Consistency: 6
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S21 - Step On Skills
P03 - Trickster

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Playmaking - Dribbling - Passing

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

José Leandro Andrade was an Uruguayan midfielder. A particulary athletic footballer (quite strong and really fast) with astounding skills and flexibility, excellent in defense (all in anticipation) and as a player of transition (fluid technique), able to make the last pass. An extremely dynamic player. Also very technical, very complete and very visibly way ahead of his time. His great physique, his flexibility, his finesse, his dribbling speed and an exceptional sense of the game class him out of the ordinary.

Intelligent and honest, Andrade was not used to celebrate his goals. Nicknamed the black marvel, "meravilla negra", is considered the first great colored player, and the very first real international football star. Andrade became very soon what the world of professional football would think of Pelé later in the century. During the 1920s/1930s with his exceptional class and his skilful shots he was considered absolutely the best. A very skilful player awarded by the Olympic Committee with the Olympic Cup for his fair-play. In 1924 he joined Nacional de Montevideo (105 appearances and 4 goals) playing there until 1930 when he returned to CA Peñarol, gaining the Uruguayan national title in 1932. In 1936 he played in Argentina at Atalanta, then the following year he moved to Wanderers FC in Montevideo where he ended his career. Probably forgotten and with no glory, the "black marvel" died in poverty in 1957.

- Andrade played 33 times for Uruguay scoring 1 goal

-105 matches played and 4 goals from 1924 and 1929 represented his time with Nacional (Uruguay): the club he played with most.

- With Uruguay he won all the most important football competitions: FIFA World Cup (1930), Olympic Games (1924 and 1928), Copa América (1923, 1924, 1926).

Quote:
Primo vero regista nella storia del calcio, abbina doti tecniche notevoli ad un carisma eccezionale, che lo porta più volte a spronare i compagni. In un era nella quale il centromediano metodista non esiste ancora, Andrade ne anticipa i contenuti, imponendosi come faro del centrocampo uruguayano e primo riferimento per i compagni in fase di costruzione della manovra. Uno dei primi in grado di dettare in tempi e di alzare la testa per servire in modo precisissimo i compagni, riesce anche ad essere sempre ben piazzato e pronto nel ruolo di "schermo" davanti alla difesa. Gli vengono attribuiti due sopranomi: "maravilla nera" per le doti tecniche e per il colore della pelle e "l'acrobata" per via del suo vezzo nel calciare i palloni a mezza altezza facendo perno sul braccio.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 pm

This case is similar to Víctor Rodríguez Andrade. José Andrade played like a right half, so we can add the Right Back position. The only difference is that José never played on the left.
Sources: http://www.national-football-teams.com/ ... drade.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1930_FIFA_World_Cup_Final

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:47 pm

I found a very interesting uruguayan page that also rates José Andrade like a right back: http://orgullo-celeste.com/top-10-celeste/

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
I found a very interesting uruguayan page that also rates José Andrade like a right back: http://orgullo-celeste.com/top-10-celeste/

Hey fella, whenever you can, you should try to use the EDIT button on your comment, specially when your previous comment was the last one in one particular thread, in order to avoid getting called "spammer" ;)

PD:

Good site though

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Sorry, my bad :oops: I 'm not used to forums :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Albiceleste wrote:

Don't worry, at some point i find that criteria very stupid as long the comments are related to the topic itself, since I'm not advertising anything and is also to keep hot the feedback..

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 pm

This guy is not familiar of champiom of the 50's maracanazo ? :?

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:43 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:

José was Victor's uncle.
El Capo wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:

Don't worry, at some point i find that criteria very stupid as long the comments are related to the topic itself, since I'm not advertising anything and is also to keep hot the feedback..

Actually I don't see a problem to use the edit function, it doesn't take more time than creating a new post. If you answer later (for example on the next day), then you can surely post a new answer, but not if there are only five minutes between two posts..

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:47 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
TheGreatRossonero wrote:

José was Victor's uncle.
El Capo wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:

Actually I don't see a problem to use the edit function, it doesn't take more time than creating a new post. If you answer later (for example on the next day), then you can surely post a new answer, but not if there are only five minutes between two posts..

Well, neither for 5 minutes should be a reason for a new post, something like 1-2 hours..

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:05 pm

Haha, it's not necessary to discuss, it was my fault. The next time I will edit. By the way, this is a fantastic page that categorizes the positions of José Andrade and Víctor Andrade adapted to contemporary tactics: http://xtralegend.blogspot.com.ar/2013/01/Uruguay.html

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Updated...

Quote:
Andrade juggling the ball. He does this by lying down, sitting, standing, and changes the position without stopping juggling. Fantastic tricks he was doing, and in a much more complex situation during the game. At the Paris Olympics of 1924, for example, in the match against Yugoslavia, he carried the ball, juggling his head through the half of the field, never dropping it on the ground. No less skillfully he ruled with the ball and with his feet. At the same Olympics, but in the match against the masters of the French, Andrade made an individual run length of almost a hundred meters, easily beating one after the other seven players, and then scored a goal. The secret to his virtuosity lies probably in the fact that Andrade, who began to play even before the official introduction of professionalism in Uruguayan football, earning a living ... the art of dance. In his own quarter, not the richest of all the districts of Montevideo, he organized a dance group. He collected a crowd of spectators during the performances, and the inimitable Andrade performed rumba and tango. Judging by the fact that his dancing group called "The poor Cuban negros" Andrade ancestors must have lived in Cuba. On the football field, he acted with the same grace, the excellent coordination of movements and speed, feeling the ball, like a dance partner. He easily changed the direction, pace, making unexpected turns and stop opponents. His play with the ball and in fact seemed to dance, causing the spectators a great delight.

Quote:
I francesi soprannominano quel mediano destro di centrocampo “la Merveille Noire”, “la Meraviglia Nera”, soprannome con cui passerà alla storia. È il primo giocatore di colore a prendere parte a una partita di calcio olimpica, ma non è per il colore della pelle che viene notato, quanto per la sua classe sopraffina: Andrade è capace di fare tutto, ha resistenza, tecnica, sapienza tattica e doti acrobatiche che gli permettono di eseguire colpi mai visti prima e mai più rivisti dopo su di un campo di calcio, come il calciare il pallone al volo facendo leva sulle mani ben piantate a terra. Ama anche la bella vita, José, tanto che spesso i compagni lo perdono per ritrovarlo nei più noti club di Parigi a bere e a cantare con gli avventori locali.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:12 pm
Profile WWW

Are you sure about the 95 value of TEC , for me he don't look superior in TEC that Fernando Redondo.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:21 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Are you sure about the 95 value of TEC , for me he don't look superior in TEC that Fernando Redondo.

he is maybe have high level TEC but I agree to opinion of TheGreatRossonero's
I think TEC 91-93, and ability of passer add had better.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:05 am

I have to say that 95 TEC does seem very over the top, I highly doubt he had better ball control than Cruyff or Totti, and on the same level as Platini, Schiaffino, Socrates or Di Stefano just to name a few. It should probably be more like Liedholm or Redondo on 92, still fantastic control but not beating players with it constantly like Meazza for example (who has 94).

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:19 pm
Amministratore

DMF? In Metodo he plays something like SB o RWB.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next