SS / CF MEAZZA
SS / CF NYERS

Captain: Armando Picchi | Giuseppe Bergomi
Short Free Kick: Lothar Matthäus
Long Free Kick: Luis Suárez | Lothar Matthäus
Left Corner: Luis Suárez
Right Corner: Luis Suárez
Penalty: Lothar Matthäus | Giuseppe Meazza
Players to go up on Free Kicks and Corners: Giacinto Facchetti, Giuseppe Bergomi

Last edited by 27DONI72 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:20 pm

IMO Bonimba was much better player than Lorenzi, but it's up to the majority to decide who should be in the first team. You know my vote...

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Amministratore

GOALKEEPERS:

Zenga
Julio Cesar

DEFENDERS:

Facchetti
Burgnich
Picchi
Bergomi
Brehme
Guarneri
J. Zanetti
Samuel

MIDFIELDERS:

Cambiasso
Matthaus
Corso
Suarez
Oriali
S. Mazzola
Berti

FORWARDS:

Altobelli
Meazza
Skoglund
Nyers
Jair
Boninsegna

The starting 11:

.................ZENGA...............
..............PICCHI......................
BURGNICH...GUARNERI..FACCHETTI
..................ORIALI......................
........MATTHAUS....SUAREZ...........
..................MAZZOLA..................
........MEAZZA.........NYERS............

This would be the updated team, any suggestion? Obviously I'll updated the reserves too.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:46 am

Meazza as SS, Altobelli as the CF would be my attacking duo, Altobelli is like the most complete italian CF ever and a genuine Inter legend (despite his small Juve tenure).

As for the line up, i'm not keen on leaving Zanetti out of the starting line up.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:15 am
Amministratore

El Capo wrote:
Meazza as SS, Altobelli as the CF would be my attacking duo, Altobelli is like the most complete italian CF ever and a genuine Inter legend (despite his small Juve tenure).

As for the line up, i'm not keen on leaving Zanetti out of the starting line up.

Burgnich was a better RB than Zanetti that's sure, mate.
Ok for forwards, let's see some other opinions and then I'll update first post.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:53 am

Tbh i completly disagree in let out Zanetti of the 11 starters, besides that Burgnich is a great player, i don't see Zanetti in any point below than him, is not fair wipe out to the foreign player with most appearances in Serie A , and also he holds the fourth-most appearances in the league and also he is the most capped player in Inter History so wipe out him it doesn't seems like a good decision.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:45 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
i don't see Zanetti in any point below than him

Did you ever watch a single game of Burgnich? I guess not because if you would have done that you would know that Burgnich was superior to Zanetti in all aspects of defending while Zanetti was more complete player than "La Roccia"..
TheGreatRossonero wrote:
is not fair wipe out to the foreign player with most appearances in Serie A

Totally irrelevant for this topic.
TheGreatRossonero wrote:
and also he holds the fourth-most appearances in the league

Totally irrelevant again.
The question should rather be why Bergomi is left out of the formation: nothing against Burgnich and Guarneri but Bergomi was superior player to both of them and possibly the greatest defender to ever play for Inter (+ serving the club for his whole career)..
Btw, deleted my formation from first post..

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 pm

In any moment i've disregard the quality of Burgnich, but please man, be more serius; a player who plays in Serie A for so many years, a league were the level is so high, a place were you can be buyed by one big team and in the next season, you will play in a provincial team of the south triying to stay in Serie B, playing in a team were the playstyle was totally ugly for so many years; just take a look from what kind of player are we talking about, a guy who keeps a great level in the best league in history, with the best fitness around there, defending the team in a such great way, even sometimes disregarding his NT to play there.
Facing players so much young than him, and even with that fact he can even handled they in the nowdays level.
And winning after so long time a title for his club, because Inter until 2010 always was living by his old's EC, and being the captain by some long time, i don't think that the club erase his number from the team because he was champion, there is something from behind that.

And please don't come with the older stuff, everyone has his importance in their times and clubs, no one is amateur, everyone of they wake up at 7 am to train, go to work and train like 5 to 7 hours, be submitted to the scrutiny of a coach, the pressure of the directive, the fans, the physical problems that each one suffers.

