It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jacinto QUINCOCES 1930-1936 

Name: Jacinto Francisco Fernández de Quincoces y López de Arbina

Club: Deportivo Alavés (1920-1930), Real Madrid C.F. (1930-1942)
Position: *CB, (SB)
Side: RF/LS

Height: 181 cm
Weight: 78 kg

Attack: 60
Defence: 90
Balance: 86
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 80
Acceleration: 78
Response: 84
Agility: 79
Dribble Accuracy: 75
Dribble Speed: 72
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 60
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 67
Free Kick Accuracy: 57
Curling: 63
Header: 85
Jump: 86
Technique: 77
Aggression: 60
Mentality: 86
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 81

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S07 - Man Marking
S09 - Covering

SPECIAL ABLITIES: Marking - Covering

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

INFO:

Jacinto Quincoces was one of the best defenders in the world in the 1930s. Acrobatic and strong signed for Alaves in the 1925-26 season. In 1931 Jacinto Quincoces gets the prize for their worth in sports: a move to Real Madrid. Beside him is his inseparable friend and companion Ciriaco. His sobriety and acrobatic punts made him acquire fame. Zamora, Ciriaco and Quincoces formed a legendary defense, which is still cited as one of the best defenses in the world, model technique and strength.

The first year as a Real Madrid player could not be more fruitful, both for Quincoces to Real Madrid. The white team gets the league championship without losing a game in tough battle with Athletic Bilbao, which was resolved in the last two days. Would not be the only award he would get on their way to Real Madrid. The following year, 1932-33 season, Real Madrid would rise again to the league title, one more award to add to the history of fierce defense. In the Cup of Spain, the Madrid achieved the runner-up.

In the next season would be the reverse. Whites, with Quincoces fully integrated would be second in the league tournament and cup winners. Two more consecutive league runners-up gave way to the first cup final between Real Madrid and Barcelona, 21 July 1936. The Madrid won tournament (2-1), in an intense match at Mestalla and Quincoces emerged as an impregnable bulwark.

The Spanish Civil War brought a hiatus to any sporting activity. The war almost retired Quincoce as player, and although he rejoined the Real Madrid, his career was short-lived.

Jacinto Quincoces think of retirement. He is 34 years and the long hiatus of the war seemed an insurmountable handicap. However, he would prolong his career until 1942. On that date and after a match against Sevilla at Chamartin, Quincoces took the decision to leave football career. On December 8 Real Madrid gives him a deserved tribute.

After his retirement, Quincoces continued connected to the football.He became coach and debuted with Zaragoza. After a couple of seasons in the team, was named national coach in 1945. Then he coached Real Madrid, winning the League 1945-46. Jacinto Quincoces died on May 10, 1997 in Valencia.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Does he really deserve such a high value for STA? I've never read that he had extraordinary stamina and I don't think he was near the level of Vernati (who was known for his great stamina) who has 89 there..

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:08 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Does he really deserve such a high value for STA? I've never read that he had extraordinary stamina and I don't think he was near the level of Vernati (who was known for his great stamina) who has 89 there..

Any opinions on that? Maybe any of you guys has more knowledge on him ;)

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:40 pm

Well it's hard to give an opinion about a player we will never see play. If he was like 99,99% of the defenders back then, he has probably never crossed his own half of the pitch, even in the 50's/60's most of the defenders were like that, so it wouldn't surprise me that in the 20's/30's they were exclusively dedicated to the task they were assigned to. My guess is he doesn't deserve more than high green/low yellow in STA and high green max in TECH. RES is probably in mid yellow max as well.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Maybe 80 for STA, 87 for RES & 78 for TEC?
Edit: Also lower AGG value, 64 would be suitable IMO ;)

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Ok.... updated with your ideas guys.

Now it's physically more realistic for his era

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks ;) One of greatest RM defenders ever, probably the best alongside Santamaria..

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm

i use him with DEF: 88, BB: 84, RES: 82 and TW: 80..

It is obvious that you won't put the exact values, but at least you'll see how you will do it..

And for technical issues, i use him with DA: 71, TEC: 68, no a full reason for it, just that i don't find any info backing green values, but again you'll see...

And IT should be B, Quincoces since 1928 untill his retirement played with a broken meniscus..

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Yes, too harsh. I have only this:

Quote:
Uno de los zagueros más destacados de la historia del fútbol español y del Real Madrid. En 1934 cuajó un sensacional Mundial de Italia y le declararon el mejor defensa del mundo. Era muy habitual verle saltar al terreno de juego con un pañuelo en la cabeza y una rodillera. Lo primero era para evitar hacerse daño al golpear de cabeza aquellos esféricos tan duros y lo segundo fue porque jugó con el menisco roto durante más de quince años. Nacido el 17 de julio de 1905 en Baracaldo (España), fue un defensor muy ágil, vistoso, fuerte físicamente, de gran colocación y con un magnífico juego aéreo. Además sus rivales siempre le consideraron un señor sobre el césped.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:51 pm
Profile WWW

Well, that quote only says about how good he was in HEAD, and that fact about being the best CB in the world after the WC in 1934 :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 pm

I've found info about his TEC, it was in front of my eyes all the time lol..

http://www.defensacentral.com/madridism ... -baracaldo

Quote:
Quinconces era un defensa muy noble ( a veces demasiado para aquellos tiempos), de calidad, potencia y con buen manejo de la pelota. Con su pañuelo en la frente ( que llevaba para protegerse de los duros balones de la época) siempre era reconocido por los aficionados, quienes veían en él al perfecto escudero de Ricardo Zamora. Muchos le apodaron ‘El autogiro’ por su facilidad para el juego aéreo.

"Quincoces was a very noble defender, (sometimes too much in those times), of quality, power and good handling of the ball..

EDIT: Now in my OF, he will get TEC 74 for it :lol:

At least here the 77 is justified, maybe if you want increase his DA 1 or 2 points to close a little bit his gap compared with his previously mentioned TEC..

Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:08 pm

We can update the stats, unless footage of him magically appears in front of us, there's nothing to be added; you'll see which values would suit him..

BTW just a small sidenote before it happens:

In all the info that appears about him, he was always the left defender, so Side could/should be RF/LS ..

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Maybe closing the gap between DA & TEC if you don't feel good with that (increasing DA or reducing TEC, but i let you choose between the 2 options that i gave since he was described as a good handler of the ball, and you'll seek what would be the best thing to suit him).

And i swapp his HEA with JUM, he was described with amazing aerial game, but i would recommend favouring his jumping abilities rather than his heading, just looking at his goalscoring records (if he has one :roll: ) he didn't seem to be know for a Godin type defender who often scored from freekicks and corners...

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:03 pm

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/viewt ... 80&t=37104
Interesting, after Quincoces was updated here, those guys post an almost similar set, except for this hilarious value for RES and the adding of SWP, although Quincoces never played as sweeper :lol:
This albo guy and Moysis (who copies our sets with +1/-1 changes or makes suggestions based on our sets) are really poor guys, it's both sad and laughable..

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by Saeta on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next