all those guys who shaped the club and weren't bought by a Russian sugardaddy.
Seriously, before a mediocre player like Azpilicueta gets into this team I'd add Ivanovic and even he isn't even half as good as Sillett (still much better than Azpilicueta of course but that's nothing special, after all this could be applied to Ferreira and Petrescu as well).

Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Azpilicueta has won 3 European trophies, 2 of them as captain, has made over 400 appearances, and what's more, he's a very good player, and always has been. I know you don't like him but Chelsea fans love him and any of them will tell you how great he has been for his entire Chelsea career. You can talk about "shaping" the club or whatever but in terms of legacy Sillett is nowhere near Azpilicueta anymore. Not denying Sillett was a great player, (of course, the texts available make it seem like he's the best right back of all time, which are obviously somewhat exaggerated) but Chelsea have had plenty of great players. As for those other names, putting a guy with almost 10 years of excellent service in the same category as Werner and Chilwell is just dumb. And yes, Azpilicueta is much better than Ferreira or Petrescu was for Chelsea. He is in the top tier of Chelsea legends now. This title win is history now. And by the way, Azpi cost £8m, less than Graeme Le Saux did in 1997, they and any PL club could afford him in any era, he has nothing to do with having a Russian sugar daddy (which is irrelevant by the way, otherwise we could remove Drogba, Hazard, Cech, Carvalho and Cole, and I doubt you would say they didn't "shape" the club).

As for Kante over Makélélé, it's an obvious choice. Kante is better than peak Makélélé and Claude wasn't even at his peak at Chelsea. Man of the match in both semi final legs and the final. Kante is the main reason Chelsea have won this title.

Sat May 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Both players deserve a spot in the first team, it's just a matter of time. I generally prefer players that still play for the club to be included when their stint ends, except for some outstanding cases. But I wouldn't object any earlier entry. Kante is definitely better than Makelele at Chelsea and Azpilicueta has been a great part of the club's history undoubtedly.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:16 am

General update

Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next