The starter 11 eleven is tricky, sometimes are maded to be balanced, because there are so many and not all of them can play.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:29 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
In any moment i've disregard the quality of Burgnich, but please man, be more serius; a player who plays in Serie A for so many years, a league were the level is so high, a place were you can be buyed by one big team and in the next season, you will play in a provincial team of the south triying to stay in Serie B, playing in a team were the playstyle was totally ugly for so many years; just take a look from what kind of player are we talking about, a guy who keeps a great level in the best league in history, with the best fitness around there, defending the team in a such great way, even sometimes disregarding his NT to play there.
Facing players so much young than him, and even with that fact he can even handled they in the nowdays level.
And winning after so long time a title for his club, because Inter until 2010 always was living by his old's EC, and being the captain by some long time, i don't think that the club erase his number from the team because he was champion, there is something from behind that.

And please don't come with the older stuff, everyone has his importance in their times and clubs, no one is amateur, everyone of they wake up at 7 am to train, go to work and train like 5 to 7 hours, be submitted to the scrutiny of a coach, the pressure of the directive, the fans, the physical problems that each one suffers.

The starter 11 eleven is tricky, sometimes are maded to be balanced, because there are so many and not all of them can play.

What is this "post" about? :?: If there is a message behind that nonsense, I don't get it..
If you would have read my post and had a look at the formation I posted, you could have easily guessed that I consider Zanetti as the RB for best XI because he is the most complete player they had on this position (+ beeing so consistent for all those years) . But it's hilarious to compare Zanetti's defending with Burgnich, Burgnich was miles above Zanetti considering positioning and reading opponent's movements and that's simply a fact that no one can deny who actually watched those players..

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:42 pm

There is no hidden message behind that, is very clear.
You try to disregard playing at the top, so many years playing there is no casual.
We don't have to give the 1 to the players by his age, all of the them have their pro's and cons.
And how do you know that i didn't see they, everyone has his preferences, besides is someone are better than others.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:55 pm
Amministratore

Yes Bergomi could be in place of Burgnich.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Facchetti should be left out of this line up as well since his defending at his prime isn't better than Zanetti either, he became the better defender past 1972/73 when he started to more as SWP, but no one will ever use a later set of Inter of Facchetti for Inter AS since he already has a prime set in this very club...Exactly, it shouldn't happen.

Besides, it will make more sense both attacking SB since there are no wingers in this potential 4-3-1-2 formation, bringing more attacking options; i mentioned that with Altobelli on field, it will bring a deadly threat from above with crosses from Suarez and Matthaus.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
There is no hidden message behind that, is very clear.
You try to disregard playing at the top, so many years playing there is no casual.

Where did I write that? Read my posts and don't accuse me of things I didn't write anywhere..
I only said that it's totally irrelevant for Inter AS that Zanetti is the foreign player with most appearances in Serie A or the fourth most appearances of all players in Serie A..
Speaking of strikers: if formation should have two strikers, then my vote goes to Boninsegna alongside Meazza.
And one last time: in other topics there were plenty of discussions because there were no backup players for specific positions and here the only other AMF (Beccalossi) is removed without adding a fitting replacement (btw strange how Altobelli is praised here although he would have only been half as good without Beccalossi)..

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:37 pm
Amministratore

Beccalossi should be out because we have Matthaus, Corso, Mazzola, Meazza who could play AMF.
Spillo IMHO was better than Bonimba.

@Capo: if we use italian Catenaccio, the rightback is defensive and the leftback offensive that's why Burgnich/Bergomi and Facchetti is perfect for me.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:59 pm

For the umpteenth time, Sneijder is the best player to replace Becca...Or Djorkaeff if you want a player more consistent.
Even Corso can play as AMF, he wasn't a typical side midfielder/winger anyways.

But then yes, it is true, there are many players that can fill the AMF role already in the squad.

And what about actually adding Domenghini instead of Becca?

27Doni72 wrote:
if we use italian Catenaccio, the rightback is defensive and the leftback offensive that's why Burgnich/Bergomi and Facchetti is perfect for me.

Seeing that with that perspective, then it males sense.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:15 pm
Amministratore

Updated first post, if you have further suggestions we can discuss about them.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next